Solo camping close to Van

Feb. 17, 2016, 1:37 p.m.

is there decent camping at that end? ive just been up by boat myself and it didn't look super good from the water.

We bike packed in during the heat wave last August, we didn't camp at the end of the inlet as we needed fresh water to cook dinner, breakfast and to ride out. All the creeks close to the end of the inlet were dry so we rode back in about 5km to get above tidal water so we could use Indian River water.

There is a camp site on the water there but I'm guessing it used to get a decent amount of use from Quad, motorcycle [HTML_REMOVED] 4x4 people based on garbage. Nice view.

We didn't ride up as far as the boat dock area as it was late and we still had to cook dinner and rehydrate.

My wife has pics of the trip on FB, I'll tag you on the album when I get home.

Edit: Road [HTML_REMOVED] area probably sees a lot more traffic since the road washouts were fixed in the fall.

Feb. 17, 2016, 4:31 p.m.

Good suggestions so far

You mentioned galiano - thats a good one too. Ferry over with a bike or car and camp down at dionesyioeys point for a couple nights.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 17, 2016, 11:06 p.m.

Good suggestions so far

You mentioned galiano - thats a good one too. Ferry over with a bike or car and camp down at dionesyioeys point for a couple nights.

ya dionisio would be ideal but i can't find any solid info on how to access it from land. sounds a bit convoluted… have you been?

Feb. 17, 2016, 11:40 p.m.

lulz

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 19, 2016, 10:18 a.m.

ya lulz indeed.

the easy land-based way to dionisio is to park on bodega beach rd where its gated and walk/pedal the last few km to the park. Or pedal there, which would be about 25km total to the park. The last few km are on a private road with some scary no trespassing signs but everyone ignores them.

locals know the trails in off devina too if you can sweet talk them a bit

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 19, 2016, 7:43 p.m.

perfect thanks! much appreciated. i think i'll try dionisio in april.