Seylynn skate

Nov. 28, 2015, 8:01 a.m.

What if translink was more progressive. Got money from government and pursue private sponsorship as well. Get Red Bull and Elon Musk on board. Maybe Virgin.

Basically, in the big city, you should be able to have the same rights without a car as with. If you can drive there in 40 mins, there should be a bus or train combo that could get you there in 40 mins, or less. And next to the drive in window, there should be a walk up window. People without cars want a hamburger at 3 AM, just the same as peeps with cars.

Like in Europe. You are still a full fledged citizen, even if, gasp, you don't own a car.

www.northshorebillet.com

Nov. 28, 2015, 10:26 a.m.

When's the last time any of us attended a city council meeting, or even emailed council?

I went to the one regarding the Lynn Valley BOSA tower. Some apparent member of the public went on this 10 minute condescending rant how it's simply progress to have shitty condo's with Shoppers and Subways at ground level everywhere.

Since then it appears to me that the revised design isn't as high but is three times as wide. When that thing is built forget going west down Lynn Valley road to the highway. With all the ridiculous lights it'll be solid for half the day. Mountain highway will be just as shit but don't worry, they'll build a new super highway entrance at the bottom, right where the traffic is already solid down the cut.

Clusterfuck.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 1, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

What if translink was more progressive. Got money from government and pursue private sponsorship as well. Get Red Bull and Elon Musk on board. Maybe Virgin.

Basically, in the big city, you should be able to have the same rights without a car as with. If you can drive there in 40 mins, there should be a bus or train combo that could get you there in 40 mins, or less. And next to the drive in window, there should be a walk up window. People without cars want a hamburger at 3 AM, just the same as peeps with cars.

Like in Europe. You are still a full fledged citizen, even if, gasp, you don't own a car.

A little idealistic imo but probably better than PPP's.

One way to solve traffic along the arterial routes would be to implement more of a circulatory type system similar to human body during peak hours, which would reverse/flip for each hour to go with the flow. Or if they could build/engineer it, just leave it as massive flowy one ways. But the #1 HOV is on the wrong side (i said years ago on here that the HOV should be on the outside right lane, merge right instead of left when getting on the #1 but the Grandview exit screwed the chance of that ever changing).

But a glimpse of that idea would be the 99 North would take the full use of the tunnel during counter flow from Hwy 17, for 99 southbound traffic see Fraser St bridge idea below. Alex Fraser implements a one lane counter flow b/c Nordel is just fucked alone. That doesnt include 72nd, 64th, #10 or the 91a North itself, which all just plain suck the life out of you during both rush hours (AM rush hour starts at 530-6 on Nordel). And why is there still a traffic light on a Highway? I realize their plans for the future at 91a/72nd but seriously get the overpass built with turn lane overpass on the bog side so traffic can back up there. Carbon re-uptake can happen on the spot right beside the bog (see what I did there).

Build a 5 lane counter flow truck/taxi/transit only bridge at the south end of Fraser St (and Cambie even ) to service/join Kent and SFPR to alleviate traffic for the tunnel and the Alex Fraser. Because when they build the new bridge to replace the tunnel, they're not using the tunnel at all. Not for local only traffic to Ladner, Tsaw or the Ferry. Dumbest idea ever not to utilize it for even emergency services. And the new bridge is apparently only 5 lanes from what I've heard.

Barnet and Lougheed could also be one way during rush hours and most likely in a decade or three, eventually will be. But then there's the human element in re-learning it all - truly impossible.

Skytrain and transit cant fix this shiat alone imo.

As for 3am burgers, most lobby's are becoming 24 hours. As it stands right now, I think drivers have less rights than pedastrians and cyclists - and we pay our fines. Because we have to.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 1, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

A little idealistic imo but probably better than PPP's.

One way to solve traffic along the arterial routes would be to implement more of a circulatory type system similar to human body during peak hours, which would reverse/flip for each hour to go with the flow. Or if they could build/engineer it, just leave it as massive flowy one ways. But the #1 HOV is on the wrong side (i said years ago on here that the HOV should be on the outside right lane, merge right instead of left when getting on the #1 but the Grandview exit screwed the chance of that ever changing).

But a glimpse of that idea would be the 99 North would take the full use of the tunnel during counter flow from Hwy 17, for 99 southbound traffic see Fraser St bridge idea below. Alex Fraser implements a one lane counter flow b/c Nordel is just fucked alone. That doesnt include 72nd, 64th, #10 or the 91a North itself, which all just plain suck the life out of you during both rush hours (AM rush hour starts at 530-6 on Nordel). And why is there still a traffic light on a Highway? I realize their plans for the future at 91a/72nd but seriously get the overpass built with turn lane overpass on the bog side so traffic can back up there. Carbon re-uptake can happen on the spot right beside the bog (see what I did there).

Build a 5 lane counter flow truck/taxi/transit only bridge at the south end of Fraser St (and Cambie even ) to service/join Kent and SFPR to alleviate traffic for the tunnel and the Alex Fraser. Because when they build the new bridge to replace the tunnel, they're not using the tunnel at all. Not for local only traffic to Ladner, Tsaw or the Ferry. Dumbest idea ever not to utilize it for even emergency services. And the new bridge is apparently only 5 lanes from what I've heard.

Barnet and Lougheed could also be one way during rush hours and most likely in a decade or three, eventually will be. But then there's the human element in re-learning it all - truly impossible.

Skytrain and transit cant fix this shiat alone imo.

As for 3am burgers, most lobby's are becoming 24 hours. As it stands right now, I think drivers have less rights than pedastrians and cyclists - and we pay our fines. Because we have to.

….or quit trying to stuff as many minions as possible into 80 km2 of land.

I drove over to old man xxx's house today on the other side of town….took me 3 minutes. Would have taken a n hour in Van. Consider that….and how many minutes you have to live.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 2, 2015, 1:07 a.m.

….or quit trying to stuff as many minions as possible into 80 km2 of land.

I drove over to old man xxx's house today on the other side of town….took me 3 minutes. Would have taken a n hour in Van. Consider that….and how many minutes you have to live.

Perhaps while stuck in traffic trying to cross a bridge going to work and school for 3-4 years I did think about the time I have and how awesome it is to be moving at the same rate a cyclist on a highway. So much so, I had time to think of possible ways to alleviate it.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Dec. 2, 2015, 11:51 a.m.

DNV is having an open house tomorrow night (Dec. 3) to discuss "…the design guidelines we are proposing for Lynn Creek Town Centre's streets, parks, plazas, and other public spaces."

http://www.dnv.org/events/open-house-lynn-creek-town-centre-public-space-design