So if nots Ebola.. then what be it?

March 28, 2014, 8:54 p.m.

Yeah, but it could mutate into something with a longer incubation period, keeping its hosts alive long enough to make it highly contagious while being asymptomatic. That's how pathogens dress for success. The rules of evolution/natural selection would push it in that direction, or make it less deadly.

Yes, it could become just the right amount of virulent. Possible, yes. Probable, no.

the teh

March 29, 2014, 1:11 a.m.

Yeah, but it could mutate into something with a longer incubation period, keeping its hosts alive long enough to make it highly contagious while being asymptomatic. That's how pathogens dress for success. The rules of evolution/natural selection would push it in that direction, or make it less deadly.

What the.. has replying to all my posts some how infected you with the fringe? ;)

Or are you following this and noticing its spreading in what seems to be H2H way despite it still being Ebola in some cases and not one of the HF types in others?

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Aug. 1, 2014, 4:04 a.m.

Nigeria Tracking 30,000 People at Risk of Contracting Ebola

One man, 30,000 people.

Also, Dr. Brantly and his nurse who contracted Ebola have been flown back to Emory Uni. in Atlanta for treatment. His wife and kids flew over to visit him last week and have since returned to Texas. Reportedly in a hide and seek type fashion.

And I'll post this awesome map:

Check yer DOOOOOM: RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service

Aug. 1, 2014, 11:35 a.m.

So it begins at home……

Also, Dr. Brantly and his nurse who contracted Ebola have been flown back to Emory Uni. in Atlanta for treatment. His wife and kids flew over to visit him last week and have since returned to Texas.

"A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."

Audubon magazine, interview with Ted Turner, 1996

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 1, 2014, 11:41 a.m.

"… While arguing for reducing global population growth by 500 million people by the year 2000, Kissinger noted elsewhere in his report that the population problem was already causing 10 million deaths yearly. In short he advocated doubling the death rate to at least 20 million, in the name of addressing the problem of deaths due to lack of sufficient food. The public would be led to believe that the new policy, at least what would be made public, was a positive one.

Kissinger went on to suggest the kinds of coercive measures the US policy elite now envisioned. He bluntly stated that food aid should be considered, "an instrument of national power." Then, in a stark comment, he suggested the US would ration its food aid to "help people who can't or won't control their population growth. Sterilize or starve …"

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 1, 2014, 12:03 p.m.

Scary stuff if you think about what could happen.

I am reading Dan Brown's book called Inferno right now which has a similar feel to it. A scientist thinking the demand on the worlds resources are getting too large and sets about to greatly reduce the strain on the world caused by a destructive virus known as humans. Good times.

Aug. 1, 2014, 12:17 p.m.

It is nasty. If this thing takes off here I am going to live at my cabin full time.

Aug. 1, 2014, 12:22 p.m.

I hear you can clear it up with a little tea tree oil.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 1, 2014, 12:24 p.m.

I hear you can clear it up with a little tea tree oil.

:lol: Maybe some lavender spray for calming and a jade necklace. Stuff big pharma doesn't want us to know.

Aug. 1, 2014, 2:44 p.m.

Scary stuff if you think about what could happen.

I am reading Dan Brown's book called Inferno right now which has a similar feel to it. A scientist thinking the demand on the worlds resources are getting too large and sets about to greatly reduce the strain on the world caused by a destructive virus known as humans. Good times.

Should look at the book called the hot zone. If you're interested I'll find a link from 2005ish where a scientist of some sort openly said airborne Ebola is needed to cull 95% of us. And given that doctors in full bio suits are contracting it, ima say it is airborne.

Aug. 1, 2014, 3:58 p.m.

"First," Chan said, "this outbreak is moving faster than our efforts to control it. If the situation continues to deteriorate, the consequences can be catastrophic in terms of lost lives but also severe socioeconomic disruption and a high risk of spread to other countries. As I said before, this meeting must mark a turning point in the outbreak response".

Additionally, she added, "the outbreak is affecting a large number of doctors, nurses, and other health care workers, one of the most essential resources for containing an outbreak. To date, more than 60 health care workers have lost their lives in helping others."

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2014/08/01/who-says-ebola-outbreak-spreading-faster-our-efforts-control-it

RUN IN CIRCLES! WAVE HANDS IN AIR! :eek: :scream: :drool: =/ :dead:

Aug. 2, 2014, 7:56 p.m.

The fact that a person in a hazmat suit got the disease is not entirely surprising given the conditions they are working in. If you are dealing with the sickest people, they are also sickest because they have the highest viral load. So your clothing can be heavily contaminated. If conditions are such so that decontamination is difficult, it is no surprise that a health care worker would be infected.
I don't think ebola is the next plague. Given that many bacteria are now resistant to all known antibiotics, all you need is a good case of food borne illness to wipe out a significant portion of the population. Its only a matter of time.

Aug. 2, 2014, 8:14 p.m.

What if it's only airborne through mosquitoes and the Drs aren't contracting through the suits.

Aug. 2, 2014, 8:19 p.m.

What if the dead come back to life and bite everyone?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 2, 2014, 8:39 p.m.

I don't think ebola is the next plague. Given that many bacteria are now resistant to all known antibiotics, all you need is a good case of food borne illness to wipe out a significant portion of the population. Its only a matter of time.

Is that why you live on a mountain?