So,how do you feel about a 2 party system?

May 27, 2011, 8:17 p.m.

Herr Harper and Flaherty are phasing out the per vote subsidy.

Say goodbye to the green party and hello to a rekindled NDP/union partnership.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/05/25/pol-flaherty-budget.html

Pastor of Muppets

May 27, 2011, 8:36 p.m.

anyone who thinks that the per vote subsidy is a bad idea, is fucking stupid

May 27, 2011, 8:43 p.m.

The per vote subsidy was the only reason for a party such as the Bloc to exist. It caused the party leadership to lose touch with what the voters wanted, and the got their asses handed to them.

Free money makes a fella lazy.

Big labour goes together wit the NDP like rice and beans. (which is what we will be eating after a NDP majority and the corresponding tax hikes) Steve-o is the best thing to happen to Canada, since the railways.

Trolling……………..:bandit:

May 27, 2011, 8:51 p.m.

Trolling……………..:bandit:

well done

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

May 28, 2011, 6:34 a.m.

The truth of my post, based the actions of the Bloc,during and after the last election, is that the fact that they did not have to connect to the population to get the funding that they needed. The NDP totally capitalized by connecting with those voters.

Being opjective, I do believe that the Greens will still exist based on the new system, but any other party that is trying to establish itself in our country will have a really hard time. It will make it harder to get money to the parties.

I also think that the NDP will have to preform,in the eyes of their constituents, if they wish to maintain the gains in the next election. Over 70 of the NDP MP's are new and have a lot to lean about the crazy ways that federal politics work. I hope they can do it and O do not hold out hope that the Conservative party will give them a lot of time to get up to speed.

May 28, 2011, 7:03 a.m.

If parties could ONLY spend government money we'd be better off

May 28, 2011, 7:37 a.m.

I also think that the NDP will have to preform,in the eyes of their constituents, if they wish to maintain the gains in the next election.

They've already formed.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 28, 2011, 8:17 a.m.

Kenn, do you think realtors are against the 2 party system because of the extra tax they pay?

May 28, 2011, 11:04 a.m.

i agree

May 28, 2011, 11:14 a.m.

The truth of my post, based the actions of the Bloc,during and after the last election, is that the fact that they did not have to connect to the population to get the funding that they needed. The NDP totally capitalized by connecting with those voters.

Part of the reason the Bloc self destructed is pretty simple. That being since their creation they have endlessly yapped about seperation, distinc society, and so on. They failed to realize that at a certain point the voters will tire of listening to this and want more.

No different the the Liberals. They had the view that the people know what is good for them, we are the natural party of choice, and therefore we really don't have to sell ourselves.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 28, 2011, 1:35 p.m.

yes.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

May 28, 2011, 4:25 p.m.

the bloc was popular with older Quebecois but a newer younger set has grown up and seen the best and brightest leave Quebec as business deserted the province in droves for h'inglish speaking Canada

New Young Qubecers don't want a new country they want jobs and a strong Quebec so they don't have to leave

May 29, 2011, 11:26 p.m.

Holy crap!! It's the ghost of Tommy Douglas!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGB855SQ1A

Pastor of Muppets

May 30, 2011, 12:09 p.m.

Assuming that the conservatives lose the next election, I suspect that the per vote subsidy will be re-initiated.

I'm under the impression that all the other parties support the per vote concept and ~5 years is not long enough to change that party dogma.

Removing the per vote subsidy will basically hand a platform issue to the other parties under the larger heading of 'conservative abuse of the democratic system'. Actually… considering what it costs in $ and the political ammo it could give the other parties, this is a bad idea for the conservatives to follow through on for their chances to win next election (this assumes competent election campaigning from the other parties).

May 30, 2011, 6:41 p.m.

The Conservatives are now officially the party of the rich.