So tell me why Trump's Wall is such a bad idea?

Jan. 24, 2019, 11:25 a.m.

Posted by: JBV

from what i've read, it would have disastrous consequences on wildlife and many endangered species.  i don't know or really care about the immigration issue.

I don't know how I forgot about this, but it is much more important than stopping a dozen poor people from South America.

Jan. 25, 2019, 1:57 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

You realize most illegal aliens end up in Sanctuary Cities that actually prevent ICE from properly deporting them? Both citizens and lawmakers. Did you see what happened at an ICE office in Oregon I think?

And 3 corner hats? Lost me on that one.

What does this have to do with a wall?  You asked about the wall.

You typed something about "if deporting illegals is my true goal" and my reply was muchado about nuffin' apparently.

And why should we deport them when we shouldnt be allowing them in in the first place? Oh right, they walked across.

Jan. 25, 2019, 2:06 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: nouseforaname

Because building the wall does not change anything, neither the influx of people trying to escape failed states nor the fact that the wall does "bind" a lot of money to a project that does not make sense at all. It is not that there is no border, no great river or a very capable border patrol, you know.

A wall works for the Israelis? 

$6 Billion seems like a lot until you look at how much the US spends elsewhere.

So if a Border, river and capable border patrol do a good job, what could make a better job happen? 

Given the downsides of illegal immigration - the same downsides that every President before Trump has decried - why wouldn't you do something better?

A wall is NEVER working - and has never worked. Not once in history.

mmmhhhmmm... great wall of what meow?

Israeli wall 99.9% effective?

6 European countries have or are building walled border

Jan. 25, 2019, 2:10 a.m.

Either no one else grew up in a house with a fenced yard or people dont want to consider that angle.

Jan. 25, 2019, 4:02 a.m.

Either no one else grew up in a house with a fenced yard or people dont want to consider that angle.

The fenced yard wasn't for keeping people out, it was for keeping children and pets in.

Jan. 25, 2019, 8:46 a.m.

I didn't have a fence at my house, but we did have a 20 ft ladder.

Jan. 25, 2019, 12:55 p.m.

Posted by: switch

The fenced yard wasn't for keeping people out, it was for keeping children and pets in.

Perfect flip side. Could also keep pets out.

Think about it like this: When Shogun was 4-5 yrs old, my neighbors Terrier was put down for taking a 2x2 chunk out of my right ass cheek. That happened as my sis and I rode our bikes past their house. So if there was no fence, that lil dog would've been in the yard harassing me (until we would've got our husky choco lab - then no problems with other animals).

You guys ok with a moat?

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Jan. 25, 2019, 12:56 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 28, 2019, 2:27 a.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Because building the wall does not change anything, neither the influx of people trying to escape failed states nor the fact that the wall does "bind" a lot of money to a project that does not make sense at all. It is not that there is no border, no great river or a very capable border patrol, you know.

A wall works for the Israelis? 

$6 Billion seems like a lot until you look at how much the US spends elsewhere.

So if a Border, river and capable border patrol do a good job, what could make a better job happen? 

Given the downsides of illegal immigration - the same downsides that every President before Trump has decried - why wouldn't you do something better?

A wall is NEVER working - and has never worked. Not once in history.

If you saw me you'd be surprised at my long, deep sigh.

You are smart enough for the statement I brought up, I reckon. *shrug*

Jan. 28, 2019, 2:30 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Perfect flip side. Could also keep pets out.

Think about it like this: When Shogun was 4-5 yrs old, my neighbors Terrier was put down for taking a 2x2 chunk out of my right ass cheek. That happened as my sis and I rode our bikes past their house. So if there was no fence, that lil dog would've been in the yard harassing me (until we would've got our husky choco lab - then no problems with other animals).

You guys ok with a moat?

Makes for some awesome BMXing and jibbing.

Jan. 28, 2019, 1:16 p.m.

This isnt about how smrt we are.

Jan. 28, 2019, 1:44 p.m.

After six days, the two main reasons against a southern border wall are ladders and walls dont work. Number three is $5 billion doesnt complete the wall.

USA annually spends $150 billion on "illegals".

Jan. 29, 2019, 9:27 a.m.

But?

Seriously.....a wall has never worked. Life does not work like that. Kind of like water.

A wall has never helped keeping a status quo...not in China and not in Roman antiquity. In the long term it does ot work in Israel as well. And the Berlin Wall and the fence that went through Europe...well...history in the long run has a pretty effective way of not caring about walls.

So instead of trying to figure things out differently...let us all move back to nationalist times of a century ago. Instead of solving problems it is far easier to bury the head in the sand, this time behind a wall.

Last edited by: Mic on Jan. 29, 2019, 9:36 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 29, 2019, 2 p.m.

But?

Seriously.....a wall has never worked. Life does not work like that. Kind of like water.

A wall has never helped keeping a status quo...not in China and not in Roman antiquity. In the long term it does ot work in Israel as well. And the Berlin Wall and the fence that went through Europe...well...history in the long run has a pretty effective way of not caring about walls.

So instead of trying to figure things out differently...let us all move back to nationalist times of a century ago. Instead of solving problems it is far easier to bury the head in the sand, this time behind a wall.

I think you and most others are looking at it completely wrong. Trump is building the wall as the will of the people. This was an election pledge that you could argue won him the election. He has a mandate from the masses and the masses are the ones that agree with the NEED for a southern border wall. US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Agents also happen to agree with those voters on a need for a wall. And obviously the wall doesnt need to span the entire border coast to coast.

You want to figure this out differently? Change immigration laws and redefine certain things. If you or I were a repeat serious offender that's already been deported 3+ times, would you care about reoffending inside the US again if you just get thrown out but allowed back in? Why pay any admission fee when you can just walk around to the back? Is that how you run your house?

Jan. 29, 2019, 2:32 p.m.

54% of the 'masses' didnt vote for Trump.  Using your logic, that means more than half of the 'masses' dont want a wall.  Im not sure why wall supporters continue to ignore the fact that most 'illegals'/drugs/MS13 enter through legitimate ports of entry.  The visa over stayers are a much bigger problem than people crossing the southern border illegally.  Wasting time/money on a wall/barrier/slats will not change that.

Jan. 29, 2019, 4:01 p.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

54% of the 'masses' didnt vote for Trump. 

There's likely less than 30% who want a wall.  And of those 30%, if you ask them to cough up the money to pay for it, they'll all walk away.