some of this "day of action" is a bit hard to comprehend

June 30, 2007, 12:16 p.m.

Just an additional note.

I don't wish to single out minorities as the only ones dealing with their social issues due their feeling like crap.

I also think that our modern consumerism is also a simple manifestation of how shitty society truly feels but no-one has the balls to face it. In stead, everyone burries themselves into their work working 60 hours a week so they can have their latest and greatest toy that is cool for about 5 seconds. It's much easer to disctract ones attention from real issues than to deal with them. Today's toys are an excellent tool of distraction in an attempt to isolate ourselves from our own feelings

In other words, our modern society is faced with the same challanges that the natives are, except our problems are not clearly as visible because we are much more accustomed to hiding it.

Pedro

Pedro does bring up some good points, but being only one R off of Pedo …. discounts much of that

"ANYONE can have the American dream…but not EVERYONE can have the American dream"

"Looking for a fight, look a gypsy in the eye…"

June 30, 2007, 12:31 p.m.

You got your "facts" mixed up, I believe you meant to say….

"I find it interesting how everyone is ignoring a certain early twenties European writer. Shite, I can't recall his name. Basically he took the time and researched the problems and such of Aboriginals. He supposedly got blacklisted for it. Apparently based on his research roughly 70% of the problems the Aboriginals have only the Europeans to blame for. And the only way to resolve them is for the Aboriginals themselves to do it. And to stop waiting for Taxpayer hand outs."

I believe that is what the day of action is for. To raise awareness among Aboriginal people, to have a renewed sense of agency and volition, to realize that waiting for the governement to do something is a lost cause.

so screwing up the white man's long weekend tells the rest of the indians that they have to step the fuck up, pull their heads outta the bottle and get a job?
Oh, that makes sense.

Trucks and Guns.

June 30, 2007, 5:06 p.m.

^^^ both of you are preaching to the choir.. diabetic metis in the house.
it definitely is as rampant, and uncontrolled as much as the booze problems are.
but it is also fueled by a money issue on the reserves. it's cheaper to go to 7-11 and by a
99 cent slurpee than to go to the grocery store and buy a $3.99 carton of juice, or milk.

Maybe if they took advantage of that free edumacation they.. ahh fuck it. a vicious cycle, yada yada yada.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 30, 2007, 5:09 p.m.

there is a lake on the nisga highway called wash yer dick lake ,the raiding parties would stop there after a rousing good time of fighting and fucking to wash up before going home

I was going to ask what's going on with that Nisga area but figured it was slightly off topic.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

June 30, 2007, 5:37 p.m.

Just an additional note.

I don't wish to single out minorities as the only ones dealing with their social issues due their feeling like crap.

I also think that our modern consumerism is also a simple manifestation of how shitty society truly feels but no-one has the balls to face it. In stead, everyone burries themselves into their work working 60 hours a week so they can have their latest and greatest toy that is cool for about 5 seconds. It's much easer to disctract ones attention from real issues than to deal with them. Today's toys are an excellent tool of distraction in an attempt to isolate ourselves from our own feelings

In other words, our modern society is faced with the same challanges that the natives are, except our problems are not clearly as visible because we are much more accustomed to hiding it.

Pedro

Cheer down.

June 30, 2007, 5:52 p.m.

So I don't really want an iPhone, I want to stop drinking slurpees?

This space intentionally left blank.

June 30, 2007, 6:09 p.m.

I dont give a fuck. Every time i walk through a reservation I get beat up and jacked. Alot of them are nice and desrve better, but fuck divide the nice/sober ones with the CHUG/drunk fuckers before anything. All they ever do is blame the "white man" for absolutely everything.

:shhh:

June 30, 2007, 6:11 p.m.

I dont give a fuck. Every time i walk through a reservation I get beat up and jacked. .

thats weird. every time i hit my finger with a hammer it hurts

then one day someone said "hey numbnuts, don't hit your self in the finger with a hammer anymore!" My finger has been ok since

turn off sigs…it will change your life

June 30, 2007, 9:38 p.m.

thats weird. every time i hit my finger with a hammer it hurts

then one day someone said "hey numbnuts, don't hit your self in the finger with a hammer anymore!" My finger has been ok since

DUUUURR, i havent walked through a res since. Im glad the person who told you to stop hitting your self called you numbnuts. suits you.

:shhh:

June 30, 2007, 9:41 p.m.

DUUUURR, i havent walked through a res since. Im glad the person who told you to stop hitting your self called you numbnuts. suits you.

So how many times did you walk through reservations getting beaten up before you decided to stop doing it?

This space intentionally left blank.

June 30, 2007, 9:47 p.m.

Nope never meant to say that. But thanks for twisting and spinning it around to fit what goes on inside your head.

The book was published this year by an aboriginal about this. I saw an story in the Globe and Mail I think it was about it.

Hmm, I saw an article in the Globe and Mail too about how someone named Enduramil is a moron. I can't find the article, or provide a link to it or even come up with who wrote it, so it must be true.

"Just ass kicking that kicks ass that, while said ass is getting kicked, is kicking yet more ass that

June 30, 2007, 9:56 p.m.

Stop giving the First Nations money. Problem solved.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

June 30, 2007, 9:59 p.m.

Stop giving the First Nations money. Problem solved.

really, how is that? because by that logic we should stop giving money to EVERY sort of social assistance program and then ALL the problems will be solved.

June 30, 2007, 10:02 p.m.

really, how is that? because by that logic we should stop giving money to EVERY sort of social assistance program and then all the problems will be solved.

nevermind the first nations, stop giving greedy ballet dancers money.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 30, 2007, 10:02 p.m.

nevermind the first nations, stop giving greedy ballet dancers money.

Touche.

( i can't wait for the day Kaylee wants to start taking dance classes, lol.)