save the flashbang nutshot!

June 30, 2011, 10:30 a.m.

Yikes! This pure gold is in jeopardy. Hopefully it spreads to other video hosting sites soon.

http://www.am730.ca/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1450822

Rioters claim copyright infringement on Youtube
Vancouver/CKNW(AM980)
Brett Mineer Email news tips to Brett
6/30/2011

A twenty second Youtube video of a man gettting hit between the legs by a police stun gun grenade during Vancouver's riot has been pulled…kind of.

The video entitled "Flashing Nut Shot" was flagged for copyright infringement by the man featured in it.
Dave Texeira runs a website created to identify rioters.

"What criminals are now doing is they're claiming that they have copyright notice, or they're the copyright holder of the video because they appear in the video. So YouTube has been taking down videos in the last couple of days."

Texeria uploaded the video on behalf of a friend. He says if criminals were hoping they might be able to hide by making copyright cliams they're actually making themselves easier to find because Youtube notifies whoever uploaded the video.

"Basically what it says is, this person, and it lists his name, complained and so I actually have the personal information of the people complaining, and I will then be turning that info over to the police as well."

In an email Youtube says they are now reviewing their policies regarding videos from Vancouver's riot, but notes it could take fourteen days.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=flashbang+nutshot[HTML_REMOVED]sourceid=ie7[HTML_REMOVED]rls=com.microsoft:en-US[HTML_REMOVED]ie=utf8[HTML_REMOVED]oe=utf8[HTML_REMOVED]rlz=[HTML_REMOVED]redir_esc=[HTML_REMOVED]ei=FLIMTpPkDsLliAK14sDrDQ

June 30, 2011, 10:41 a.m.

Yikes! This pure gold is in jeopardy. Hopefully it spreads to other video hosting sites soon.

http://www.am730.ca/News/Local/Story.aspx?ID=1450822

http://www.google.ca/search?q=flashbang+nutshot[HTML_REMOVED]sourceid=ie7[HTML_REMOVED]rls=com.microsoft:en-US[HTML_REMOVED]ie=utf8[HTML_REMOVED]oe=utf8[HTML_REMOVED]rlz=[HTML_REMOVED]redir_esc=[HTML_REMOVED]ei=FLIMTpPkDsLliAK14sDrDQ

How dedicated are you to preserving this video? If it is destroyed will you put your nuts on the line to recreate the scene for filming? Will you? Huh?

June 30, 2011, 10:41 a.m.

Not sure that's how copyright works.

June 30, 2011, 10:45 a.m.

Not sure that's how copyright works.

apparently that's how it works in youtube

June 30, 2011, 11:34 a.m.

lol at the idiots who create more of a mess for themselves by "trying" to silence in the internet.

I donno about that article saying it makes the guy easier to find.

As far as I'm aware he didn't get caught doing anything other than being in the front of the crowd and I'd say he already got his just punishment.

But yea you shouldn't be able to upload videos of other people without their consent in my opinion.

Ah.. attempting to hide from the reality that he was a dumb ass for being stupid. So because old Clank… has had his pride singed because he was stupid. Now that he feels embarrassed for being stupid he wants to try and hide his stupidity.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 30, 2011, 11:38 a.m.

LOL - this is not how copyright works.

June 30, 2011, 11:45 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWleXh89Z9s

June 30, 2011, noon

lol - the guy who put the video on youtube received the full name address and other information about the guy in the video (from youtube because of the complaint)

lulz he sent to cops

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

June 30, 2011, 1:15 p.m.

I donno about that article saying it makes the guy easier to find.

As far as I'm aware he didn't get caught doing anything other than being in the front of the crowd and I'd say he already got his just punishment.

But yea you shouldn't be able to upload videos of other people without their consent in my opinion.

Not sure if its different over there, but its not against the law to film people in a public place sorry…

June 30, 2011, 1:37 p.m.

Not sure if its different over there, but its not against the law to film people in a public place sorry…

It's no different.

June 30, 2011, 1:43 p.m.

Yea i didn't actually look up the law, just shared my opinion and labeled it as such.

June 30, 2011, 1:46 p.m.

i think if you thought that through, you'd disagree with yourself

- no more showing someone ripping people off
-no more tmz (not that i give a shit)
- no showing someone getting arrested
- no more crimestoppers
- no posters of a "do you know this guy who robbed us?" (i know that is a pic, not a video but if vids are outlawed so would pics be

pretty much youtube would be people singing and realtors showing you houses

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

June 30, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

isn't whatever happens in public or that the public could have seen fair game to film [HTML_REMOVED]/or download ?

now if you try to make money from those images that would be different