so how do you know...

April 8, 2009, 1:18 p.m.

Wow, that was truly a classic in the making.

hehehe, i kind of got ahead of myself there. In no way did i necessarily agree with the alleged grey Orange bike owners alleged actions. But having over 150 days in rehab i tend to be a little passionate about the topic. I have heard and seen it all.

I am grateful to be alive and living a life 1000x better than before and try to give back in anyway i can.

As mentioned the effects of physical addiction can be overcome quite quickly depending on substance and amount used(1-2weeks) Brain chemistry can take up to a year to return to normal.

The trick is finding it within yourself to provide that sense of ease and comfort and not having to rely on a substance to get that ahhhhhhh comfortable feeling.

I started out with only a few drinks a night but it was never the taste i was after, though i liked that too.

I thinks thats cool you put it out there OP, only you can decide if its becoming a problem or not. I justified my drinking for 20 years, and i didn't actually admit i had a problem till i was facing homelessness. The wife,good friends, the house, the cars, toys were already long gone.

Anyway thats my experience.

Life is great….lets ride!

April 8, 2009, 4:11 p.m.

what if you only binge drink on days that end in y?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 8, 2009, 4:25 p.m.

what if you only binge drink on days that end in y?

but sunday is a holy day

April 8, 2009, 4:29 p.m.

but sunday is a holy day

hello? Communion rite??

beer and nachos could be the new blood and body of christ!!

(I'm soooo going to hell for this, aren't I?)

Loud Hubs Save Lives

April 8, 2009, 4:51 p.m.

only drink after noon……its got to be noon somewere

April 8, 2009, 5:07 p.m.

I'm curious

wat?

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

April 8, 2009, 5:08 p.m.

but sunday is a holy day

holy day = 2 y's

you drink twice as much

April 8, 2009, 5:17 p.m.

hello? Communion rite??

beer and nachos could be the new blood and body of christ!!

(I'm soooo going to hell for this, aren't I?)

i once had a drink with the priest after he did the midnight mass … he said he made it a policy to never drink alone

EE's hubby was a pro ball player so I am sure he has seen his share of alcoholics

April 8, 2009, 5:26 p.m.

holy day = 2 y's

you drink twice as much

this = so much win

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 8, 2009, 6:03 p.m.

just tell him either you stay in and sip wine or you go out and chug cock.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

April 8, 2009, 6:14 p.m.

just tell him either you stay in and sip wine or you go out and chug cock.

Is this code for "get banned now"?

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 8, 2009, 6:34 p.m.

Hmmm. He cares about you and obviously sees that the drinking is a problem. Maybe you should talk to him about it instead of NSMB.

well said

but if you're going to have to get another username if you're going to start posting all smart-like.

April 8, 2009, 6:44 p.m.

Hmmm. He cares about you and obviously sees that the drinking is a problem. Maybe you should talk to him about it instead of NSMB.

i think geoffg wants a husband for his problems.

April 8, 2009, 8:29 p.m.

So this is what you do. For one week you pick some nights where you have a glass of wine rip you hubbies cloths off and screw him side ways till he has trouble walking the next morning and some nights you don't have a glass of wine, sit there and read and go to bed early with no hanky panky then see if he still complains about your glass of wine in the evenings.

I'm the best at being modest !

April 8, 2009, 8:59 p.m.

EE - why doesn't your husband have a drink with you? a glass of wine in the evening is supposed to be a good thing (look at all those healthy parisians :P). sounds like his perception of you is the problem, not your drinking. that being said…if it makes your relationship healthier try having a cup of tea after dinner and leave the wine for the weekend.

i have a drink in the evening because it helps me sleep (i have chronic pain atm) and also likely because i'm lonely/bored/fill in the blank. but there's no one around to complain (i dont drink in front of my kids) so at this point it's not an issue.

The Parisians have a great life. I might not come home.

EE- as its been said. if its affecting your life, then its time to really think about what you are doing. Maybe sit down and just talk to him about it, so its all out there. heathy discussion is a good thing.

For a while, i drank like a fish. then i just stopped. now i go out every now and again, and end up as the dd for the night. a drink or two here and there, but i tell ya what, every now its fun to cut loose.

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::