So if nots Ebola.. then what be it?

Oct. 1, 2014, 10:53 a.m.

Oct. 1, 2014, 12:25 p.m.

Oh sweet business as usual. Your sign forgot did you inhale a particle or get sneezed on or put your hand a railing type thing. Also, Ebola will stay in active in a man's sperm for 7 weeks after he's "cured".

Dr brantly thought he got it from putting his arm around someone. You also neglect the random super spreader. Tests positive, shows no signs but isa carrier. if you Google Ebola mamamba it come up with the story.

But ya, pretty memes mean nothing to worry about.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 1, 2014, 1:36 p.m.

Dont worry nsmb, they've released a timeline of sorts. At least a 50/50 chance he was ill on the flight over:

Mr. Duncan may have become infected after his landlord’s daughter fell gravely ill. On Sept 15, Mr. Duncan helped his landlord and his landlord’s son carry the stricken woman to the hospital, his neighbors and the woman’s parents said. She died the next day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/02/us/after-ebola-case-in-dallas-health-officials-seek-those-who-had-contact-with-patient.html?_r=1

This excerpt is clearly wrong:

Health officials in Dallas said Wednesday that they believed Mr. Duncan came in contact with at least 12 to 18 people when he was experiencing symptoms. So far, none has been confirmed infected. (yet they are monitoring a second person.

Why? Ebola onset in 2-21 days. Because of the people on the plane, people in the airport, his mode of transportation (taxi? bus?) home from the 20th, then 4 days of whatever he was doing, first ER visit on the 24th then back on the 26th where "he was vomiting during transport to the hospital".

10 days from helping his landlord and he's on the way out.

Its not airborne yet but it is aerosolized. If anyone thinks this isnt something to at least keep an eye on given the sheer number of unknown contacts he had in his 6 days, then ya, just keep reading and laughing.

Oct. 1, 2014, 1:42 p.m.

Dr brantly thought he got it from putting his arm around someone.

Hmmm … source please. He was working at a clinic treating Ebola victims - so all those wheezing, coughing, puking, bleeding people with Ebola in the hospital with contaminated sheets, bedpans, medical instruments and he catches it putting his arm around someone, somewhere, sometime? Who would have thunk it.

Oct. 1, 2014, 1:59 p.m.

Hmmm … source please. He was working at a clinic treating Ebola victims - so all those wheezing, coughing, puking, bleeding people with Ebola in the hospital with contaminated sheets, bedpans, medical instruments and he catches it putting his arm around someone, somewhere, sometime? Who would have thunk it.

I'll try to find it.

You forgot he was working in "third world conditions". But who would've thunk a Dr from the first world with all his knowledge and training would expose himself to "all those wheezing, coughing, puking, bleeding people with Ebola in the hospital with contaminated sheets, bedpans, medical instruments".

You imply he wasnt following protocol. I realize you're playing the odds game and thats what I'm doing with the Dallas case.

Dont look at treatment in NA, look at transport.

Previous worse outbreak was the Ugandan Outbreak, yes no? Only 450 or so died. I'm going to guess not many HCW in that outbreak also contracted but very early on with this one, they (HCW) were dropping. How many of the infected during previous outbreaks in Africa could access a bus or plane if they live in a real african village. This out break already has confirmed cases over 6,500 people in 3 countries in Africa with half of those dead. And as I've said in this thread, thats the known and documented cases.

Also, this "ebola" isnt like the others in presenting the typical tell tale bleeding from legions or orifices. Google image 2014 ebola dead vs other outbreaks.

Oct. 1, 2014, 2:06 p.m.

This was the super spreader story I was mentioned a few posts up:

The boy who tricked Ebola

Heres another rando thing you can google to. HIV medication cured 13/15 Ebola patients when an african dr as a last resort tried them.

Oct. 1, 2014, 2:24 p.m.

Read this with a big grain of salt:

Texas Ebola patient came from funeral in Liberia traveling to Brussels then to Dulles and finally to Dallas on his flights home.

Never read or heard of this site...

Oct. 1, 2014, 2:36 p.m.

Heres another rando thing you can google to. HIV medication cured 13/15 Ebola patients when an african dr as a last resort tried them.

The drug, Lamivudine is also a hepatitis treatment (it prevents viruses from multiplying), but hepatitis is uncool compared to HIV. Hep B has started to develop Lamivudine resistance

Oct. 1, 2014, 3:05 p.m.

