Small Space Living?

June 30, 2007, 12:29 a.m.

If I was single and childless, I would get a studio. If you are buying.. I am not sure how great of an investment that would be depending on location.. But if its renting I would do it.

My friend has a place around the same size. I don't think its that bad, it is rare that she has guests over, so its only her there. If I had to, I could live out of my room… I have a 4 bedroom right now and it is so empty becuase I am used to living in apartments, or with someone.

I'll come live with ya!!

June 30, 2007, 8:59 a.m.

those fold down beds are called murphy beds ,one of my buddies put one in his 400sq ft studio up at big white .He was able to buy the hardware and do the woodworking himself

is this in PG ?

realestate has stalled in PG and is actualy dropping probably 10-20K in the last several months

June 30, 2007, 9 a.m.

I'll come live with ya!!

Sure.
If you pay rent. :lol:

June 30, 2007, 10:05 a.m.

those fold down beds are called murphy beds ,one of my buddies put one in his 400sq ft studio up at big white .He was able to buy the hardware and do the woodworking himself

is this in PG ?

realestate has stalled in PG and is actualy dropping probably 10-20K in the last several months

Yes it is.

June 30, 2007, 11:34 a.m.

400sq feet in down town Van maybe ,in downtown PG I just can't see it yet … not urban enough /too redneck/too effected by commodity prices

march was top of the market after a 5 year run that seen prices more than double in pg

PG is lumber and lumber is down ,mills are taking down time ,mackenzie canfor is closing, US housing starts are down , the canadian dollar is up , canadian interest rates are going up which will all affect the housing market … I would ask 10-20k less if I was selling my house today than I did in march

how might that affect your descision??

June 30, 2007, 3:31 p.m.

I rent a 400 square foot 2 room bachelor type place, it's okay. I don't have people over there very often for the sole reason that it's a little cramped when you have people over, but that's not a huge deal for me since It's just me. My place consists of a kitchen/eating/hanging out area and a bedroom/den of around the same size as well as a decent sized bathroom.

I don't find it's too bad; it was renovated recently and finished nicely with tile floors throughout, new appliances etc. My landlord is a finishing carpenter so the windows, doors and cabinets are all nice wood. I don't think I'd be able to live in a small space like that if it was a dive, but since it's finished quite nicely it's not a big deal. I find the biggest issue is bike storage.

Your mortgage on a 50k house is going to be minimal, probably only around $250/month after all is said and done with taxes (if that). I'd snap that up in a second, live in it for a while and do a few small reno's like new paint, new wood trim to make the windows stand out and maybe throw down some new tile. In a small space it's going to be pretty cheap to do said reno's, and you shouldn't have a hard time renting it for a hundred or two more than your mortgage when your done with some work.

June 30, 2007, 11:26 p.m.

Sure.
If you pay rent. :lol:

of course. after all, sex is never free ;)

July 18, 2007, 4:29 p.m.

So i've decided I am going to buy the place. I'll be putting in an offer this friday.

July 18, 2007, 4:33 p.m.

The smaller one or the bigger one?

July 18, 2007, 5:02 p.m.

Bjork's new place

July 18, 2007, 7:29 p.m.

Bjork's new place

jeez if you were in PG you should have called me and we would have gone out for a beer. instead you just go and stink up lloyds new place.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 18, 2007, 7:54 p.m.

So when are you throwing the kegger?

This space intentionally left blank.

July 18, 2007, 8:11 p.m.

jeez if you were in PG you should have called me and we would have gone out for a beer. instead you just go and stink up lloyds new place.

Sorry, he said you'd be there too. Guess there wasn't room.

July 18, 2007, 8:26 p.m.

Sorry, he said you'd be there too. Guess there wasn't room.

BTW you look better without the mustache.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

July 18, 2007, 8:52 p.m.

BTW you look better without the mustache.

flattery will get you everywhere.