So I hate buying vehicles but...

April 21, 2016, 11:58 p.m.

Is that Jonker? I purchased my used Ridgleine there.

Very long story but I regret giving them my business.

April 22, 2016, 10:01 a.m.

I just went through this with my wife's car. we ended up buying a new car in Kelowna instead and got a much better deal and twice as much for our trade in.

Markups are different between Zee Germans and the Americans too.

Find a car you like, figure out how much you are willing to pay for it then get a bank draft in that amount.

Try and buy at the end of the month, end of the quarter if possible. Show them the bank draft and tell them what you want and that you aren't going to pay for the tire-cleaning, the seat fluffing, the freight or any of that shit.

When they say no, give them your number and tell them you're off to the next dealer but the offer still stands.

It works.

These are the key. Walk away, but make sure they have your number. We just finished buying a new car for my girlfriend, and we weren't 100 yards from the lot when they called and offered us the price we asked for on a rig 2 model years newer. He happened to have a bunch of them he bought as a group that had a higher markup than the rig we were looking at.

A lot of people don't think of driving out of town, but if it means saving $3-5k, and it costs you $200 to make a quick 1 night trip to the interior, why the hell not?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

April 22, 2016, 1:52 p.m.

That is awesome.

Money well spent.

April 22, 2016, 2:37 p.m.

That is awesome.

Money well spent.

Given how easy it is to sue/get sued in the USA I'm surprised this person had the balls to do this… Couldn't the car dealership sue this person for defamation?

April 22, 2016, 3:19 p.m.

Given how easy it is to sue/get sued in the USA I'm surprised this person had the balls to do this… Couldn't the car dealership sue this person for defamation?

Im quite sure that doesnt fit the definition of defamation, libel or slander. He is simply voicing his own regret at purchasing a vehicle from that dealership. The insuation is definitely there, but not sure you could sue him for it.

April 22, 2016, 3:32 p.m.

Not a chance. It's only defamation if it isn't true. If the owner regrets the purchase, then the statement is true, therefore not defamation. Going through the effort and expense to do that would be a pretty solid defense in court that there were actual regrets.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 22, 2016, 3:44 p.m.

Not a chance. It's only defamation if it isn't true. If the owner regrets the purchase, then the statement is true, therefore not defamation. Going through the effort and expense to do that would be a pretty solid defense in court that there were actual regrets.

So you're saying that as long as you articulate it in a clever way, you can basically walk around with a sign that says "DONT SHOP AT _ BUSINESS"?

April 22, 2016, 7:03 p.m.

I'm saying that … as long as you articulate it in a way that can't be challenged as being untrue.

If you say "John Doe has a small dick", the truth of that statement could be challenged by simple comparison against average dick sizes.

If you say "I was unsatisfied with the size of John Doe's dick", that is your opinion. Who can challenge the truth of your opinion?

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 22, 2016, 7:34 p.m.

That is awesome.

Money well spent.

I seem to remember that a guy did something similar in Vancouver by parking outside the dealership everyday for a while. The dealership couldn't do any thing as the guy did everything legit and even made sure to get up early to secure the parking spot and plug the meter on time every time. A lot of work on the guys part so I guess he was REALLY unsatisfied with the dealership.

I'm the best at being modest !

April 23, 2016, 10:04 p.m.

another brutal experience today

After telling a salesman where the difference needed to be on a deal he told me that his business manager doesn't like to be told what the number should be. I guess I'm supposed to just take whatever they gave me. So that didn't work out.

Another business manager tell me that I needed to subtract $10k from the minimum black book value for my truck because apparently my truck was deeply discounted when it was new. I must admit, I just sat there with a blank look on my face.

I'm pretty much done.This experience has completely put me off buying anything, I'll just keep what I have. I'd rather have a proctology exam from edward scissorhands than walk into another dealership.

April 23, 2016, 10:28 p.m.

I'm pretty much done.This experience has completely put me off buying anything, I'll just keep what I have. I'd rather have a proctology exam from edward scissorhands than walk into another dealership.

Gold! You will be better off not buying anything new anyways.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

April 23, 2016, 10:35 p.m.

After telling a salesman where the difference needed to be on a deal he told me that his business manager doesn't like to be told what the number should be. I guess I'm supposed to just take whatever they gave me. So that didn't work out.

Another business manager tell me that I needed to subtract $10k from the minimum black book value for my truck because apparently my truck was deeply discounted when it was new. I must admit, I just sat there with a blank look on my face.

Protip. If you want to buy a new truck or car head to Alberta or Central BC.

I've been thinking about a new truck and some dealerships want to give me what I want for my existing truck,buy my credit card balance AND pull almost 20 grand off msrp of what I have been looking for.

They keep coming up with "almost" the right truck though.

Pastor of Muppets

April 23, 2016, 11:53 p.m.

I'd rather have a proctology exam from edward scissorhands than walk into another dealership.

:lol:

What type of vehicle are you looking for?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 24, 2016, 12:14 a.m.

:lol:

What type of vehicle are you looking for?

Been looking at VW Touareg, Acura MDX, Infinity JX35. 2011+ model years

Briefly looked at Mercedes ML350, but poor reliability stories scared me off.

April 24, 2016, 12:30 a.m.

You'll probably get a better deal on the island.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells