So, been thinking of a career change

Dec. 23, 2007, 1:03 p.m.

harden the fuck up.

You could have at least waited til the 2nd page.

Honestly it's not a bad job but after 11 years of empty promises plus the psychotic episodes which are becoming much more frequent, I have no reason to hang around.

Dec. 23, 2007, 3:18 p.m.

you're still young…i say move one man. not worth the abuse. nothing and no amount of money is worth that bs.

i'm in the glass business and i can tell you that like all trades there's a shortage of workers and glass and glazing. the pay is pretty darn good imo. but the work can be straining as in lifting heavy glass. but most of the time its pretty dang nice.

if that's not your thing might i suggest millwork (woodwork). or…….we are looking for an estimator/project manager in our office.

good luck man. but ya don't take that shit from your boss. and if you need more info on the office position pm me.

Dec. 23, 2007, 3:20 p.m.

HEat, there is a place by your house (if you still live by Lafarge) called RDK services (I think, it is kity corner to the UI office). It is an employment "program" thing. First it is FREE, second they work around your schedule, third, they look at your situation (In this case what the hell can I go and do?) and then send you down the proper road to getting there. They sent me to some "course" at Douglas College (by Lafarge) also free, that is supposed to help you figure out what you want to do, take into account what you physically can do, and help you find the training etc. I never made it to the college part since I found a job before I made it to the first day but either way, it might be worth looking into.

p.s. Since we are on the second page, and no body has said it yet,
male prostitute?

Eric

Dec. 23, 2007, 3:22 p.m.

I think he's looking for a NEW career Lurch…

Dec. 23, 2007, 3:44 p.m.

too bad you can't get paid to be a peeping tom.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Dec. 23, 2007, 3:50 p.m.

to be an electrician you have to be dead sexy and know how to please the ladies.

Dec. 23, 2007, 4:05 p.m.

to be an electrician you have to be dead sexy and know how to please the ladies.

so is it safe to say you are not an electrician?

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

Dec. 23, 2007, 4:55 p.m.

Teck Cominco (CESL) is looking for workers right now. Theres a massive shortage of maintence crews, process operators, and instrumentation people. They have a research facility in Richmond.

MSN me at: [email protected]
www.bigringbikes.cjb.net
www.cyberetrothreads.com

Dec. 23, 2007, 5:10 p.m.

you know you've hit rock bottom when:

you seek career advice from the nbr goons of nsmb

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 23, 2007, 5:25 p.m.

so is it safe to say you are not an electrician?

oh i'm an electrician……..just ask your wife:thepimp:

Dec. 23, 2007, 5:45 p.m.

Try to get on with a builder who self performs a lot of the work. A good carpenter who has experience in formwork, framing, siding, and finish carpentry is a very valuable person. The same carpenter who has been around projects from beginning to end and has an understanding of how to manage a project, and has contacts with other subcontractors (electricians, plumbers, etc) can think about starting their own company. Being a self employed carpenter/builder is a very rewarding job. Lots of freedom.

Gaining the experience needed to go out on your own could take a while, but this will be the case in anything new you decide to pursue.

Good luck

Dec. 23, 2007, 6:33 p.m.

dude.

appliance repair..

just think of all the horny housewives home alone with a broken washing machine when you show up to be the man and fix it.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 23, 2007, 8:08 p.m.

dude.

appliance repair..

just think of all the horny housewives home alone with a broken washing machine when you show up to be the man and fix it.

he does have the plumbers crack already, he just needs a job to use it.

Dec. 23, 2007, 8:35 p.m.

Have youever considered a career in the exciting field of animal husbandry?:cow:

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 23, 2007, 8:53 p.m.

you know you've hit rock bottom when:

you seek career advice from the nbr goons of nsmb

Is that one step above or below a High School Guidance Counsellor

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/