Save our Rivers?

April 27, 2009, 1:02 p.m.

there is talk of doing one up clowhorn now on the ssc

There are two in the works up Clowhom right now.

April 27, 2009, 1:20 p.m.

Harrison Lake actually. A couple of our superintendents star in one of those Save our Rivers videos….haha.

It's a Kiewit project as well.

Whereabouts is that one? I'm going camping up that way this weekend about 2/3 of the way up the lake.

son?? your 15, you should just be glad ross isnt gay

April 27, 2009, 1:23 p.m.

Whereabouts is that one? I'm going camping up that way this weekend about 2/3 of the way up the lake.

4 different sites spread around the very north tip of the lake. The first site will be producing power as soon as the substation is ready…a matter of weeks, with the others not too far off.

Bicycles!

April 27, 2009, 2:05 p.m.

More RoR discussion from a couple of month back….

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=119141

April 27, 2009, 2:05 p.m.

^i take it you work up toba for peter keiwet?

not like the libs care about salmon though, look at all the fish farms on the ocean.

Werd.

They are in court now, trying to REVERSE the recent decision of giving juristiction to the feds, which would save a hell of a lot of salmon. Although, they said they respected the court's decision - yet now they are trying to reverse it.

"Ripping Styles, Holmes!"
- Tommy Guererro, Search for Animal Chin

April 27, 2009, 6:12 p.m.

I've already decided to vote green party.

Ndp is going to raise my taxes, Liberals will do whatever the fuck they want.

I would vote liberal except selling BC Rail really pissed me off. Just a personal thing.
But I think it's time green party got a shot.

April 27, 2009, 6:50 p.m.

I'm surprised that with the curent economic shit storm which was caused by deregulation and gread, that people still think corporations give a shit about anything but short term profit. hey have at it, vote for who ever you want, B.C. is at a compleat loss of real political choice.

toss in bill 30

http://qp.gov.bc.ca/38th4th/1st_read/gov30-1.htm

and we might be giving up all rights to public use of public land.

just a thought. happy trails, wink wink, nudge nudge.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

April 28, 2009, 8:31 a.m.

toss in bill 30

http://qp.gov.bc.ca/38th4th/1st_read/gov30-1.htm

and we might be giving up all rights to public use of public land.

just a thought. happy trails, wink wink, nudge nudge.

LOL, Did you even read Bill 30? From my skim, It basically says that you can't use it for industrial purposes without a permit, or rebuild, maintain or alter any road deemed a resource road without obtaining permits. The closest thing to "giving up all rights to public use of public land" that I read was that the government is allowed to obstruct a resource road when it's deemed unsafe (i.e. fire season)…. Maybe I'm missing something, post up the Section/subsection that you think is so offensive? …. Wink Wink, nudge nudge.

April 28, 2009, 11:21 a.m.

it depends what you chose to read into this.

29 (1) In prescribed circumstances, the designated maintainer of a resource road or a prescribed person may, and, at any time, the authority may,

(a) temporarily close the resource road, or

(b) restrict persons from using the resource road for specified purposes or for specified activities.

http://qp.gov.bc.ca/38th4th/1st_read/gov30-1.htm#section29

smarter people then me have put it all togeather.

http://cdn-static.viddler.com/flash/publisher.swf?key=32775fe3

but of course it's all subject to your point of view.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

April 28, 2009, 11:53 a.m.

it depends what you chose to read into this.

http://qp.gov.bc.ca/38th4th/1st_read/gov30-1.htm#section29

smarter people then me have put it all togeather.

http://cdn-static.viddler.com/flash/publisher.swf?key=32775fe3

but of course it's all subject to your point of view.

Not really. It's saying that whoever has the contract to maintain the road can close it temporarily, assumedly for repairs, or boot people out who are endangering wildlife, the road itself or themeselves. Which is pretty standard dude. I suppose if you're a paranoid conspiracy theorist, or someone looking to politicize a fairly standard bill during an election year, you can find fault in the wording. It's fairly similar to the section of the Forest Act governing Forest service roads. No one (with half a brain) looks at it as a gross violation of your rights as a Canadian when Forest service roads are closed during fire season to protect public property from sh*theads.

Edit*

Here is the section that involves road closures.

29__ (1) In prescribed circumstances, the designated maintainer of a resource road or a prescribed person may, and, at any time, the authority may,
(a) temporarily close the resource road, or
(b) restrict persons from using the resource road for specified purposes or for specified activities.
This is the section that outlines the circumstances---[HTML_REMOVED](2) The designated maintainer of a resource road or the authority may remove a motor vehicle, animal or thing from the resource road at the expense of the owner of the motor vehicle, animal or thing if the designated maintainer or the authority believes that the presence on the resource road of the motor vehicle, animal or thing may
(a) cause damage to the resource road or the environment,
(b) endanger
(i) human life, or
(ii) property, or
(C) prevent or impede a person from using the resource road for an activity authorized under this Act.
(3) A designated maintainer or prescribed person who, under subsection (1), temporarily closes a resource road or restricts its use must
(a) temporarily close the resource road or restrict its use in accordance with the regulations,
(b) promptly give notice of that temporary closure or restriction to
(i) the authority, and
(ii) any prescribed persons specified by the authority, and
(C) reopen the resource road or remove the restriction promptly after
(i) the justification for that temporary closure or restriction ceases to apply, or
(ii) the authority orders the reopening or removal.
(4) Unless authorized to do so under this Act or another enactment, a person must not
(a) use a resource road while the resource road is temporarily closed under this section, or
(b) use a resource road for a purpose or activity contrary to a restriction imposed under this section.
(5) Nothing in this section
(a) affects the right of a peace officer or the government, including without limitation, the authority, to use a resource road at any time, or
(b) authorizes the removal from a resource road of any motor vehicle, animal or thing of a peace officer or the government, including without limitation, the authority.

April 28, 2009, 12:24 p.m.

The way I see this, it's for safety as well. Do you think Joe Q. Public is allowed on active construction sites in the city without permission? Same goes for a these projects. One of those save our rivers society videos has them complaining about being stopped when they try to drive up to an intake. I see it as a safety issue, which believe it or not large construction projects do take very, very seriously.

Bicycles!

April 28, 2009, 12:36 p.m.

Here is some info for those of you that are interested in seeing through the smokescreen being put up by the BC Hydro union and the NDP.

http://www.plutonic.ca/i/pdf/transformations-issue-7.pdf

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

April 28, 2009, 5:22 p.m.

Carole James is a fucking idiot, bottom line. She has taken to flat-out whining at every oppurtunity and it is leaving her alienated by her own party. While the liberals may not be perfect, they are a hell of a lot more compforting to have than the NDP. Back to rivers: they're awesome. My boy gulevich airs over one in the collective.

April 28, 2009, 7:21 p.m.

I think the BC Liberals are too pro-business. For sure Campbell is a union-buster [HTML_REMOVED] that's not good. We need unions here in BC to keep up standards. Too much of the workforce in BC are forced [HTML_REMOVED] intimidated to do unsafe actions, work straight overtime etc. The provincial NDP needs a new leader. Someone who can talk without putting their foot in mouth.

Thread killer

April 28, 2009, 7:23 p.m.

I think the BC Liberals are too pro-business. For sure Campbell is a union-buster [HTML_REMOVED] that's not good. We need unions here in BC to keep up standards. Too much of the workforce in BC are forced [HTML_REMOVED] intimidated to do unsafe actions, work straight overtime etc. The provincial NDP needs a new leader. Someone who can talk without putting their foot in mouth.

bc needs work period.

Ha Ha! Made you look.