Small trucks

Dec. 23, 2013, 10:38 p.m.

I think it seems obsolete already. Toyota and Nissan have been selling a truck this size, with nearly all the same features (minus the diesel engine) since late '04.

To me it seems GM looked at the Tacoma and did their best to replicate it, I just wonder why they would copy something that came out 10 years ago? When the Japanese bring out new trucks in a few years (I'd assume sooner than later due to the 2016 CAFE standard in the states) these are going to be as obsolete as the current Canyon/Colorado are now.

Dec. 24, 2013, 5:18 a.m.

linky no worky…

That's how you know it's a VW.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Dec. 24, 2013, 8:03 a.m.

Says the guy in the Dodge

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 24, 2013, 8:17 a.m.

I think it seems obsolete already. Toyota and Nissan have been selling a truck this size, with nearly all the same features (minus the diesel engine) since late '04.

To me it seems GM looked at the Tacoma and did their best to replicate it, I just wonder why they would copy something that came out 10 years ago? When the Japanese bring out new trucks in a few years (I'd assume sooner than later due to the 2016 CAFE standard in the states) these are going to be as obsolete as the current Canyon/Colorado are now.

Is the head and shoulder room on the quad cab Tacoma any different than the extended cab? I found the extended cab taco pitifully small.

My gripe is if American manufacturers are going to pull their mid sized trucks from the lineup then they should offer a base model full size for cheaper. You cant get a new 4x4 with 5 seats for under 30k right now.

Dec. 24, 2013, 9:01 a.m.

This one looks better than the Colorado, same truck obvs:

I'm interested to see if the interior is any bigger and better. The last iteration was rental car ish and too cramped for my tastes and 6'2" frame.

Highly doubt it. I have an 2012 Colorado extended cab, I'm 5'10 and shes cramped, I also hate the rear seats facing forward that Toyota also uses instead of the Ranger style jump seats of the door.

yeah bro!!

Dec. 26, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

Doesn't look like this guy will hit the market in 2014:

Shame. Would be nice to have choices other than taco and frontier in the small truck market.

Dec. 26, 2013, 2:25 p.m.

Doesn't look like this guy will hit the market in 2014:

Shame. Would be nice to have choices other than taco and frontier in the small truck market.

These are a great looking truck actually. And probably the biggest of the trucks available to us (not counting imported fullsizes)

Dec. 27, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

My vortec max is pretty small. Crew short box.

decent on fuel.

Dec. 27, 2013, 1:31 p.m.

My vortec max is pretty small. Crew short box.

decent on fuel.

Cylinder de-activation?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 28, 2013, 6:57 a.m.

I'm gonna start collecting parts from the scrap yard. I'm gonna keep this 99 Ranger going for my whole life. New trucks give me the heebie jeebies.

electric seats - no thanks
electric hubs - no thanks
electric doors and windows - no thanks
automatic transmission - no thanks
carpets - no thanks (in a work truck,carpets, really?)
5 foot box - no thanks
alarm system - no thanks
daytime running lights - no thanks

I've tried a few newer "trucks". NO THANKS!

www.northshorebillet.com

Dec. 28, 2013, 8:51 a.m.

I'd like to see what toyota does for 2016 actually with the CAFE and more competition. GM is gunning for them, with an optional diesel as well. Ford with the new ranger. NIssan is putting a 3L Cummins in the next titan. Toyota is a weird company, they make very few changes to a design and drag it out for years. The "if it aint broke dont fix it" is a corporate motto I suppose. They'll have to do something, the 2nd gen Tacoma is now in its 10th year with very little changes outside of a face lift.

I have a 2009 taco, great truck and prob the only vehicle I have owned that I would buy again. Esp if it gets a diesel.

Dec. 28, 2013, 9:48 a.m.

Buy my 2001 TRD Prerunner V6. Ultimate MTB truck. 2wd that looks exactly like 4by. Cheaper on fuel, faster, and handles way better on dirt roads.

Crew cab.

They are only sold in the US, and it's a shame as it's really the ultimate lower mainland MTB truck.

[email protected]

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 28, 2013, 10:10 a.m.

I've owned 3 of those little 2wd yota's, 1 Nissan, and 2 Chevy's. Year after year I got car mileage and went 90% of the places the 4by guys were going.

My fave was the 91 2wd 3.0l V6 that I put a fabtech prerunner kit in. That thing flew, and I wiped it out in a month.

2 Choice was the actual TRD Prerunner w locking rear diff that I mentioned above.

I have long believed that all the extra moving parts, and weight of the 4by was pointless.

I currently have a 2005 4by, 6spd TRD Sport and I already miss the Prerunner. It really shines on the fireroads and pulls a trailer as good or better than the 4x4 version.

Most guys have little dicks and the truck is a reflection of that. Haha

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 28, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

Pics of my old girl….

C4 Rider Training 2013

c4race.com

Dec. 28, 2013, 10:45 a.m.

I'm gonna start collecting parts from the scrap yard. I'm gonna keep this 99 Ranger going for my whole life. New trucks give me the heebie jeebies.

electric seats - no thanks
electric hubs - no thanks
electric doors and windows - no thanks
automatic transmission - no thanks
carpets - no thanks (in a work truck,carpets, really?)
5 foot box - no thanks
alarm system - no thanks
daytime running lights - no thanks

I've tried a few newer "trucks". NO THANKS!

What's wrong with DRL?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells