Small trucks

Nov. 23, 2016, 1:10 p.m.

A small diesel truck sounds sexy as hell but sales figures have proven that nobody in america really wants to buy a small hilux or ranger sized truck … they want midsize or f-150

So besides the fact a car company will spend a billion $ to find out they didn't make any $ for their shareholders

run the figures and see if a small diesel doesn't end up costing you mo money?

Even for the Colorado where the Diesel is available, the cheapest model that allows you to include the Diesel is just above $35,000. Add a few goodies and you're close to 40K + tax. That's a chunk of money for a small(ish) truck.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Nov. 23, 2016, 2:32 p.m.

yeah but the diesel is sexy as hell!

Even tho it ain't gona do anything much differently than a gasser except possibly cost more to run

Nov. 23, 2016, 3:12 p.m.

Even tho it ain't gona do anything much differently than a gasser except possibly cost more to run

By the same definition, so is the $50,000 Tacoma. Still not a reasonable purchase for somebody who needs a working truck. There are cheaper options that make more business sense.

Vanity-wise, ZR2 Diesel nomnomnom (unless you want bed space, in which case you're SOL because BIG small TRUCK, BIG spare TIRE)

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Nov. 23, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

^Will that actually come to market in that form though? DuraTracs/Kings/Winch or will a dumbed down version be sold? Probably will be priced around $55,000 CDN for it. Surprised a 5.2L V8 option isn't available…

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 23, 2016, 5:52 p.m.

Where's my base model diesel? :(

Nov. 23, 2016, 5:53 p.m.

Traded in my mustang and got a truck.

Single cab, short box, and with the 5.0

Nov. 23, 2016, 5:56 p.m.

well they used to be better on fuel and more reliable.. now with all the emissions crap I wouldn't fuck em with your dick neither. Theyve been ruined just as theyre brining em here.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 23, 2016, 7:01 p.m.

Nice! you don't see those very often anymore.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Nov. 23, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

FUCK yes….

did u have to factory order that config ? that trucks rare as hens teeth and a "sport" model to…

what did u pay ?

ps more pics plz…

Nov. 23, 2016, 11:56 p.m.

Some one custom ordered it then bailed. saw it in a random email from Ford, thought to my self "damn that's bad ass". Costs $31000. Best part was I got $15000 trade in on my stang, 2014 v6 base(payed $21000 2.5 years ago) with 70000kms, needing tires and brakes, and with a $13000 icbc claim on it.

It weights right around 4000lbs and has just under 400HP. It's fast. The "Sport" package just adds painted bumpers, fog lights, and a sticker. Bench seat seats 3 just fine, and even though it's a single cab it's got a lot of room behind the seats. And even though it's a base model truck, it still has all the cool Bluetooth shit.

Needs to be lowered, or atleast leveled out in the back. Needs a limited slip diff, because that's not even a factory option any more. And maybe a blower to fill the extra space on top of the motor.

Nov. 24, 2016, 1:10 a.m.

Without commentary…….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHh3xf-9BIw

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Nov. 24, 2016, 8:24 a.m.

yea i figured that was custom ordered…

thats a sweet truck…

that truck with a 6" drop would look badass and some non factory wheels.. call it done

Nov. 24, 2016, 9:51 a.m.

well they used to be better on fuel and more reliable.. now with all the emissions crap I wouldn't fuck em with your dick neither. Theyve been ruined just as theyre brining em here.

Diesel fuel is often more expensive than RUG in north america and specificaly now in BC , so were small diesels in small trucks actualy good on fuel or was diesel just cheaper in the countries where you could actualy buy a small diesel truck ?

repairs can be very expensive on a TDi, also they sometimes don't start so well in the cold

Now days gas engines put out lots of HP and are very cheap/reliable

this^^ would all still apply to a base model or a loaded model but has anybody done cost per km analysis of a RUG vs Diesel model, how long do you need to run one to pay off the increased cost of the engine and how do you do that with the fuel cost all over the place and often [HTML_REMOVED] RUG as it is nowadays or is it unnecessary because they are just so fucking sexy?

Nov. 24, 2016, 5:19 p.m.

Some one custom ordered it then bailed. saw it in a random email from Ford, thought to my self "damn that's bad ass". Costs $31000. Best part was I got $15000 trade in on my stang, 2014 v6 base(payed $21000 2.5 years ago) with 70000kms, needing tires and brakes, and with a $13000 icbc claim on it.

It weights right around 4000lbs and has just under 400HP. It's fast. The "Sport" package just adds painted bumpers, fog lights, and a sticker. Bench seat seats 3 just fine, and even though it's a single cab it's got a lot of room behind the seats. And even though it's a base model truck, it still has all the cool Bluetooth shit.

Needs to be lowered, or atleast leveled out in the back. Needs a limited slip diff, because that's not even a factory option any more. And maybe a blower to fill the extra space on top of the motor.

Flat plane crank out of a GT350R would sound amazing out of that truck. :couple:

Yeah not the best "motor" for a truck, but it still makes me smile just thinking about it.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Nov. 24, 2016, 7:13 p.m.

yea i figured that was custom ordered…

thats a sweet truck…

that truck with a 6" drop would look badass and some non factory wheels.. call it done

I can get an axle flip kit to drop the rear 4 or 6", the front only needs to come down 2-3". But no one makes a drop spindle yet, and I don't like just lowering springs.