shoulda bought a mac?

Oct. 23, 2015, 11:23 p.m.

Not all happy with how os updates and app updates (like itunes) have crippled my mac mini. Seems worse than the world of windows.

Oct. 24, 2015, 1:03 a.m.

I have:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I use it for a few work things, and wish I knew photoshop better, and the rest of the time it's basic internet stuff. It's working well.

You need a fair bit of power for Adobe products. My PC is pretty powerful but LR6 is slow for some operations like zooming in on large RAW files. Seems like the offloading to the GPU isn't optimized very well.

The new iMac with the big 5K resolution display would be interesting to try.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 24, 2015, 10:33 a.m.

Not all happy with how os updates and app updates (like itunes) have crippled my mac mini. Seems worse than the world of windows.

Im not going to upgrade from yosemite st this point. Seems like too many bugs to work out
I miss steve jobs , updates were better when he was still around..

Oct. 24, 2015, 4:04 p.m.

It's nothing to do with Jobs - he wasn't even technical.

Apple has very little hardware to test on so they should be able to ship a pretty stable OS. The complexity is making that difficult.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 24, 2015, 4:42 p.m.

He had vision, priorities and high standards.

Nov. 8, 2015, 11:46 a.m.

My MBP with a new hard drive installed last week is on the grey screen of stomach inducing pain.
Booted to disk utility found errors in the drive when I ran disk scan. Tried to repair, couldn't. Said to reformat HD so I did. Reinstalled Yosemite. Booted up. Used it last night. Today it is dead.

Wondering if I should go see the rocket surgeons at Pacific Centre now or give the shop here another chance?

Should've bought a Mac, derp. :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 8, 2015, 12:39 p.m.

Why did you have a new drive installed?

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Nov. 8, 2015, 1:13 p.m.

Anyone else hate the favorites sidebar creeping in from the left side in the latest version of Safari? No option to turn it off.

Nov. 8, 2015, 1:18 p.m.

If your not doing any video editing or music creation you can use the cheapest computer on the market and it work work perfect. A 400$ tower or lap top is all you need. I use an external hard drive to hold movie/audio files. Which are huge if saved in HD.
Mac is twice as expensive as it needs to be, Mac works great but its not worth twice the cost.
BTW my Net book running XP still works flawlessly.

common senseā€¦..Whats common about sense?!

Nov. 8, 2015, 1:49 p.m.

If your not doing any video editing or music creation you can use the cheapest computer on the market and it work work perfect. A 400$ tower or lap top is all you need. I use an external hard drive to hold movie/audio files. Which are huge if saved in HD.
Mac is twice as expensive as it needs to be, Mac works great but its not worth twice the cost.
BTW my Net book running XP still works flawlessly.

Xp is great - so bare bones, very little issues - too bad no more updates and pretty much toast.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 8, 2015, 2:18 p.m.

Xp is great - so bare bones, very little issues - too bad no more updates and pretty much toast.

Windows 2000 was better, and NT 3.51 even better.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Nov. 8, 2015, 2:55 p.m.

Windows 2000 was better, and NT 3.51 even better.

Woah - now we are really tripping down memory lane.
Not too familiar with the nt 3.51 pre windows 1995. Before my time.

Run mac and pc and work and have to say can't pick between the two. Mac pisses me off and Microsoft equally so. I thought win10 was going to be great, so far not really impressed, has its glitches, Yosemite was also an update I wish I never did.

Maybe move Linux

What ever happened to commodore?

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Nov. 8, 2015, 2:58 p.m.

I worked on WinNT before 3.51. It was amazing compared to anything else offered.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Nov. 8, 2015, 4:14 p.m.

HD died.
Followed all the steps in this article without any success. Brought MBP to authorized servicer, hooked MBP up to diagnostics computer showed a red X thru the HD.

It is actually working right now so the issue is intermittent AF.
I do have the model before Retina Display came out that is/was plagued by faulty GPU issues but that hasn't appeared to be the case yet with mine.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 8, 2015, 5:01 p.m.

Take it back to whoever put the drive in and get the drive replaced.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells