So, been thinking of a career change

Dec. 23, 2007, 9:38 p.m.

ya drywall is something that you need to do an apprenticeship much like an electrician but I know on the island they are dying for people it should be easy to get a drywall job anywhere in BC

Dec. 23, 2007, 10:29 p.m.

Have youever considered a career in the exciting field of animal husbandry?:cow:

splinky was sure embarrased when he showed up in a tux with a gift wrapped wedding ring

turn off sigs…it will change your life

Dec. 23, 2007, 10:45 p.m.

Wow 3 pages and it's actually not badly derailed.

Lots of excellent advice, plus the usual filler of course.

Lurch, unfortunately I just moved to Langley(heard it's improved since Moose left) so no where near Lafarge anymore.

I won't be jumping jobs immediately, I'm going to take a few months and hopefully make the right decision. But long term I'm definitely gone from here in 6-8 months max, hopefully way before then. But I may have to take a few courses to get into the field I choose so it might take a few more months.

Thanks for the advice so far, keep it coming.

Dec. 24, 2007, 1:04 a.m.

ya drywall is something that you need to do an apprenticeship much like an electrician but I know on the island they are dying for people it should be easy to get a drywall job anywhere in BC

HAHA drywall and apprenticeship. i hope you're not serious.

Ridemonkey Forums turning into the new Pinkbike?

Dec. 24, 2007, 2 a.m.

HAHA drywall and apprenticeship. i hope you're not serious.

well, you do have to learn how to get all the gypsum dust out of your nostrils and hair.

on a serious note, since you live in Langley, go troll Port Kells, pretty much everywhere is looking for employees up there. depending on how much of a sleazeball you are, you could land a job in sales, make a bunch of commish.

Check my stuff for sale!

Dec. 24, 2007, 3:33 a.m.

go troll Port Kells

he already does. just for a different kind of job.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Dec. 24, 2007, 4:11 a.m.

how about target holder?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 24, 2007, 9:36 a.m.

how about target holder?

Okay, I laughed. Although the tragedy is that in North Korea it could be true …

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 24, 2007, 12:38 p.m.

If I were to do trades, I'd be an electrician.

here are a few reasons

-One of, if not, the highest paid job amongst all trades work
-Least strain on your body
-Eventually get a license to do contract work for others (perhaps do it as a side job on top of your regular hours for some extra $$)

QUOTE]

YUP ,I always regreted not getting a ticket and electrical would be the best one .

Dry wall is dirty and heavy ,painting would be easyier than dry wall and ya to do either fast [HTML_REMOVED] well is an aquired skill,sure I can do them fairly well but a pro could do them 3 times as fast as I .

Dec. 24, 2007, 12:56 p.m.

Hmmm electrician - but then I'd carry the stigma as DaveM.

Dec. 24, 2007, 12:59 p.m.

Oh ya one thing that makes it a bit more challenging - I really can't afford to not have an income for 6 months or anything so something like electrician is likely unavailable to me as I'm sure they require previous schooling.

Dec. 24, 2007, 1:03 p.m.

well its hard to make a change ,things are booming right now so can you find the same kinda job with better atmosphere ?

Dec. 24, 2007, 1:04 p.m.

Oh ya one thing that makes it a bit more challenging - I really can't afford to not have an income for 6 months or anything so something like electrician is likely unavailable to me as I'm sure they require previous schooling.

i'm sure dave could get you a job starting out as his office bitch while he learns ya some new things.

don't forget to bring these

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 24, 2007, 1:13 p.m.

well its hard to make a change ,things are booming right now so can you find the same kinda job with better atmosphere ?

For now I'll hold out until I'm ready to make the change, I'll survive a few months if I have to until I find the right job. But definitely time for a new career. I enjoy problem solving but tech support is a real brain deadener. Even with the extra projects I'm just done with it.

i'm sure dave could get you a job starting out as his office bitch while he learns ya some new things.

don't forget to bring these

Does that count as safety gear? Maybe the company pays for them.

Dec. 24, 2007, 1:15 p.m.

For now I'll hold out until I'm ready to make the change, I'll survive a few months if I have to until I find the right job.

Does that count as safety gear? Maybe the company pays for them.

dave's probably got a used pair you can have

Ellen Langer