Smokers.

July 31, 2009, 3:24 p.m.

It's a misdemeanor offense and the fine is around $800 to sell tobacco to a minor or buy tobacco for a minor. Stings for this happen frequently. The clerk would have to be a complete idiot to not give a shit and even if they didn't care it wouldn't take long for them to get caught and then fired or lose the store's tobacco license.

It's some serious shit man.

Do you honestly believe that? It is never enforced.

July 31, 2009, 3:49 p.m.

How do they figure out that a fire gets started by a cigg?

Is it just implied?

I would assume that the fire itself would burn up any evidence.

No lightning strikes, no camp fires, thus, a cigg.

I'm sure these things are cigg discard started, but how is it actually proven.

Science or deduction?

Any arson investigators out there?

Brother-in-law is a fire investigator. Apparently if you know what to look for there are a lot of clues left over from a fire.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 31, 2009, 6:05 p.m.

It's a misdemeanor offense and the fine is around $800 to sell tobacco to a minor or buy tobacco for a minor. Stings for this happen frequently. The clerk would have to be a complete idiot to not give a shit and even if they didn't care it wouldn't take long for them to get caught and then fired or lose the store's tobacco license.

It's some serious shit man.

my girlfriend got fired her second day workin at a gas station for sellin smokes to a guy rocking a full mountain man beard.
turned out he was 18, sneaky bastards.

Trucks and Guns.

July 31, 2009, 6:05 p.m.

btw-you're wrong.

Trucks and Guns.

July 31, 2009, 6:39 p.m.

Those nasty filters on the end of the cigarette don't burn very well, so there's usually evidence left.

So if I were to light a fire, then throw a cigarette butt into it, do you think I could get away with it because I don't smoke?

July 31, 2009, 6:42 p.m.

i can drive fine high, but suck at drunk driving. omg i scare myself with that.

I can't believe someone just posted this. He's either the ultimate troll, or legally retarded (no offense).

July 31, 2009, 7:22 p.m.

I can't believe someone just posted this. He's either the ultimate troll, or legally retarded.

FYP.

Trucks and Guns.

Aug. 1, 2009, 9:32 a.m.

btw-you're wrong.

Just because your sister sucks at life does not mean I'm wrong. I know of specific stores in NB and BC that have sold friends and myself tobacco underage since I was 16…I don't look extremelly over aged either, and they knew we were high school students at the time.

Not only that but I know of situations where people buying for minors were given a warning or sometimes nothing at all after being 'caught' by the poice. Liquor and tobacco.

Aug. 2, 2009, 9:11 p.m.

you would be very suprized. You can't just walk in and buy them, unless you have a full beard or some shit. I have had the cops called on me twice for trying to buy cigarettes, but I ran away both times.

I have never once found someone who will just sell me cigarettes. You have to know someone who is 18, or know people at school, but its risky and pricey at school. Not to say its not risky outside of school. IDK what the chances are of asking an off duty cop, but I hate taking the chance.

Once I was desperate for some smokes, and I had 20 bucks, so I asked a man who looked to be in his 30s, he said yes. So we drove down to the store in his truck and I noticed an ID hanging from his rear view, turns out he is a 11th grade math teacher.

People are being very serious about minors smoking…

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Aug. 2, 2009, 9:16 p.m.

Just because your sister sucks at life does not mean I'm wrong. I know of specific stores in NB and BC that have sold friends and myself tobacco underage since I was 16…I don't look extremelly over aged either, and they knew we were high school students at the time.

Not only that but I know of situations where people buying for minors were given a warning or sometimes nothing at all after being 'caught' by the poice. Liquor and tobacco.

clever insult.

I know of stores like that too, one of the ones we always used to use got busted 3 times and had their tobacco liscence pulled for a couple years.
Maybe they just don't give a shit in nanaimo cause they definitely enforce hell out of those laws here.

Trucks and Guns.

Aug. 2, 2009, 10:33 p.m.

I can't believe someone just posted this. He's either the ultimate troll, or legally retarded (no offense).

Obviously you do not know Partbreaker very well, he is from Texas and really likes to go BIIIIG with girls, you know.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Aug. 2, 2009, 10:45 p.m.

Once I was desperate for some smokes, and I had 20 bucks, so I asked a man who looked to be in his 30s, he said yes. So we drove down to the store in his truck and I noticed an ID hanging from his rear view, turns out he is a 11th grade math teacher.

I think we know what happened next…….

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 3, 2009, 12:38 a.m.

I think we know what happened next…….

???
What happened next was I got my 4 packs of smokes and was on my way

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Aug. 3, 2009, 1:24 a.m.

???
What happened next was I got my 4 packs of smokes and was on my way

OR you got 4 packs of something else and had to 'smoke' something else then went on your way

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Aug. 3, 2009, 5:39 a.m.

clever insult.

I know of stores like that too, one of the ones we always used to use got busted 3 times and had their tobacco liscence pulled for a couple years.
Maybe they just don't give a shit in nanaimo cause they definitely enforce hell out of those laws here.

It is not just Nanaimo. Maybe it' just that I have never experienced it or seen it first hand. I do believe there is funding put into busting it and sure people have lost licenses…but it is not as bad as posts above have made it out to be.

A)
If I was a clerk, hell no I wouldn't risk my job.

B)
If some kid asked me to boot for them I probably would, just knowing that if I got caught I highly doubt the laws would be enforced to their full.