Holy shit Shogun, do you actively search the internet for things to make you scared and unhappy?
Fuuuuuuck.

Oct. 1, 2014, 3:26 p.m.

Holy shit Shogun, do you actively search the internet for things to make you scared and unhappy?
Fuuuuuuck.

Just checked your (neg) reps?

I just read. Shoguns dont get scared. But, we dont like not knowing or being ignorant.

I prefer to know whats going on in the world. If that means I have to read all sorts of crazy crap online, sift through it, try to discern it and when posting or relaying information, dealing with short sighted borderline arrogant users of forums, so be it. Its sort of like Jules said in Pulp Fiction; if my answers frighten you Vincent, perhaps you should stop asking frightening questions.

As I've had to say many times lately, I believe in the possibility, good or bad. Plain and simple.

In regards to how bad this Ebola outbreak could be on the home front, we'll know in two to three weeks. Well, you guys will, I'll know well before it.

Oct. 1, 2014, 3:31 p.m.

While the rest of you sheeple believe Obama's appointees when they tell you to duck, cover, and everything will be alright, those willing to think might want to read this:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-01/how-bad-could-it-get-us-government-order-160000-hazmat-suits-gives-clue

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Oct. 1, 2014, 4:09 p.m.

Just checked your (neg) reps?

I just read. Shoguns dont get scared. But, we dont like not knowing or being ignorant.

I prefer to know whats going on in the world. If that means I have to read all sorts of crazy crap online, sift through it, try to discern it and when posting or relaying information, dealing with short sighted borderline arrogant users of forums, so be it. Its sort of like Jules said in Pulp Fiction; if my answers frighten you Vincent, perhaps you should stop asking frightening questions.

As I've had to say many times lately, I believe in the possibility, good or bad. Plain and simple.

In regards to how bad this Ebola outbreak could be on the home front, we'll know in two to three weeks. Well, you guys will, I'll know well before it.

Bollocks, you are playing into a paranoids delusion. If you were really worried about disease, then ebola, while interesting on the global scale, has no relevance on the local front. But it's more sensational than the flu, diabetes, heart disease etc.

Oct. 1, 2014, 4:46 p.m.

Bollocks, you are playing into a paranoids delusion. If you were really worried about disease, then ebola, while interesting on the global scale, has no relevance on the local front. But it's more sensational than the flu, diabetes, heart disease etc.

So fucking glad you brought up non BSL 4 (bio security level) pathogens or diseases. Does the flu shut down whole floors of a hospital to treat minimal case loads? No, we're so used to it, Advil has a brand specifically for the fucking flu. Sure it kills a lot of people (the weak and meak usually) but not in the manner or form that Ebola does.

I'll say this for paranoid delusion though: if Ebola takes off in the US, you can expect Martial Law to be implemented. Which then begs the question if that wasnt the intention all along. Why dont you read up on Dr. Pianki and how he calls for a 95% reduction in the worlds population through, you guessed it, airborne Ebola (and he received a standing ovation). I obviously could keep going on the paranoid tinfoil diet side of things but why fucking bother.

They always said Ebola is just a plane ride away. And guess what, they're still allowing flights into and out of the hot zones FIVE months after this outbreak began.

You really need to do your own research on this as whatever I choose to say, you'll just ignore or down play because of your arrogance.

edit: While Dallas isnt local, thats as local as I want this. If you think an infectious person walking around for 4-6 days in a densely populated area with an international airport hub as a backdrop isnt a small cause for concern, then sir, you're a better person than me I spose. And another paranoid delusion here: imagine if he didnt contract Ebola from anyone, he got it on ONE of his four flights, as in an infected plane? Does that change the picture you might see at all?

Oct. 1, 2014, 5:14 p.m.

The drug, Lamivudine is also a hepatitis treatment (it prevents viruses from multiplying), but hepatitis is uncool compared to HIV. Hep B has started to develop Lamivudine resistance

True, HIVs so cool patients can't even get a fever. Oooooooh

The Dr in the link/story I read went on to say Ebola is the brainchild of hiv and of course, is a US bioweapon.

Oct. 1, 2014, 5:43 p.m.

While the rest of you sheeple believe Obama's appointees[…]

Did you know Reagan issued an executive order that has given the NSA carte blanche access to spy on its own citizens to this very day? Super cool stuff.

It's almost like the Democrats and the Republicans are the same thing.