Save the wolves?

Aug. 17, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

Some clowns will do anything for rep. [SARCASM]Oooooooooo brave hunter![/SARCASM]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGV7bXNvRSE

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 17, 2016, 12:41 p.m.

no different then hunting with a bow. I'll admit it looks strange to hunt that way but he did nothing illegal. Bear was found 60 yards from where he got him (basically died within seconds) But I guess most people feel better buying meat from a styrofoam pack…

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:01 p.m.

Uh, my hearing of the story on tv was that he ran away and came back to look next day. So there's no accurate accounting of how long it took that critter to die.

And I'll disagree, an arrow can be placed more accurately with more force to selected vital and provides a chance at a follow up shot.

With spear, either go in w/spear, go in with 2nd spear or knife. Which takes real courage. Which numb nuts doesn't have, apparently. Just a video camera.

Up your styrofoam too, sunny jim.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:26 p.m.

Uh, my hearing of the story on tv was that he ran away and came back to look next day. So there's no accurate accounting of how long it took that critter to die.

And I'll disagree, an arrow can be placed more accurately with more force to selected vital and provides a chance at a follow up shot.

With spear, either go in w/spear, go in with 2nd spear or knife. Which takes real courage. Which numb nuts doesn't have, apparently. Just a video camera.

Up your styrofoam too, sunny jim.

because news on tv is always accurate… look up the facts. Bear hit in the evening, getting dark. Came back the next morning and found the bear 60 yards from where it was hit. Kill shot exactly in the kills zone of the animal. Not sure if you hunt but it's real easy to miss with a bow and it happens all the time. Friend of mine shot a moose a few years back and found an arrow head in the back leg, must of been there a few years. The only reason I'm commenting on this is I hate this kind of stuff and wanted to find the facts of what he did before I judged it.

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:28 p.m.

baiting bears for hunting is weak sauce.

:canada:

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:32 p.m.

baiting bears for hunting is weak sauce.

Yup. Baiting is bullshit.

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:35 p.m.

What he did was legal.
I think baiting is bullshit.
I think the guy in the vid is a severe fuckhead who kills for sport.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Aug. 17, 2016, 1:55 p.m.

What he did was legal.
I think baiting is bullshit.
I think the guy in the vid is a severe fuckhead who kills for sport.

Yep.

Aug. 17, 2016, 2:02 p.m.

will be illegal soon though. Alberta minister said they would pass a law.

Aug. 17, 2016, 2:53 p.m.

I'm a bit confused with what people are angry about.

Is it the spear? in my opinion it's the same as a bow and if you think you can get a second shot with a bow well good luck…

Is it the bait? perfectly legal and used for all sort of animals not just bears.

Is it the video? that's probably the worst/stupid thing he did.

Is it that he's happy and excited?

Government doing what they do best, pass laws and rules on things they know nothing about and internet judging things with no facts and knowledge.

Aug. 17, 2016, 3:29 p.m.

I think taking a video of killing anything besides maybe a fish is not the smartest idea cuz its gona pissoff someone

I would think a spear would be even harder to kill with than a bow and arrow

wonder what the season is on a spear cuz its very long (or at least it was) for bow [HTML_REMOVED] arrow

some of my buddies bought crossbows because the season was way longer than for using a rifle but the crossbow was relatively easy to become proficient at compared to a Bow

Aug. 17, 2016, 3:51 p.m.

Yup. Baiting is bullshit.

It's a daily occurrence in nbr

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 17, 2016, 4:46 p.m.

no different then hunting with a bow

than

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Aug. 17, 2016, 5:19 p.m.

I'm a bit confused with what people are angry about.

Is it the spear? in my opinion it's the same as a bow and if you think you can get a second shot with a bow well good luck…

Is it the bait? perfectly legal and used for all sort of animals not just bears.

Is it that he's happy and excited?

Government doing what they do best, pass laws and rules on things they know nothing about and internet judging things with no facts and knowledge.

there's probably a lot of people that have issues with the killing of bears/wildlife in general, but particularly if it's for sport. i think it's good that many hunters make food from their kills, but i question whether most hunters hunt with the main purpose of getting food.

myself in particular i don't have an issue with hunting if the main priority is for food, but it seems that taking the kill for food is often done due to regulations and not necessarily the intent of the hunter. i do have an issue with hunting mainly for sport though, and especially with baiting whether the kill is for food or not. you're right that baiting is legal in alberta, but of course it is illegal in bc and in the majority of jurisdictions that allow bear hunting.

you definitely seem to be in favour of hunting and baiting, so i'm curious as to why you think baiting is a fair or ethical means of hunting a bear?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 17, 2016, 5:34 p.m.

Hunting, yes. Baiting, no opinion but if it's legal who am I to judge. I see no difference whether it's a bear, fish, deer etc… and I'm a fly fisherman. My point is he did nothing illegal. Kind of regret posting my opinion, should of known better.