serious question

July 23, 2009, 6:21 a.m.

Bipolar type 2 (BPII) is a milder form. The swings from manic to depressed are milder than BPI. I was diagnosed with BPII, tried every med for 10 years. Turns out i was mostly just a crazy alcoholic because when i quite drinking two years ago and did all the cognitive work that involves, my moods and thinking stabilized to the point were i was completely off all meds only two months after i quit. Never been more stable or happy.

All in my head? Pretty much, funny cuz its true.

is this going down on my permanent record?

July 23, 2009, 7:58 a.m.

Sane people are boring.

You don't want to be boring. Do you?

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

July 23, 2009, 8:12 a.m.

If you are messed up then what do we consider shoenrock?

Drunk, yet oddly inspiring.

July 23, 2009, 10:08 a.m.

splinky, go see a dr

this place is ruthless. it is not like it is majin or sumpthang

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

July 23, 2009, 10:11 a.m.

here is my advise, quit working so fucking much and ride your bike

July 23, 2009, 10:31 a.m.

and get spell check

meh

July 23, 2009, 10:36 a.m.

and get spell check

Spell check wouldn't catch that one, unless it has some sort of grammer (sic) check too.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 23, 2009, 10:43 a.m.

i often wonder if i could be slighlty bi-polar or some shit with my ups and downs. do you think my postings on here reflect that? should i just say screw and get crazier with age or try and mellow myself out.

discuss.

Is it a problem or just what you feel ,what have you lost over it …friends ,family, job ?

I used to paddle with a guy who we called crazy G---,we had to quit calling him that name after buddy was admitted to the psych ward ,he only took enough meds to get off the ward cuz he didnt like how they brought him down to eveyone else's level and he ended up losing a very cool wife

there tends to be alot of extreme personalities in things like WW kayaking /skydiving/any extreme kind of thing where wierdo's can blend in ,a friend who dealt with mental issues told me she could see alot of ADHD tendenciess in a group of WW paddlers

personaly my life is not really what one would consider normal for a 50+ person but it is mellow and I never expected to end up where I am at now ,I don't think I had any control over it … I just played the hand I was dealt

July 23, 2009, 10:45 a.m.

i often wonder if i could be slighlty bi-polar or some shit with my ups and downs. do you think my postings on here reflect that? should i just say screw and get crazier with age or try and mellow myself out.

discuss.

i doubt you are bipolar, but it's possible you have mood swings similar to being bipolar. A lot of people do. Bipolar is really disabling, however. It's not just daily slumpy moods.

I suggest you just get to know your moods, and when you feel a bad one coming on, use mental tools to push through it. The biggest tool is learning to recognize mood swings, and then literally telling yourself that it's a moods wing and not allowing it to settle in.

It sounds silly, but i'll bet you have a window of about 30 minutes where you feel it coming on… In that time, take a break, walk around where ever you are, look at the sky, pet a dog. something. Also, daily exercise is very important for mental health.

July 23, 2009, 11:05 a.m.

yes. The impression that I get from you is that you work way too much - and the body can only handle so much work. What you need may be some serious time off, that your mind and your body refills the energy storage.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

July 23, 2009, 12:18 p.m.

I'd bet that sandwich crammed up his butt is starting to fester.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 23, 2009, 12:52 p.m.

ride bikes, eat lots, sleep well, do stuff for others and bash one out.

it has never failed me.

July 23, 2009, 1:01 p.m.

Bring back the old splinky! Captain Sensible sucks, … now what term was it that Lee used…ahh yes; a bag of donkey balls.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

July 23, 2009, 1:25 p.m.

"normal" is boring. Just be yourself and who gives a fuck what others think.

That is such nonsense its ridiculous.

July 23, 2009, 1:41 p.m.

discuss.

I figured there was something wrong. Especially since you have been MIA during some good CrossFit arguing.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/