Shows that are super popular that you just cannot watch.

June 13, 2013, 10:12 p.m.

Mountain men, gold rush, and every other Alaska (insert industry here) show (there have been 64 "reality" shows based in AK since that crab fishing show came out).

I get a kick out of duck dynasty, but I can only stand about 5 minutes of it.

I do like the Big Bang Theory, but I am an engineer who spent most of college hanging out with a group of guys and one hot blonde chick.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

June 13, 2013, 11:18 p.m.

I HATE Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother. I dont understand how they are popular. Maybe I just dont like Sit-Coms? Also any of those singing shows(the voice, x factor, American Idol, Glee)

June 14, 2013, 1:01 a.m.

I think when I can afford satellite I'll be viewing a lot of Nature shows, NHL Network, Sports networks, probably some movie channels, CBC news. Global news seems to fit the same audience that read the province, lots of pictures, quick little stories..

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 14, 2013, 1:34 a.m.

I think when I can afford satellite I'll be viewing a lot of Nature shows, NHL Network, Sports networks, probably some movie channels, CBC news. Global news seems to fit the same audience that read the province, lots of pictures, quick little stories..

HD is all about nature shows and scenery; sometimes the detail is amazing. Then there are some sports, where the picture quality and wider view really help. After that there is news and once in a while a good movie. And if you're going to watch crap, then Fox is where it's at.

Is there any way to get the CRTC to outlaw the woman's channel? It's destroying our culture faster than anything else.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 14, 2013, 7:22 a.m.

Is there any way to get the CRTC to outlaw the woman's channel?

There's a womans channel. Wow! I don't have cable at home, just stream movies occasionally.

I used to watch the Walking Dead a bit but it is so ridiculously slow that I refuse to watch it anymore.

Love Vikings though!!

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

June 14, 2013, 7:51 a.m.

The Walking Dead (all seasons)

June 14, 2013, 10:16 a.m.

The only "popular" shows I like are How I Met Your Mother, Barney Stinson kills me, the Simpsons and Family Guy.
I don't care for any other sit-com or drama really.
I also enjoy Alaska State Troopers because it is so ridiculous!

June 15, 2013, 8:06 a.m.

Does it have a laugh track?

I won't watch it.

Are zombies prominently featured?

You're an idiot for liking it.

_ Oh, you can tell that bob from the strip joint on 17th committed the crime because of the way that knife was laying on the pavement?_

** Fuck you, that's just insulting.

**I haven't had TV for over 5 years now. I keep abreast of politics by reading plenty, same with the business world. I watch some shows online now and then, netflix is a pretty rad service.

June 17, 2013, 12:24 p.m.

I haven't had TV for over 5 years now. I keep abreast of politics by reading plenty, same with the business world. I watch some shows online now and then, netflix is a pretty rad service.

Same over here. We pulled the plug roughly five years ago as well, I read a lot, enjoy being outside, and most shows the students at my school where I am working are talking about….heck, I do not even know the names.

I think tv is one waste of time, it turns the viewer into a robotic trance, I think my own life and the life of the people I care about is more interesting than anything on tv.

Same holds true for the internet to a certain degree.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

June 17, 2013, 12:32 p.m.

Since almost everyone I know watches Game of Thrones and all I hear about it how great it is, I tried to sit down and watch it. I couldn't get through the first 30 minutes. It was just not my thing. Of course, everyone makes fun and tells me how dumb I am. lol.

What are some "popular" shows you just cannot stand or sit through?

Mine are:

- Game of Thrones
- Breaking Bad
- Dexter

The first episode is actually kinda cheesy. Skip to the third one and try it again.

June 17, 2013, 1:35 p.m.

We do have TV but very limited so end up watching most shows on Netflix etc. One thing I have noticed, this changes our viewing habits which changes what we want from a show. I found shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter etc. got old pretty fast we we were watching episodes on consecutive evenings rather than a week apart.

June 17, 2013, 1:36 p.m.

I think tv is one waste of time, it turns the viewer into a robotic trance, I think my own life and the life of the people I care about is more interesting than anything on tv.

Same holds true for the internet to a certain degree.

but some might say riding bikes is a waste of time and that TV is an education tool… :high:

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 17, 2013, 2:28 p.m.

faaaack… why always the 'I don't own a TV' posts? No one axed you all that.

For a while I was not able to watch Eastbound and Down. Just couldn't. But then I found it on 1channel.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 17, 2013, 3:40 p.m.

Amen. I have a giant fricking screen in my living room with a PVR, 100,000 channels of HD, and a PS3 with Netflix. It is great and so am I.

June 17, 2013, 3:43 p.m.

Dis!

Mad Men