So tell me why Trump's Wall is such a bad idea?

Jan. 23, 2019, 12:59 p.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Posted by: Mic

Because building the wall does not change anything, neither the influx of people trying to escape failed states nor the fact that the wall does "bind" a lot of money to a project that does not make sense at all. It is not that there is no border, no great river or a very capable border patrol, you know.

A wall works for the Israelis? 

And dont forget the EU Countries that still have their balls.

Jan. 23, 2019, 12:59 p.m.

Maybe they could spend the money on a group that commits much more crime than illegal aliens - their own citizens.

Jan. 23, 2019, 1:06 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Should I introduce some "illegal alien" criminal statistics? Whether you believe me or not, I think the goal is to reduce the overall economic impact illegal aliens have on the US economic and locals. Humans cant mule enough per human to keep with up demand. That much is certain. The already established wall is easily circumvented. Just watch them coming over on youtube. Some you see them just dropping kids by hand over the wall.

Also, are you implying the Dems are saying something related to their job (deficit)? If so, what is it other than a wall is expensive (but $5.7 billion isnt that much).

If you want you can go nuts on stats, but how does that dispute what I just said about the wall?  You are just making a case for cracking down on illegal immigrants, so you should be against the wall too since 5.7 billion in enforcement would be far more effective if deporting the criminals is your true goal.  The current wall is easily circumvented, but not as easy as just entering through the border which is why that is how they get in.  Choice A, walk from Tijuana into the US.  Choice B, cross a desert and dodge good ol' boys with AR-15s.  That is the reality.  

I am not implying anything.  I am saying Republicans are hypocrites.  After listening to their wailing about the deficit for 8 years I have to wonder why they are literally non-existent.  What happened to the 3 corner hats and the passion of the tea baggers that insisted they were not racists, just really concerned about the deficit.  Where the fuck did they go after voting for Trump?

Jan. 23, 2019, 1:21 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Should I introduce some "illegal alien" criminal statistics? Whether you believe me or not, I think the goal is to reduce the overall economic impact illegal aliens have on the US economic and locals. Humans cant mule enough per human to keep with up demand. That much is certain. The already established wall is easily circumvented. Just watch them coming over on youtube. Some you see them just dropping kids by hand over the wall.

Also, are you implying the Dems are saying something related to their job (deficit)? If so, what is it other than a wall is expensive (but $5.7 billion isnt that much).

If you want you can go nuts on stats, but how does that dispute what I just said about the wall?  You are just making a case for cracking down on illegal immigrants, so you should be against the wall too since 5.7 billion in enforcement would be far more effective if deporting the criminals is your true goal.  The current wall is easily circumvented, but not as easy as just entering through the border which is why that is how they get in.  Choice A, walk from Tijuana into the US.  Choice B, cross a desert and dodge good ol' boys with AR-15s.  That is the reality.  

I am not implying anything.  I am saying Republicans are hypocrites.  After listening to their wailing about the deficit for 8 years I have to wonder why they are literally non-existent.  What happened to the 3 corner hats and the passion of the tea baggers that insisted they were not racists, just really concerned about the deficit.  Where the fuck did they go after voting for Trump?

You realize most illegal aliens end up in Sanctuary Cities that actually prevent ICE from properly deporting them? Both citizens and lawmakers. Did you see what happened at an ICE office in Oregon I think?

And 3 corner hats? Lost me on that one.

Jan. 23, 2019, 8:09 p.m.

I didn't read the rest of the thread but basically Americans don't wanna pick their own vegetables. Good luck with the whole wall thing it will be an interesting experiment.

Jan. 23, 2019, 8:22 p.m.

Trump needs to follow Xi's lead.  Imagine how Great American Could Be.

Jan. 23, 2019, 8:27 p.m.

a lot of money for something that will not keep anyone out

Jan. 23, 2019, 8:27 p.m.

Question: Do you think there is one unifying political system that will work for all cultures of the earth? 

I don't. We should just do us and let them do them.

Jan. 23, 2019, 8:30 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Question: Do you think there is one unifying political system that will work for all cultures of the earth? 

I don't. We should just do us and let them do them.

If I were new here, I'd be asking if you were trolling.

When you see three children beating the shit of a single child, tell me, "Let them do them."

Jan. 23, 2019, 9:34 p.m.

How much money will be saved by paying $90,000,000,000?

Jan. 24, 2019, 12:49 a.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Posted by: Mic

Because building the wall does not change anything, neither the influx of people trying to escape failed states nor the fact that the wall does "bind" a lot of money to a project that does not make sense at all. It is not that there is no border, no great river or a very capable border patrol, you know.

A wall works for the Israelis? 

$6 Billion seems like a lot until you look at how much the US spends elsewhere.

So if a Border, river and capable border patrol do a good job, what could make a better job happen? 

Given the downsides of illegal immigration - the same downsides that every President before Trump has decried - why wouldn't you do something better?

A wall is NEVER working - and has never worked. Not once in history.

Jan. 24, 2019, 6:51 a.m.

the wall is a big piece of garnish that all his fucking moron followers can get behind as a simple 10 second soundbyte answer to a question most dont even understand.

Jan. 24, 2019, 9:07 a.m.

The 6 billion is only for a couple hundred miles. Trump and his followers are idiots.

Jan. 24, 2019, 10:19 a.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

The 6 billion is only for a couple hundred miles. Trump and his followers are idiots.

So are the Dems....

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/congressional-democrats-want-to-build-a-technological-wall-at-the-border-heres-why-thats-a-terrible-plan

Jan. 24, 2019, 11:23 a.m.

You realize most illegal aliens end up in Sanctuary Cities that actually prevent ICE from properly deporting them? Both citizens and lawmakers. Did you see what happened at an ICE office in Oregon I think?

And 3 corner hats? Lost me on that one.

What does this have to do with a wall?  You asked about the wall.