Small trucks

Jan. 3, 2014, 10:52 p.m.

Xterras are not awesome? Nooooooo!

Skip to 1:56. Need this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSSbg4y72k

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 4, 2014, 6:55 a.m.

So the jrp said yes but with a bunch of "Buts" which is really just lip service to the process and a given … wtf else would you expect from harpers lackies?

SO what happens now is the real shit which is the court challenge from the Haisla, the Wetsuetin and the hardley heard from Gitga'at who actualy own ALL the lands/waters which enbridge want to run the super tankers thru

You can tell the Gitga'at that there will not be an oil spill but after they mobilized in the middle of the night to save passengers from the "Queen of the North" they know different

Did the queen of the north have a harbour pilot at the wheel and 2 tugs to help it along?

The fear mongering has to stop and folks need to be more honest about what they want, which is more money.

Its sad to see well earning but naive folks get suckered into putting "no pipeline" stickers on their belching 30 yr old Volvos because someone told them the sky will fall.

How many ships have made the trip toKitimmat over the past 50 years?

how many have sunk in Douglas channel?

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 4, 2014, 9:01 a.m.

the ships that have been sailing these waters are not the very large tankers they want to run and they were not filled with bitumen, in any case the court challenge is the next step

the haisla can make enough money allowing LNG in fact the money from LNG will likely go to fund the court challenge … the industry funding the court challenge against itself

edit : and further more in the event this goes thru do you actualy trust those fuckers to do the right thing??

I don't and nobody around here does SO the more hoops and hurdles that are put in front of enbridge to jump thru the more we grind them to do the right thing or preferably not at all the better, it is enbridge who want to make money off of us so fuck them …they can pay thru the nose

do you/did you just pay asking price for your house or truck or did you push back?

Jan. 4, 2014, 12:20 p.m.

I bet on paper that Mahindra checks all my boxes for a light-duty sport truck but after being around a bunch of those on the roads of India I wouldn't want to own one. Their quality makes the original Hyundais look like Mercedes'.

Maybe if they offered one that was assembled in China or Mexico - but sorry, India does a really (really) poor job at manufacturing quality goods.

Jan. 4, 2014, 4:44 p.m.

the ships that have been sailing these waters are not the very large tankers they want to run and they were not filled with bitumen, in any case the court challenge is the next step

the haisla can make enough money allowing LNG in fact the money from LNG will likely go to fund the court challenge … the industry funding the court challenge against itself

edit : and further more in the event this goes thru do you actualy trust those fuckers to do the right thing??

I don't and nobody around here does SO the more hoops and hurdles that are put in front of enbridge to jump thru the more we grind them to do the right thing or preferably not at all the better, it is enbridge who want to make money off of us so fuck them …they can pay thru the nose

do you/did you just pay asking price for your house or truck or did you push back?

Your last sentence confirms what this is about.

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 4, 2014, 6:12 p.m.

Selling feller bunchers [HTML_REMOVED] hoes may be what is driving your post but lots of people here abouts do not want enbridge period at any price

Jan. 4, 2014, 6:18 p.m.

a lot of people are really dumb, also.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 4, 2014, 6:56 p.m.

The fear mongering has to stop and folks need to be more honest about what they want, which is more money.

Its sad to see well earning but naive folks get suckered into putting "no pipeline" stickers on their belching 30 yr old Volvos because someone told them the sky will fall.

Well said.

Been driving an F150 Ecoboost work truck. It's decent on gas and accelerates faster than any pickup truck ought to. Also, has been totally reliable for 80K km. and counting.

I like how Ford didn't take a bailout.

Jan. 4, 2014, 9:13 p.m.

Selling feller bunchers [HTML_REMOVED] hoes may be what is driving your post but lots of people here abouts do not want enbridge period at any price

not so much….I care about the big picture too.

The pipe is coming, our job is to see it done right. The douglas channel is a non issue,everyone knows that. Shipping aluminum out of kitimat is no less an enviro issue, but it happens a few times a week(bauxite also comes in fwiw) with no issue.

BTW,you mentioned the qotn.

did it ever sail into the "dangerous Douglas channel"?

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 4, 2014, 11:32 p.m.

tell us about the big picture for BC. how many long terms jobs in BC once the pipeline is built? what do we get again other than a massive long term risk?

Jan. 5, 2014, 8:07 a.m.

The pipe is coming, our job is to see it done right. The douglas channel is a non issue,everyone knows that. Shipping aluminum out of kitimat is no less an enviro issue, but it happens a few times a week(bauxite also comes in fwiw) with no issue.

BTW,you mentioned the qotn.

did it ever sail into the "dangerous Douglas channel"?

right so enbridge basicly has been saying "this is what we are gona do and its the safest thing ever" and then a year later they say "now this is what we are gona do and its the safest thing ever" … wait a minute wasn't what you offered a year ago the safest thing?

So you have the oil industry which is supported by harper paying off his buddies by making it EASY, realisticaly Enbridge is not going to do any more than they are made to do

And you got the 1st nations who were never paid off in their land claims making it HARD as they can

royal dutch shell had tenure to do CBM up in iskut ,the Thaltan thru them out … it ain't over till the fat lady sings

yer now 400kms further west than you were its a whole different ball game, the town/provincial/federal politics is all left due in large part or completely because of the 1st nations who have the land claim

queen of the north was out at the end of the douglas channel a small ship/human error not the same as running 250 very large tankers per year full of bitumen

Jan. 5, 2014, 8:27 a.m.

RIP the Small Trucks thread. Long live (yet another) pipeline thread!

Jan. 5, 2014, 8:35 a.m.

I need to buy a 5Ton truck next mth….wrong thread?

Jan. 5, 2014, 8:42 a.m.

I want the new Ford Ranger…. Come on Ford!

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Jan. 5, 2014, 8:45 a.m.

Look, ive said in the past, im not FOR the pipeline,but know it's going wether you, me or baby jesus oppose it. All we can do is make sure it is done right and make a few bucks from it.

You can come and berate me at the rascal if you like.

Pastor of Muppets