Scorched Earth, Old School Gaming

March 8, 2013, 3:09 p.m.

I used to play it back in high school, it was very addicting. Do any of you play it?
I would like to play it again on my lap top and have found a few sites offering free downloads so but are they safe?

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

March 8, 2013, 3:53 p.m.

Why this over Worms!?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

March 8, 2013, 3:55 p.m.

Why this over Worms!?

Never played worms.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

March 8, 2013, 4:10 p.m.

Scorched earth was awesome…many an epic 2 player battle did ensue.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

March 8, 2013, 4:12 p.m.

Scorched earth was awesome…many an epic 2 player battle did ensue.

I read that you can play it on line with other users now.

March 8, 2013, 4:52 p.m.

Mechwarrior 2. was my childhood

www.vitalmtb.com

March 8, 2013, 4:58 p.m.

I just D/L'ed Mechwarrior Online… tres enjoyable.

March 8, 2013, 5:02 p.m.

I just D/L'ed Mechwarrior Online… tres enjoyable.

What is it all about? And what site did you get it from?

March 8, 2013, 5:07 p.m.

It's in Beta right now, but seems to be running smoothly. Imagine Mechwarrior your typical mechwarrior in an online team death match. No missions so-to-speak, but there are objectives to try and complete in each round.

March 8, 2013, 5:21 p.m.

It's in Beta right now, but seems to be running smoothly. Imagine Mechwarrior your typical mechwarrior in an online team death match. No missions so-to-speak, but there are objectives to try and complete in each round.

I've been embroiled in MWO since they opened the beta. It's a fantastic game. I'm also an old school Mechwarrior player btw.

It's a beta so the game environment is always changing and new mechs and maps appear almost monthly. It has full mech customization a la Mechwarrior 2 for both loadouts and weapons groups and is completely free to play. That being said if you want cool mechs and such you need time to build up money in-game to buy them or to fast forward by spending a little real cash.

Best mech game in a long time.

March 8, 2013, 5:31 p.m.

The only thing I miss in MWO is the lack of missions/story line.

Oh and it can be found here.

http://mwomercs.com/

March 8, 2013, 5:36 p.m.

Oh man. I definitely played both of those as a kid.

The best was mud bombing a tank so that on their next shot, they'd blow themselves up. My step brother would flip his lid when I did that to him.

Worms was also quite fun

March 8, 2013, 5:56 p.m.

Definitely a downside, however keep in mind it's not quite complete yet. Community Warfare is going to be coming in the next little while that will add faction warfare. That should change the dynamic quite a bit.

March 8, 2013, 6:05 p.m.

Way to busy for me. I just want Scorched Earth.

March 8, 2013, 6:09 p.m.

Way to busy for me. I just want Scorched Earth.

We need to take this to a new thread then.