Small Space Living?

July 18, 2007, 9:23 p.m.

risky time to be buying in PG IMO. i think XXX_er nailed it. i'd find a cheap place to rent and bank the money for now. i'd be more worried about prices falling than if that's enough space (having lived in PG my concern would be in the winter as already mentioned)

July 18, 2007, 9:37 p.m.

In Vancouver a lot of starter condos in new buildings are in the low 500 sqft range. Because of the smaller unit sizes a market has been developing for custom furniture - basically you give them measurements for your space and they will custom build it to fit your place. A bit pricier but if you consider how efficient it can make your place space-wise it might be something to look into.

July 18, 2007, 10:08 p.m.

I'll be putting in my offer this friday. Theres not much on the market now and the apartment is a good price and a good location. I'll be living in it for a bit. I'll be doing a renovation on it next summer or maybe winter in my downtown from work. Then in a few years i'll be building my own house and i'll just keep the apartment and rent it out fully furnished to university/college students.