So Elon bought the twitter....

April 26, 2022, 5:43 p.m.

Dorsey is in Musk's side.  What more does anyone need to know.

April 26, 2022, 5:47 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I think Elon bought Twitter for what he feels is free speech but also because it's the most baller rich guy thing you could possibly do.  Trump whines about being banned while a real rich dude just buys it.  He is establishing alpha dominance over other billionaires.

Elon even has the much more manly last name.

April 27, 2022, 6:21 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

1st amendment rights in America are different than 1st amendment rights in Canada

An interesting 1st Amendment (US Versions) quiz...

https://newslit.org/tips-tools/first-amendment-quiz/

April 27, 2022, 10:16 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

I think it might be more than just Manitoba

https://scholarship.law.duke.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4120&context=lcp

That is an article about free speech rights in Canada vs US, but misses my point entirely.

It could be cuz i didn't read it I just seen that it had 30 pages with the right sounding words in the title so throw it up and see what happens

Last edited by: XXX_er on April 27, 2022, 10:18 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 27, 2022, 10:31 a.m.

i didn't read it I just seen that it had 30 pages with the right sounding words in the title so throw it up and see what happens

Thanks Shogun.

April 27, 2022, 10:38 a.m.

exactly ^^ 

what a shit show this thread  was promising to be a subject where the freedom types quote amendment rights for the wrong country and atempt to over thro the government with their truck horns

poor old gun has had his shtick altered by NBR notice  he acts like an asshole much less often

April 27, 2022, 11:11 a.m.

exactly ^^ 

what a shit show this thread  was promising to be a subject where the freedom types quote amendment rights for the wrong country and atempt to over thro the government with their truck horns

poor old gun has had his shtick altered by NBR notice  he acts like an asshole much less often

Uhh...i was just wondering what my peers thought about the suggestion that Musk bought twitter under the guise of protection freedom of speech. No truck horns required. 

You seem to have taken a wrong turn somewhere, maybe in Gimli.

April 27, 2022, 1:35 p.m.

Posted by: switch

Yeah, there's the problem. Those celebrating the most about Musk's "free speech" plan for Twitter all seem to be some of the most vile people in the US political landscape. Tucker Carlson, Caitlin Jenner, Gym Jordan ... etc etc etc.

That doesn't bode well.

April 27, 2022, 1:42 p.m.

At least like the old days, we can still change the channel. Does anyone here even use twitter? I thought that was for the kids.

April 27, 2022, 1:44 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

At least like the old days, we can still change the channel. Does anyone here even use twitter? I thought that was for the kids.

Says the guy who uses tik-tok

April 27, 2022, 1:48 p.m.

I don't think kids use it either.  I think the news media created it's success and keep it alive for the free "news".  They love to pretend it's a mirror of the real world and not a moron megaphone.

April 27, 2022, 1:50 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Says the guy who uses tik-tok

Tik tok is fire bro....and people link shit from there to me, which i spam you with.

Correction. Apparently its drip.

Last edited by: three-sheets on April 27, 2022, 1:51 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 27, 2022, 5:17 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Posted by: switch

Yeah, there's the problem. Those celebrating the most about Musk's "free speech" plan for Twitter all seem to be some of the most vile people in the US political landscape. Tucker Carlson, Caitlin Jenner, Gym Jordan ... etc etc etc.

That doesn't bode well.

Don't forget the Russian troll farms. They're definitely happy about this too. Gonna be game on again in the memewar of fake shit people will believe without questioning as long as it allows them to be contrarian against the mainstream narrative in some way.

April 27, 2022, 8:25 p.m.

Unchecked propaganda echo chambers have never caused any damage.

April 27, 2022, 9:56 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

It'll be interesting to see how everyone reacts to "free speech" (which we dont have here on the nbr anymores). 

Define free speech.

I'd define it as: The freedom to say what you like without fear of reprisal; regardless of a person(s) orientation or hyprocrisy of it (you cant say that b/c I'm "xxx" but I can say and do whatever I like b/c I am "xxx" so na na).

And yes, that includes the dreaded hate speech and I'll even just allude to those "deniers" as well. Everyone has a right to it, even if or especially if you dont like it.  I know you all will have a hard time believing this but I'm a pretty indifferent mofo when it comes down to it. That's probably one reason why I'm still posting here.