Small trucks

Jan. 3, 2014, 7:19 a.m.

I also expect that with increased demand, the price difference of NatGas vs. diesel will decrease as well. Basically the same thing that happened with diesel pricing will eventually happen to NatGas.

Nat Gas is plentiful and easy to refine…IMO it will be a long time before rates of consumption increase faster than rates of production, even right here in BC.

Jan. 3, 2014, 8:28 a.m.

natural gas has been around in vehicals for awhile, 20 or 30 years ago almost all the beat up old cabs in vancover which were bigger old american cars were burning NG now it looks like all the cabs are hybrids

NG was cheap but it didn't have the power of propane or RUG which is why these conversions were usuallly on larger american cars not small vehicals AND fueling stations were very scarce

has the technology changed?

Jan. 3, 2014, 8:56 a.m.

Nat Gas is plentiful and easy to refine…IMO it will be a long time before rates of consumption increase faster than rates of production, even right here in BC.

I don't disagree with you. My point is that the basic economics of supply and demand have a tendency to hold true over the long run. So no one should be shocked that if demand finally takes off, prices will increase.

But timing is everything… NatGas prices have been in the toilet for quite some time now. They'll probably stay that way for quite some time. But the world still burns a lot of coal, there's a growing global need for more energy (domestically, not so much), and some major economies are rejecting nuclear power. NatGas is going to play a big role in the future.

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:27 a.m.

Along with a doz mining properties there are 5 or 6 lng pipeline proposals up this neck of the woods which have kinda snuck in under the radar while enbridge has been running interference

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:28 a.m.

Didn't enbridge get approved?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 3, 2014, 1:28 p.m.

It met some kind of criteria from the federal government.

Natural gas is used heavily in oil production. Price goes up, gasoline prices are going up.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 3, 2014, 2:28 p.m.

This thread has been :derailed:

Let me fix things for you all:

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 3, 2014, 2:33 p.m.

and it looks like we came so close to having this truck in North America…

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/06/us-dealer-body-to-sue-mahindra.html#more

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 3, 2014, 2:38 p.m.

This thread has been :derailed:

Let me fix things for you all:

Except behind that model is a full size truck (or what was a full size at the time.)

Jan. 3, 2014, 3:23 p.m.

and it looks like we came so close to having this truck in North America…

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2012/06/us-dealer-body-to-sue-mahindra.html#more

1988 called it wants its old truck back…

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:09 p.m.

Didn't enbridge get approved?

So the jrp said yes but with a bunch of "Buts" which is really just lip service to the process and a given … wtf else would you expect from harpers lackies?

SO what happens now is the real shit which is the court challenge from the Haisla, the Wetsuetin and the hardley heard from Gitga'at who actualy own ALL the lands/waters which enbridge want to run the super tankers thru

You can tell the Gitga'at that there will not be an oil spill but after they mobilized in the middle of the night to save passengers from the "Queen of the North" they know different

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:17 p.m.

It'll go through once enough money is thrown at the locals.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:20 p.m.

It'll go through once enough money is thrown at the locals.

doubtful. if they are after money, the LNG pipelines and terminals will provide that, at a much lower environmental risk.

funny how the first nations are now the front line defense against Harper and his oil cronies.

edit: who cares if that Mahindra looks dorky if it's a better overall option than the POS Ranger or the mega-buck and very thirsty Tacoma

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:46 p.m.

What I want in a truck is basic utilitarianism. Metal body and interior, 4x4, no computerized crap in the engine bay.

Over the last couple years I've been seeing new Korean military trucks in the mountains when I'm riding. I want one. I've done some research on them. They're built by Kia, who licenced the old mid 60's Jeep Kaiser design. Truck is called KM450. They build an ambulance variant that would make an epic live-in adventure truck.

http://www.military-today.com/trucks/kia_km450.htm

I've contacted the military branch of Kia trying to buy one. It's not for retail sale. Only available to the military, as its straight 6 diesel won't pass new emissions standards.
They will sell to other countries' military branches, I've seen some in the Philippines.

I'm now motivated to buy an old Kaiser.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 3, 2014, 10:06 p.m.

Tacklebox thinks everyone should just own Xterras because of how awesome they are.

Ha Ha! Made you look.