shoulda bought a mac?

Nov. 8, 2015, 7:28 p.m.

Anyone else hate the favorites sidebar creeping in from the left side in the latest version of Safari? No option to turn it off.

can't you just hit that little grid pad thingy upper left below the red dot and it goes away? hasn't caused me any problems…

http://www.macworld.com/article/2848112/how-to-make-sense-of-safaris-new-favorites-bookmarks.html

sounds complicated..how have i avoided all this? i am on the yosemite w no problems at all….

Nov. 9, 2015, 6:48 a.m.

just bought a new imac for my home studio yesterday. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:drool:

You know you went to far when even Tungsten thinks your a Jack Ass.

Nov. 9, 2015, 7:39 a.m.

can't you just hit that little grid pad thingy upper left below the red dot and it goes away? hasn't caused me any problems…

http://www.macworld.com/article/2848112/how-to-make-sense-of-safaris-new-favorites-bookmarks.html

sounds complicated..how have i avoided all this? i am on the yosemite w no problems at all….

I'm on El Capitan and there's no way to turn it off. I'm sure there will be an update soon.

Nov. 9, 2015, 9:08 a.m.

I'm on El Capitan and there's no way to turn it off. I'm sure there will be an update soon.

hmmmm! well that seems dumb!!

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21460?viewlocale=en_US[HTML_REMOVED]locale=en_US

Nov. 10, 2015, 2:06 a.m.

In PC news, a new bios update seems to have my whole internet rocking. Things be faster and smoother.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Jan. 8, 2017, 6:03 a.m.

Anyone recommend a good place to get a hardware repair on a Mac in VanCity?
I need the power adapter replaced on mine.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 8, 2017, 9:59 a.m.

Apple Store?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 8, 2017, 10:12 a.m.

Anyone recommend a good place to get a hardware repair on a Mac in VanCity?
I need the power adapter replaced on mine.

Simply computing @ Broadway and Pine.

Jan. 8, 2017, 10:17 a.m.

Look up Ifixit and do it yourself. Order the part online. It is easy I have done one on my old MacBook.

Jan. 8, 2017, 11:33 a.m.

So I finally found an Apple store after 2.5 years on the road. Sure, I could've gone to Pablo's 'Puter-Repair somewhere in Latin America but I decided to wait for the real deal.

My AppleCare is still good for a few months and I'm getting the display (retina coating peeling off) replaced, a new logic board (power issues), a new battery (some sort of error msg) and a new charger. All in all about $1,300 in parts, no idea on what the labour would be. I'll continue to recommend Apple to friends and family.

Sure, I probably could've sourced the parts on FleaBay and gotten some kid at a kiosk to do the repair, but Apple came through for me.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 8, 2017, 1:42 p.m.

So are saying it's all covered on warranty or sft?

I got a software nerd buddy who claims the most cost-effective way is to buy a new Mac every 2 yrs while it is still with something and sell the old one

Jan. 8, 2017, 1:58 p.m.

So are saying it's all covered on warranty or sft?

I got a software nerd buddy who claims the most cost-effective way is to buy a new Mac every 2 yrs while it is still with something and sell the old one

All under my AppleCare Warranty. I think I bought an extra 2 years originally.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 8, 2017, 2:14 p.m.

If I wanted a MacBook pro equivalent but didn't want apple what would it be?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 8, 2017, 6:37 p.m.

Dell XPS serious are sweet laptops. Nice build quality, great screens almost no bezel. Wife has a 13", they have 15" now I think.

Jan. 8, 2017, 8:13 p.m.

You could always buy an apple, spray bomb the logo and install Windoze 11??

www.letsridebikes.ca