So, been thinking of a career change

Dec. 24, 2007, 1:40 p.m.

dave's probably got a used pair you can have

I'm sure any of his old pairs will be completely worn out - and tear stained.

Dec. 24, 2007, 2:11 p.m.

Plummer dude. Many different fields within seperate trades themselves. You can take the commercial approach, construction, pipe fittin oil fields, household.

The same gos for any other trade….. Office buildings need the same treatment houses get when they are getting built up.

Go to the next BCIT career fare if your actually serious.

Dec. 24, 2007, 2:18 p.m.

I'm definitely serious. I'll check it out and see what piques my interest.

Dec. 24, 2007, 4:56 p.m.

Boiler makers make alot of money, says the internet.

Yyou should talk to the people at your work to resolve the problem first IMO.

oh hai!

Dec. 24, 2007, 4:58 p.m.

i vote you go postal

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 24, 2007, 5:10 p.m.

Courtesy of Ninja

Dec. 24, 2007, 5:21 p.m.

drywall taping is in doors it pays well and it's not that hard I just suggest wearing a mask when it comes time for sanding.

Sorry, but that has got to be the worst career suggestion I've heard in a while.
I hung/taped drywall for almost 2 years after Hurricane Iniki wiped us out. Never
again, lots of lifting (38 is close to my 42 and lifting gets harder exponentially),
the dust is horrible, and you spend a lot of time looking up (bad on the neck).
Drywall would be my last career choice.

I'm in the same boat as you in a way. I work on the ocean which I love, but too
much sun has taken it's toll. I'm moving to Canadia soon so I've been considering
my options as well.

Getting yelled at on your day off and being made fun of at work because you're
overweight is wrong. I'm in trouble for telling our mechanic to "fuck off" after
17 days straight of haulout and him being a little bitch the whole way.
You shouldn't have to be treated like that.

Good luck to you.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 26, 2007, 4:37 p.m.

Problem being there's 10 people in the company and the guy that ripped me a new one is the owner. There's no where to go from there but leave - or go postal as Synchro suggested (not a bad idea)

Thx for the long Mr Fungle !

Dec. 26, 2007, 6:02 p.m.

I am betting if you threatened to leave buddy is fucked ?

Dec. 26, 2007, 6:05 p.m.

I am betting if you threatened to leave buddy is fucked ?

Sorry edited that last post. 10 peeps in company not 0. Homnstly it doesn't matter, I ust want out so I'll take my time and find somethig I want to do 1st then quit.

Electical seems to be real popular, not sure if it's for me. There's a few other options I'm looking into, hydro is at the top of the list right now.

Dec. 26, 2007, 8:29 p.m.

Threats of violence in an email? Your boss is an idiot since you have it documented now. Blackmail his ass! It's gets faster results than suing.

Dec. 27, 2007, 5:12 a.m.

OK,so you didnt like the animal husbandry idea…..financial planners and money managers seem to be doing well these days….myself and almost everyone I know pay for their services.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 27, 2007, 9:21 a.m.

OK,so you didnt like the animal husbandry idea…..financial planners and money managers seem to be doing well these days….myself and almost everyone I know pay for their services.

Nah animal sex is more of a hobby for me than a career :D

Financial planning again requires years of schooling 1st. Note to the younger crowd - go to school when you can or you may find yourself in a crappy position like myself :lol:

Dec. 27, 2007, 2:01 p.m.

Why don't you try a placement agency? I'm sure they would have you into a new job in no time. If you do some temp work first, then you can get a lot of insight into other workplace before choosing to sign on.

There is absolutely no good reason to stay in a job that serves up abuse, especially since its an employees market right now.

Goin' Down?

Dec. 27, 2007, 2:35 p.m.

Yup, that's part of the plan PCH. Gotta take the 1st 4 months or so and do some research, get back in shape (ya I enjoy being a sloth - and no please no crossfit), and hit up some recruiters as well as some unions. My dad was a union man most of his life so I have a fair number of references for some of them, if that's something I want to do.