same sh*t different day

Jan. 10, 2009, 5:49 p.m.

yeah i should have. to bad i was hard on cash

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

I can mud bog farther, its s chevy

Jan. 10, 2009, 5:51 p.m.

aint that the truth.

i cant help you with your prob tho
could be fuel related or spark related
check your distribiutor cap and plugs..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 10, 2009, 6:46 p.m.

Sounds ignition related…Start with a tuneup and I can almost bet your problems will be solved

Replace your distributer cap and rotor, ignition wires, sparkplugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter… Might cost a couple hundred bucks but you'll save that in fuel in 6 months…

Jan. 10, 2009, 7:20 p.m.

aint that the truth.

i cant help you with your prob tho
could be fuel related or spark related
check your distribiutor cap and plugs..

this dude knows stuff.

Trucks and Guns.

Jan. 10, 2009, 7:29 p.m.

this dude knows stuff.

i dropped out of college for htis.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 11, 2009, 12:07 a.m.

Sounds ignition related…Start with a tuneup and I can almost bet your problems will be solved

Replace your distributer cap and rotor, ignition wires, sparkplugs, fuel filter, PCV valve, air filter… Might cost a couple hundred bucks but you'll save that in fuel in 6 months…

By tune up do you mean those "tune up" stores?

Distributer cap, ignition wires, spark plugs, fuel and air filters i can do. but what and where is my rotor and pcv valve?

Oh, I believe i said earlier that my oil cap was broken, well i broke it off with a screw driver and changed it, fucking dark and thick as chocolate syrup.

Geoff… you're not that much older then me. So did you ad Jeff switch places in the Canadian Military? cause he's on more than you these days. shit even Jake logs on now and then. you need to meet that kid.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions everyone. Im going to change my fuel filter first, i believe its in my tank, so it may have never been changed. I will also check my spark plugs and wires. I know for a fact that the air filter is good. I have a brand new fram on it.

Oh, did i say the check engine light comes on about every 2 or 3 miles then shuts off again?

It is the moments in between disaster that we must find joy and meaning to life.

Jan. 11, 2009, 1:38 a.m.

Take it to a shop that can read the computer to see why the lights coming on, it's probably an obdII based on the year of your pos. Could be something as simple as a bad O2 sensor telling your computer to do something with the air/fuel ratio.

Jan. 11, 2009, 2:35 a.m.

On second thought I am going to say gas can and matches

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

Jan. 11, 2009, 3:12 a.m.

Did you lease your truck? that might be the main problem right there…

anus

Jan. 11, 2009, 5:33 a.m.

should have bought a toyota

Man those jeeps are great.

Could be your EGR, MAP, TPS, idle screw, plugs, coils, timing, anything really. We need more specifics.

Jan. 11, 2009, 5:34 a.m.

maybe your out of gas?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 11, 2009, 5:38 a.m.

:lol: Awesome. Been not around for two days and here we go again. Another epic thread.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Jan. 11, 2009, 9:43 a.m.

change the air and fuel filters, and spark plugs and wires, replace the points and cap, adjust the timing and mess with the air and fuel intake ratios. That's about everything it could be. I'm a hack mechanic, but i get things to work.

Jan. 11, 2009, 10:54 a.m.

I had a similar problem with my 98 Chev the other day. Turned out We had the flux capacitor wired to the alternator wrong. Might want to check that out. Good luck.

Jan. 11, 2009, 10:58 a.m.

Did you lease your truck? that might be the main problem right there…

paid cash for it, the POS is mine now.
big_perm, it's full, I may not know what im doing but im not a woman.

philly56, I haven't seen a computer hook up under the steering wheel, But i know where the computer is so maybe it hooks directly up. We have a little hand held computer about the size of a super Nintendo at auto tech, is that what your talking about?