Small trucks

Dec. 29, 2013, 8:09 a.m.

Diesel costs less to produce than gasoline, although ULSD increased the production cost a bit. Problem is there are not enough diesel refineries and that increases the price at the pump.

30% better fuel economy by volume, and a possible lower cost, should make diesel a better/viable option.

it SHOULD

Diesel is cheaper in europe so everything is built to run diesel but not in north america, diesel fuel prices at the pump seem to have nothing to do with actual cost of production, husky makes RUG [HTML_REMOVED] diesel about 400kms from here but Diesel is almost always more expensive … I think NA exports diesel off shore ?

Diesel makes sense to me in a BIG truck to carry a BIG load but the plans to build 1/2 ton NA trucks with a diesel do not make financial sense to me.I can't see how the average 1/2 ton PU buyer in the US which is the major market will spring for the more expensive engine to burn the more expensive fuel …I don't get it ?

And as for the usual "we should have the same cool trucks as the rest of the world" drum bangers, Google "chicken tax" and READ the whole fucking thing if you want to know the reason you don't get cool small diesel trucks into the NA car market where Canada is just a bit player in that market

Dec. 29, 2013, 8:38 a.m.

oh who cares. can we please have cheaper imported cheese now.
fuck the dairy board.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 29, 2013, 9:24 a.m.

Notice how many people say "who cares ?" or "well I don't know?" when you baffle them with logic?

sure everyone including me thinks and feels they would like a diesel car or truck that costs the same to buy and run as a gasser but it won't happen in NA due to some real reasons which all boil down to $$$

Dec. 29, 2013, 11:26 a.m.

RAM

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 29, 2013, 11:31 a.m.

guts glory

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Dec. 29, 2013, 12:53 p.m.

When did the diesel/gas price flip?

I used to have a diesel Rabbit, and back then diesel was cheaper than gas. Holy-eff that car was cheap to run, and I've loved diesels every since. They just don't seem to make sense anymore now that diesel costs more, gas truck engines burn far less fuel (while diesel ones use more now) and I don't haul trailers of huge dicks everywhere.

Dec. 29, 2013, 12:57 p.m.

Diesel fuel economy has been compromised by the new emissions reduction strategies. That said,my fully loaded to gvwr work truck still gets nearly the same mileage as an unladen new gas pickup.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 29, 2013, 1:21 p.m.

Diesel pricing fluctuates because of increased demand and insufficient refining capacity.

Natural gas is becoming popular in Europe. Anyone think it will happen here?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 29, 2013, 1:42 p.m.

and I don't haul trailers of huge dicks everywhere.

:lol:

Dec. 29, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

Is the head and shoulder room on the quad cab Tacoma any different than the extended cab? I found the extended cab taco pitifully small.

My gripe is if American manufacturers are going to pull their mid sized trucks from the lineup then they should offer a base model full size for cheaper. You cant get a new 4x4 with 5 seats for under 30k right now.

No idea. I have the extended cab, I'm just over 6' Tall and don't find it small at all. The new GM is going to be bigger all around.

Dec. 30, 2013, 6:28 a.m.

I was reading my buddy's owners manual on a newer ram diesel, from the last few years. It says it burns more fuel in order to keep emissions lower. It actually says that in the manual.

Also, diesel makes rich people richer. As soon as everyone was buying it, of course it wasn't cheaper any more.

www.northshorebillet.com

Dec. 30, 2013, 9:31 a.m.

Why. Is it that people with small dicks always claim that people with big trucks have small dicks?

I just need a 6 seater that can carry my camper for fuck sakes.

Yeah, well let's do a poll, and see how many of the "big truck" guys actually carry campers, or pull trailers.

We live in the Lower Mainland. Count how many of those full size trucks have a tonneau cover on the back.

It's a joke. I am also from a small town full of cheese dicks driving big ass diesels.

Guys that buy full size diesel trucks but don't tow may not have small dicks, but they have small brains. It's obvious they can't do basic arithmetic.

With the price of diesel vs gas, the extra cost at time of purchase, as well as the pricey repairs it makes no sense.

It's an ego/image thing. I would love to own a big ass diesel myself, I chose to own my home instead.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 30, 2013, 9:44 a.m.

Yeah, well let's do a poll, and see how many of the "big truck" guys actually carry campers, or pull trailers.

We live in the Lower Mainland. Count how many of those full size trucks have a tonneau cover on the back.

It's a joke. I am also from a small town full of cheese dicks driving big ass diesels.

Guys that buy full size diesel trucks but don't tow may not have small dicks, but they have small brains. It's obvious they can't do basic arithmetic.

With the price of diesel vs gas, the extra cost at time of purchase, as well as the pricey repairs it makes no sense.

It's an ego/image thing. I would love to own a big ass diesel myself, I chose to own my home instead.

Imagine, if you will. A world where everyone's concerns, priorities, needs, wants and financial state are not the same as yours…

Dec. 30, 2013, 9:59 a.m.

When did the diesel/gas price flip?

I used to have a diesel Rabbit, and back then diesel was cheaper than gas. Holy-eff that car was cheap to run, and I've loved diesels every since. They just don't seem to make sense anymore now that diesel costs more, gas truck engines burn far less fuel (while diesel ones use more now) and I don't haul trailers of huge dicks everywhere.

They flipped in 2004.

Dec. 30, 2013, 10:13 a.m.

Natural gas is becoming popular in Europe. Anyone think it will happen here?

It's already happening in the commercial trucking space where you have back-to-base operations. My personal opinion is that eventually it'll expand to long haul trucking as well. Smaller trucks? Not anytime soon.

I also expect that with increased demand, the price difference of NatGas vs. diesel will decrease as well. Basically the same thing that happened with diesel pricing will eventually happen to NatGas.