Shooting in France

Jan. 12, 2015, 10:22 p.m.

So simply according to your logic if it is by white people racism is bad. If it is by a back person it is okay.

All I keep reading is you going on about how racism and such is okay as long as it is against white people. And I a done.

Have a nice day.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying racism against white people isn't nearly as effective at hurting people.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 12, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Strikingly so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyWuzIXZQIM

France has Algerians you gots the Turks, eh? The difference being you guys and the Turks were once all groovy together but the French and Algerians, uh, not so much.

All parties were guilty of atrocities it was just that the interests of the "west" were, at the time, better served by demonizing the Serbs.

http://monthlyreview.org/books/pb084x/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjJ0wTMQh6w

Saw a doc some time ago regarding concerns in the Netherlands about Muslims overtaking secular Dutch in population vis-a-vis their high birthrates and the eventual possible loss of those secular freedoms through the political process.

Sorry, but I cannot watch videos at work, so I can not comment on them.

It may have been that Turks and Germans got along pretty well, not so much anymore. Prejudices and a sort of "hidden every-day racism" is part of a lot of people from Turkish descendant living in Germany.

The only reason I referred to Serbs was to clarify the point that religion has nothing to do with it, and that Christian religions had their "moment" of extremism as well, I did not intend to put the blame on one side.

Because Jews, whites and Christians aren't a demonized and abused underclass in France. It's only racism when the person being discriminated against is living within a society where the distribution of power is unequal.

Actually, anti-semitism is on the rise in France. Jewish French are at the moment most likely to immigrate to Israel. The picture gets complicated when you take into consideration that most attacks are done by Muslims.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 12, 2015, 10:48 p.m.

This whole thing can be boiled down to douchebags killing douchebags over douchebaggery.

Then you hear The left's old gaurd. Blame religon, splinter instead of solidarity, support some kind of vision of of a science fiction atheist fascist state, expect half the problems of the world to disappear cause your throwing every faction around you under the bus.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 12, 2015, 11 p.m.

This whole thing can be boiled down to douchebags killing douchebags over douchebaggery.

Then you hear The left's old gaurd. Blame religon, splinter instead of solidarity, support some kind of vision of of a science fiction atheist fascist state, expect half the problems of the world to disappear cause your throwing every faction around you under the bus.

The Pièce de résistance.

Three…? Four strawmen in a single sentence?

/Thread.

Jan. 12, 2015, 11:09 p.m.

Sorry, but I cannot watch videos at work, so I can not comment on them.

No comment needed. Mr. Rushdie is right on IMO.

It may have been that Turks and Germans got along pretty well,

Well they sank those British ships for you. That's pretty cozy if you ask me.

Prejudices and a sort of "hidden every-day racism" is part of a lot of people from Turkish descendant living in Germany.

I'm sure it is.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 13, 2015, 8:57 a.m.

But is it really a twisted interpretation, or just a more radical call to action on the accepted interpretation?

The Koran is full of twisted commands… Muslims believe the texts to be the direct words of God… God is infallible.

So how twisted is it really for someone who reads the Koran and takes it literally when they have been told it is the infallible word of God? (same goes for the bible BTW)

FO? Eight posts in this thread since I asked this question. Why no love for Chup?

Jan. 13, 2015, 9:01 a.m.

Nobody loves the goat-sucker …

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 13, 2015, 9:31 a.m.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying racism against white people isn't nearly as effective at hurting people.

So if you are half white, it hurts half as much?

Jan. 13, 2015, 9:31 a.m.

FO? Eight posts in this thread since I asked this question. Why no love for Chup?

Ok I'll respond to that point.

I just don't find those kind of arguments very solid as there are countries that are almost completely Muslim where radicals aren't an issue. In Indonesia women are completely equal to men under the law and get killed by their husbands less than they do in America. Most of the dudes I drink and get stoned with in China are Muslim.

If there can be entire communities of millions of Muslims not abusing women or killing people over religion then it's clearly not the religion's fault. It has more to do with the specific culture of the country itself. Islam can be and is a peaceful religion if you look at the behavior of Muslims on a global scale.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 13, 2015, 10:06 a.m.

No comment needed. Mr. Rushdie is right on IMO.

Well they sank those British ships for you. That's pretty cozy if you ask me.

I'm sure it is.

1. Rushdie is one of the smartest authors alive.

2. WTF?

3. Is it possible that you have an issue with Germans? My post described experiences I know of and have experienced firsthand and you reply "I'm sure it is." Thank you for a truly great insight.

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 13, 2015, 10:12 a.m.

All parties were guilty of atrocities it was just that the interests of the "west" were, at the time, better served by demonizing the Serbs.

http://monthlyreview.org/books/pb084x/

I was referring to the Nationalist movements that were founded at the Fin de Siecle, between the 19. and 20 century, and referring to the Serbs of their own history in the Middle Ages - NOT to the 1990s.

- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 13, 2015, 10:22 a.m.

“It’s incomprehensible that you turn against freedom like that, but if you don’t like this freedom, for heaven’s sake, get your suitcase, and leave,”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/muslim-mayor-of-rotterdam-ahmed-aboutaleb-tells-extremists-who-dont-like-freedom-to-f-off-9975459.html

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 13, 2015, 3:01 p.m.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ultra-orthodox-jewish-newspaper-edits-female-world-leaders-out-of-charlie-hebdo-march/

Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Newspaper Edits Female World Leaders Out of Charlie Hebdo March
by Tina Nguyen | 1:16 pm, January 12th, 2015 433

Yesterday’s historic march across Paris included over 40 world leaders expressing solidarity for France after the Charlie Hebdo massacre, but if you read this Haredi newspaper, you’d believe that none of them were women.

The image that ran on the front page of the Israeli newspaper The Announcer edited two female world leaders out of the image, originally provided by wire service GPO: German Chancellor Angela Merkel and EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini. A third woman in a blue scarf who we can’t identify was also photoshopped out.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 13, 2015, 3:46 p.m.

3. Is it possible that you have an issue with Germans? My post described experiences I know of and have experienced firsthand and you reply "I'm sure it is." Thank you for a truly great insight.

Once upon a time you had the audacity to attack the USSR, his idea of the perfect society.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Jan. 13, 2015, 5:33 p.m.

Once upon a time you had the audacity to attack the USSR, his idea of the perfect society.

Who where so loving to minorities.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/