shout-out for MSD and Mammut

Dec. 28, 2016, 10:35 p.m.

Sheets

Go into the menu/settings of the Pulse and see when the servicing is/was due.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 29, 2016, 8:14 a.m.

im aware of how to follow flux lines….not aware of being told to turn 90 degrees when i am though and then being told to turn 180

Yeah I also used to follow flux lines with an analog but I don't anymore with Digital, I just follow the arrow to where beacon sez the body is, mark the center [HTML_REMOVED] probe in a 12" circular pattern till I get a strike

With an analog you gotta know all that shit but with a digital the software is suposed to do it for ya so my point would be that you might be trying to out think the software

buddy sean the local guide tells us that in his experiance the scenario he seen played out many times during beacon practise on ski weeks was for the complete newbie with a borrowed digital to out perform the well seasoned (oxymoron?)weekend warrior with his personal analog.

Now days I don't think a commercial heli/bc/cat ski operation will even let you use analog so if you are paying the big bucks they will give you a digital period

anyway the mountain safety pro you guys are already paying is right there to talk to about it so buy him a coffee [HTML_REMOVED] pick his brain … or not

yeah some models of beacon don't like EMF from radios and I phones and everybody knows not to use rechargable batteries in a beacon … nicad only

Jan. 1, 2017, 7:09 p.m.

http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com/2016/12/batteries-for-pulse-barrvyox-element.html

new shit has come to light

Jan. 1, 2017, 8:23 p.m.

http://www.mammutavalanchesafety.com/2016/12/batteries-for-pulse-barrvyox-element.html

new shit has come to light

This has been known for a while…some batteries are shorter than others as well and have poor contact

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 1, 2017, 9:58 p.m.

In regards of getting ahead of digital beacons, some process the signal faster than others… something to keep in mind when picking up a new one.

Also, digital beacons will still follow the flux line, as does analog…

… and yes, you should still be doing the 180 degree turn to see what's 'closer' on your digital beacon.