So I hate buying vehicles but...

April 24, 2016, 12:43 a.m.

I'm discovering part of the problem is my truck being a 2010 model year with 120,000km while average mileage for the year it's a bit too old for what new car dealers are looking to sell on their lots. So they look to sell to a wholesaler. Of course they want to make a few thousand before passing it off. So while I'm looking for wholesale value, they want to give me a few thousand under so they can sell at wholesale, so the wholesale guy can sell at retail.

I may try to sell privately and see how that goes, but I'm almost certain it will be more painful than dealing with the arrogant pricks I'm dealing with now.

April 24, 2016, 1:09 a.m.

About a year ago a friend in Squamish traded in an older 2007 GM truck for a 2012. He reserved a different truck at the Nanaimo GM dealership, but when he went there to pick up the truck the dealership said they just got a newer vehicle in on a trade. He went with the newer truck and said they have him a lot better price difference than he expected.

Private sale is typically better for getting more for your vehicle. A out of dealerships in the lower mainland only want to take in newer and low mileage vehicles. Outside of the lower mainland, they seem to be able to move older vehicles.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 24, 2016, 9:41 a.m.

Look at selling your used car in the states if you can, i mean if there's a market for your vehicle. Just sold my used car this week to someone that flew from Socal to buy it, the exchange rate right now is sometimes worth it for them (and for us too). I actually sold mine for more than i bought it for 10 years ago and putting 75 000km on it, a bit of a niche market tho