silly ruling

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:10 a.m.

There are people out there who are obese due to medically diagnosed conditions. These people deserve the same rights given to any other person with a medical disabillity. They can provide a doctors letter to verfiy this, and should be given the second seat.

However the morbidly obese people who are in that condition because of a series of life choices are a different situation all together. If you have made choices that prohibit not just your comfort, but also potentially that of another paying customer you should be responsible for paying extra charges necessary to accomodate you.

It becomes a sad statement on the direction of our health when the person bringing their bike/golf clubs/skis/surf board on vacation is charged an extra wieght fee, but the morbidly obese person gets a free extra seat.

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:11 a.m.

they love you more then jim jones here..you know that, right…

i could change my name to wong

meh

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:14 a.m.

There are people out there who are obese due to medically diagnosed conditions. These people deserve the same rights given to any other person with a medical disabillity. They can provide a doctors letter to verfiy this, and should be given the second seat.

I dont think the airline should give ANYONE an extra seat, sick fat or dissabled.

It is a choice not a right to travel by air. You dont like it take the bus/car/walk…..

Airlines are running a business not some sort of charity service.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:14 a.m.

I'm fine if its due to medically diagnosed conditions. But if its just because you are just a fat, lazy bastard and you find a big mac in your chins while waiting for the plane then you should have to pay for 2 seats.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:25 a.m.

Ok, since they get a free seat. Now brings up the question of fuel charges. Since technically the fuel fee is a per person charge. Person being a normal human. Does that mean they will be charged the extra fuel cost of hauling the extra weight?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:29 a.m.

I dont think the airline should give ANYONE an extra seat, sick fat or dissabled.

It is a choice not a right to travel by air. You dont like it take the bus/car/walk…..

Airlines are running a business not some sort of charity service.

I can't agree more with this.

Nov. 20, 2008, 10:34 a.m.

yup no fat people, no people with screaming kids, no old people who want to wax poetically about taking thier first flight with orville and wilbur, no coughing sneezing germ spreading sick people, no incontinent bastards who insist on not taking the aisle seat, etc etc etc, none of them should be allowed on a plane.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:02 a.m.

this ruling is fine, but why charge a sub 200lb human extra loot for overweight baggage( usually less then 10-20lbs). Then give the big un's an extra seat for free…..

I'm all for the 2 seat thing if its really for "my" comfort, but how about a surcharge for those that are over say 250lbs?

It seems to be about fuel these days. Even car mileage goes out the window when you add weight. My Toyotas fuel economy goes into the toilet with 1 moto in the back, and it weighs just over 220-ish…..

you nailed it bang on here cory.

www.knollybikes.com

:canada:

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:24 a.m.

just get exit row seats , hardly ever fat people there

brokezors

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:33 a.m.

I can't wait to be told that I can't fly on the flight I reserved and paid for because they lost 5 seats to 5 obese people and the flight is now oversold. With North America's obesity rate it seems like they better be leaving 30% of the seats vacant on all flights for the fatties out there.

-m

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:37 a.m.

this ruling is fine, but why charge a sub 200lb human extra loot for overweight baggage( usually less then 10-20lbs). Then give the big un's an extra seat for free…..

I'm all for the 2 seat thing if its really for "my" comfort, but how about a surcharge for those that are over say 250lbs?

It seems to be about fuel these days. Even car mileage goes out the window when you add weight. My Toyotas fuel economy goes into the toilet with 1 moto in the back, and it weighs just over 220-ish……

you nailed it bang on here cory.

Seriously? Think about that a minute.

When you're riding a 35lb bike, adding an extra 10lbs is huge.

Small car - 150lbs may be noticeable

F250 - takes a sizeable load to notice any difference

400,000+lb plane - yeah, an extra 200lbs is going to make a noticeable difference :rolleyes:

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:39 a.m.

Standing room only.

That is all.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/murmurs/archives/2006/20060427_airplane.html

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:45 a.m.

How long til the tall have the right to two seats? It has to stop somewhere, so why did they start?

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:51 a.m.

Having been that extremly obese individual, I can attest to how uncomfortable/embarrasing it is to sit next to someone.

Nov. 20, 2008, 11:56 a.m.

what is your reaction to the ruling jaysin ?