So, been thinking of a career change

Dec. 28, 2007, 5:18 a.m.

I just read yesterday that the federal gov. is gonna be hiring 3000 new asshats this year…fire off a resume!

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 28, 2007, 9:22 a.m.

I just read yesterday that the federal gov. is gonna be hiring 3000 new asshats this year…fire off a resume!

Cool - I could be an asshat for gov't wages and benefits.

Dec. 28, 2007, 10:42 a.m.

Cool - I could be an asshat for gov't wages and benefits.

you might not get hired as you're overqualified.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 28, 2007, 11:08 a.m.

become and instrument tech in the industrial field. we pay our guys 36 an hour and 500 a week per diem…

check this place out for wages and jobs

http://roadtechs.com/

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Dec. 28, 2007, 11:19 a.m.

become and instrument tech in the industrial field. we pay our guys 36 an hour and 500 a week per diem…

check this place out for wages and jobs

http://roadtechs.com/

Wow nice pay. I'm also guessing a lot of years of schooling for that.

Dec. 28, 2007, 11:23 a.m.

Wow nice pay. I'm also guessing a lot of years of schooling for that.

on the job training for the most part. i think that you can do a 2 year tech school thing for it.

if you like computers andshit like that maybe check out learning how to use primavera. Construction schedulers make a shit load of money too.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Dec. 28, 2007, 11:30 a.m.

on the job training for the most part. i think that you can do a 2 year tech school thing for it.

if you like computers andshit like that maybe check out learning how to use primavera. Construction schedulers make a shit load of money too.

Hmmm this intrigues me. I wonder if it's different training in Canada vs the US though. Have to check into this stuff.

Thanks Jake.

Dec. 28, 2007, 11:54 a.m.

I hate looking for work.

I take pictures with a camera

Dec. 28, 2007, noon

I hate looking for work.

Only ever had to do it once in my life when I was 18, so not enjoying it either. I stuill have work but definitely looking at moving on.

Looking thru all the job opportunities for trades right now, I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not having done this 20 years ago.

Dec. 28, 2007, 12:21 p.m.

Only ever had to do it once in my life when I was 18, so not enjoying it either. I stuill have work but definitely looking at moving on.

Looking thru all the job opportunities for trades right now, I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not having done this 20 years ago.

One thing I learned long ago. No matter what job you have and how much you love it. Always check the employment websites and such. You never know when things will change.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 28, 2007, 12:24 p.m.

One thing I learned long ago. No matter what job you have and how much you love it. Always check the employment websites and such. You never know when things will change.

Yup, guilty as charged of being complacent (sp?)

I don't mind being someone's bitch for a year to get into a trade, just have to find the right opportunity.

Dec. 28, 2007, 12:59 p.m.

Yup, guilty as charged of being complacent (sp?)

I don't mind being someone's bitch for a year to get into a trade, just have to find the right opportunity.

I think Gearwhore is hiring for an office bitch as we speak.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 28, 2007, 1:40 p.m.

I think Gearwhore is hiring for an office bitch as we speak.

Gah!! Hey there's nothing wrong with being the bitch for a hard working tradesperson - but for a realtor?!?!?!?

Dec. 28, 2007, 9:02 p.m.

Heat…I don't know much about trades and resumes, but I have seen a lot of really poor resumes. Maybe it was just Whistler, but I definitely recommend spending enough time making yours good, because a lot of them out there really suck.

Since you haven't looked for work in a while, it'll take longer than you think to get it all set up. And don't use coloured paper.

Dec. 28, 2007, 9:13 p.m.

Heat…I don't know much about trades and resumes, but I have seen a lot of really poor resumes. Maybe it was just Whistler, but I definitely recommend spending enough time making yours good, because a lot of them out there really suck.

Since you haven't looked for work in a while, it'll take longer than you think to get it all set up. And don't use coloured paper.

Oh ya I know, and I know that I suck at writing resumes. Luckily a friend of mine looks at them all day long as well so already sent him a 1st draft for tweaking.

Good info though - writing a good resume is tough, made even tougher by the fact that it's subjective based on the reader.