some folks have to much money

Jan. 8, 2009, 5:09 p.m.

i love shoes.
i have multiple pairs.
i'm just too broke to buy 5000 pairs. I would if i could, but there is more important things to spend money on.
joey has everything he needs. So why not cop every pair of shoes hes ever wanted?
whos to tell him not to? he likes shoes so what?
you mad cause hes made and buys what ever he wants to with his earned money?
Lame? Not so much.
addicted to new shoe smell? quite possible….

bad thing is with his weight and lifestyle he probably won't live 5000 days to wear all his kicks…

Jan. 8, 2009, 5:11 p.m.

bad thing is with his weight and lifestyle he probably won't live 5000 days to wear all his kicks…

YEAH!
"why hit joe with the iron? hes two big mac's away from dyin"
BANKS!

http://onlymtb.ca/
http://www.bikes.com
http://www.chromagbikes.com

Dnsm Dnsm Dnsm

Jan. 8, 2009, 8:03 p.m.

In this economy I say let him stupidly spend all his money on shoes.

Jan. 8, 2009, 8:09 p.m.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Dan

Thank you for laughing and then signing your name. It makes me laugh.

hahahaha

Poz

Jan. 9, 2009, 12:06 a.m.

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! that is golden!

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

Jan. 9, 2009, 3:10 a.m.

Good point!! He's spreading his wealth in retail :D Woohoo.. Better than tucking it away for his own self ah?

Vancouver is full of female students from Japan, Korea and China in their 20's.

It's awesome because:
1. They're already rich so they don't care if you have money or not.

2. They're on the road so they're much sluttier than they are at home.

3. They usually go back home after six months or so.

In China most of the girls are traditional so if you're gonna fuck em' you better marry 'em. If all you want to do sleep with asian girls Vancouver is the place to be.

Jan. 9, 2009, 7:34 a.m.

That dead stock he has is worth a fortune. If indeed half his shoes are dead stock (so 300 pairs) at ~$300 bucks each which is very conservative for some dead stock he has over $90000 sitting there.

Jan. 9, 2009, 9:48 a.m.

i love shoes.
i have multiple pairs.
i'm just too broke to buy 5000 pairs. I would if i could, but there is more important things to spend money on.
joey has everything he needs. So why not cop every pair of shoes hes ever wanted?
whos to tell him not to? he likes shoes so what?
you mad cause hes made and buys what ever he wants to with his earned money?
Lame? Not so much.
addicted to new shoe smell? quite possible….

You don't find anything offensive about over-the-top consumption? Travel the world a little and you may change your mind. When you see people who don't have enough to buy food for their kids - let along clothing or shelter - you may have a better idea of how obscene 5000 pairs of running shoes is. Particularly when they are bought by a guy who pretty clearly doesn't exercise.

Shopping isn't a sport or a hobby - it's more like a disease.

While dude paid for the shoes will he pay to replace the raw materials that went into them? What about the degradation of the land required to produce the plastic, rubber, nylon etc. in each shoe? Not to mention what happens to them once they become worn out.

Obviously there are things I buy and things I enjoy thinking about buying, but there is this idea that somehow these things will make you happy - and I'd argue they won't.

We can't go on consuming at this level forever. This train is going to hit a dead end eventually and while it may not happen in our lifetime it certainly could while our kids and grandkids are alive - and they will be left to pick up the pieces.

I think we need to get back to a time when things were built to last, were repairable and could be practically kept and used for generations (galactic prophylactic - anyone remember that?). Our grandparents valued what they had and took care of their possessions. They spent their money carefully and treasured what they had. Hopefully these economic times will bring some of that ethos back.

Let me know if anyone would like to borrow my galactic prophylactic.

Jan. 9, 2009, 10:23 a.m.

wimin collect shoes, men buy shoes and wear them, break them, then go buy another pair.

oh hai!

Jan. 9, 2009, 11:01 a.m.

well, if mtv says he has 5000 pair of shoes it must be true…

Jan. 9, 2009, 11:04 a.m.

it is not just mtv, i also saw it on the internet, so it is pretty solid

just waiting for his wikipedia page to be updated by lil_pink_cutie_87 and it will be fact

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Jan. 9, 2009, 11:33 a.m.

You don't find anything offensive about over-the-top consumption? Travel the world a little and you may change your mind. When you see people who don't have enough to buy food for their kids - let along clothing or shelter - you may have a better idea of how obscene 5000 pairs of running shoes is. Particularly when they are bought by a guy who pretty clearly doesn't exercise.

Shopping isn't a sport or a hobby - it's more like a disease.

While dude paid for the shoes will he pay to replace the raw materials that went into them? What about the degradation of the land required to produce the plastic, rubber, nylon etc. in each shoe? Not to mention what happens to them once they become worn out.

Obviously there are things I buy and things I enjoy thinking about buying, but there is this idea that somehow these things will make you happy - and I'd argue they won't.

We can't go on consuming at this level forever. This train is going to hit a dead end eventually and while it may not happen in our lifetime it certainly could while our kids and grandkids are alive - and they will be left to pick up the pieces.

I think we need to get back to a time when things were built to last, were repairable and could be practically kept and used for generations (galactic prophylactic - anyone remember that?). Our grandparents valued what they had and took care of their possessions. They spent their money carefully and treasured what they had. Hopefully these economic times will bring some of that ethos back.

Let me know if anyone would like to borrow my galactic prophylactic.

i always think back to india and the guys offering to give my sandals a shine

cam, your post makes a lot of sense, but in order to get your message out there you will need to write a book, market it heavy and have oprah recommend it, sorry dude

meh

Jan. 9, 2009, 12:14 p.m.

cam, your post makes a lot of sense, but in order to get your message out there you will need to write a book, market it heavy and have oprah recommend it, sorry dude

write book
?

profit

In this case we actually know what ? equals. ? = Oprah.

Jan. 9, 2009, 1:34 p.m.

Go home, greenpeace :lol: :lol: :lol:

The shoe shine kids in south america were determined to shine my teva's. At first I thought it was some kind of joke, but they were totally serious about it.

Jan. 9, 2009, 3:56 p.m.

Not to mention what happens to them once they become worn out.

how could he possibly wear out that many shoes? I wear my work shoes every day for at least a year before they're worn out.