Setting a trap

Aug. 12, 2009, 9:54 p.m.

Vancouver is such a fucked up place sometimes. You're being ridiculous with your whole It's my property! How dare you steal my garbage!!! thing and the hippie is being an idiot for not just knocking on your door and asking for them.

People just knock on my door here and ask for my empties. Then we count them together and they give me 25% of the recycled value then haul them all away. I tried to refuse the 25% once but they just got angry.

not wanting uninvited people on your yard is a vancouver thing?

people knock on my door looking for empties too. girl scouts, high school football teams, shit like that. i open my garage and they have at 'er

not sure how you can make the mental leap from the OP to bitching about vancouver.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Aug. 12, 2009, 10:10 p.m.

not wanting uninvited people on your yard is a vancouver thing?

You're right I was being too specific. Let's just call it a rich, white thing.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 13, 2009, 12:41 a.m.

It's that kind of penny pinching attitude that make rich people rich.

The area I live in is somewhat affluent, and when my neighbour phones the boy scouts or some other organization to come get his empties, they decline. Even the kids in the neighbourhood won't make the effort to collect them and cash them in.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 13, 2009, 12:42 a.m.

The area I live in is somewhat affluent, and when my neighbour phones the boy scouts or some other organization to come get his empties, they decline. Even the kids in the neighbourhood won't make the effort to collect them and cash them in.

What a bunch of majins.

Sober

Aug. 13, 2009, 12:48 a.m.

What a bunch of majins.

This area has the highest per capita lease rate.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 13, 2009, 1:08 a.m.

Weird how this thread is up considering what just happened. Im totally cool with someone collecting bottles out in the lane, have at er. The guys are normally chilled out dudes just trying to make their way in life, and its sure as hell not easy work either. But yesterday morning at 5:30 am someone opened up our back gate, walked through our garden, through the carport, right to the backdoor where there were a few empties….which were waiting to go to the lane. That isn't cool with me, not because it woke me up, but because you just don't roll through that much of the property to get a couple cans.

Oh and the chinese lady in the new lexus picking up the cans can fuck right off as well, leave them for people who need them.

/rant.

Aug. 13, 2009, 3:51 a.m.

Caught the shit head red handed today!

… She was right in his face yelling and putting him down till he left.
I was very proud of her :)

I just hope he doesn't come back cause she said some pretty nasty things to him..

She shouldn't have done that.

Now he's going to poop all over your deck, right outside the door so you step in it.
And in the lawn.
And maybe in the garage.

Don't piss off hippies:
They'll poop anywhere, and just look for a reason to.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Aug. 13, 2009, 5:19 a.m.

Vancouver is such a fucked up place sometimes. You're being ridiculous with your whole It's my property! How dare you steal my garbage!!! thing and the hippie is being an idiot for not just knocking on your door and asking for them.

I think he's more concerned about the trespass than the cans….I have a rule regarding tresspassers.

I catch you once(emptyhanded)…you're free to leave

I catch you on my property stealing my stuff,or you're a repeat visitor….I will beat you dead.

People just knock on my door here and ask for my empties. Then we count them together and they give me 25% of the recycled value then haul them all away. I tried to refuse the 25% once but they just got angry.

Sounds like a real utopia over there :rolleyes:

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 13, 2009, 6:01 a.m.

Yeah awesome fuck that dude up!!!!!!!!!

Its not like he knows where you live or anything…….

I ride Bikes

Aug. 13, 2009, 6:17 a.m.

Yeah awesome fuck that dude up!!!!!!!!!

Its not like he knows where you live or anything…….

If you knew you were going to get a severe beat down if you went on somebody's property and took their stuff (no matter what it is),would you risk it,or head on to the next place?

The average crackhead or hippy is going to walk on by…they only do bold things like this because they know that society has gone soft and cant/wont defend itself any more.

Pastor of Muppets

Aug. 13, 2009, 6:49 a.m.

I think he's more concerned about the trespass than the cans….I have a rule regarding tresspassers.

I catch you once(emptyhanded)…you're free to leave

I catch you on my property stealing my stuff,or you're a repeat visitor….I will beat you dead.

seems entirely reasonable, I know people that would have detained the fellow themselves while waiting for cops to show up.

Trucks and Guns.

Aug. 13, 2009, 11:24 a.m.

Oh and the chinese lady in the new lexus picking up the cans can fuck right off as well, leave them for people who need them.

i see.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 13, 2009, 11:28 a.m.

money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money money

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Aug. 13, 2009, 1:06 p.m.

I think somebody is just sour after a bad binning experience….
BTW go watch Carts of Darkness, free online.

Don't be an engineer, every one of them I've met is socially retarded

Aug. 13, 2009, 1:22 p.m.

Looks like Buk has finally completed his mandatory brain washing. Hail Mao!