rwd trucks

April 3, 2015, 6:47 p.m.

Buddy has a Ranger Sport V6. Seems good. 2011 model for $12k with 45km, hard to go wrong when the alternative for the $ is an econo car.

April 3, 2015, 10:17 p.m.

Buddy has a Ranger Sport V6. Seems good. 2011 model for $12k with 45km, hard to go wrong when the alternative for the $ is an econo car.

The 4l v6 has timing chain issues that cost major bucks

April 3, 2015, 10:22 p.m.

Most 4x4s don't have limited slips or lockers so they are only 2wd when it counts anyway. The weight of the engine does help some and being able to steer a drive wheel can help too, but its not a huge deal.

Throw a spool in a little ranger, some good tires, and a couple lengths of 2x4 in the bed you'll go anywhere you need to be.

April 3, 2015, 11:58 p.m.

Had a 2wd Mazda B3000 (same as Ranger)… Used to shuttle all over the place in the Okanagan when I lived there, and Squamish and Fraser Valley (Vedder Mtn road is gnar and used to make it up that no problem). The truck was great, only got rid of it recently because it had issues.

Be aware they aren't great on gas. Last summer when gas was around $1.50, I was spending between $300 - $400 a month on gas….

3.0L V6 is pretty thirsty eh?

winch and a posi will get you alot of places ,

ground clearance helps as well my Taco is a Prerunner(2wd) model that i lifted 3" in the front and 1.5" in the rear , its on 31",s as well , when compared to my 02 Dakota it,s night and day off road

definitely only considering the trucks with some sort of factory lift

RWD is fine for maintained, active, logging roads. You will see all sorts of vehicles way in the outback, little hatchbacks, minivans, etc. I think ground clearance is likely more important than 4WD, plus winch for the odd time you do get yourself stuck.

oh a fwd car is capable for sure, it's just not a lot of fun when you have a lack of clearance, or your car still has decent paint and is otherwise garaged etc

Go for the Tacoma Pre runner. Comes with a rear locker and will last forever

Would love a first gen Tacoma, the market for them is just crazy though

I had a ranger 4x4 - lifted, posi, blah blah… it was a terrible 4x4 compared to my Toy (actual wheeling up trails and gnarl) It was, however, a much nicer vehicle for exploring FSR - Had more power and Alberta gears - great for high speed and covering lots of backroad mileage - seldom locked the hubs.

VW are awesome. I've never felt limited by access with a dub. Shuttled mount Sale in Revy with a Mk2 - shuttled Sumas countlees times at extreme speeds - so fun! Mk1's and 2's FTW

I'm pretty much just looking for something to be able to drive up fsrs faster, no serious off road. Don't want a Subie, VW etc though

Most 4x4s don't have limited slips or lockers so they are only 2wd when it counts anyway. The weight of the engine does help some and being able to steer a drive wheel can help too, but its not a huge deal.

Throw a spool in a little ranger, some good tires, and a couple lengths of 2x4 in the bed you'll go anywhere you need to be.

Good to know

April 4, 2015, 6:01 a.m.

Yah like 35 years ago we took the g/f's dads v6 Pinto over the Anderson Lake road to Goldbridge and beyond.
Good times baby!
You are all pikers. 'specialy dunkin'. ha.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

April 4, 2015, 3:26 p.m.

I drive a 2012 Chevy Colorado 2WD, great little mtb/dirtbike/motorcycle haulers, decent on gas, only real downside is low clearance as youd expect for a cartruck. Get snowtires for the winter and you'll be fine.

yeah bro!!

April 4, 2015, 5:24 p.m.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4953482243.html

Now that's sweet.

April 4, 2015, 5:46 p.m.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4953482243.html

Now that's sweet.

"At 242K this mid-sized beauty is just broken in"

:lol:

April 4, 2015, 6:14 p.m.

I managed to get our RWD V6 Toyota Pickup stuck in the car park of Different Bikes Burnaby once :rocker:

In my defence I had forgotten that some fresh gravel had been laid down and I reversed straight into the middle of it….. It's safe to say that with all the weight in the front and none in the back, rear wheel traction sucks ass though.

treezz
wow you are a ass

April 12, 2015, 9:37 p.m.

Just out of curiosity XxxEr did you ever try switching to the hybrid aluminum metal oil pan that the tuners use when they lower newer VWs?

After I kacked the second oil pan (which I convinced the town they should pay 737$ for) I instaled a skid plate for about 300 $ which is very easy to do

the thing i realized is that becuz the skid plate makes a lot of noise when you hit something you hit WAY more stuff than you realize with a stock plastic belly pan

does that pan fit on a TDI?

April 12, 2015, 9:45 p.m.

After I kacked the second oil pan (which I convinced the town they should pay 737$ for) I instaled a skid plate for about 300 $ which is very easy to do

the thing i realized is that becuz the skid plate makes a lot of noise when you hit something you hit WAY more stuff than you realize with a stock plastic belly pan

does that pan fit on a TDI?

Talk of the town at mc dicks… lots of folks burying their oil pans out front since the thaw.

…thats why we drive trucks up narth.

Pastor of Muppets

April 12, 2015, 9:59 p.m.

I drove a ford ranger to and from a drilling rig every day for 4 years. It had 2WD and slightly oversized tires with a leveling kit. Kicked the shit out of everything. Throw some weight in the back, get the 3L v6, and forget about having good fuel milage.

April 13, 2015, 4:45 p.m.

I have a 3.0l 2wd ranger with the extended cab and a posi in the back. Gets me up any roughish logging road I need to go with no problems. Doesn't seem that bad on gas so long as you're not expecting prius mileage, but it's fucking death in snow and ice.

April 14, 2015, 7:16 a.m.

I have a 3.0l 2wd ranger with the extended cab and a posi in the back. Gets me up any roughish logging road I need to go with no problems. Doesn't seem that bad on gas so long as you're not expecting prius mileage, but it's fucking death in snow and ice.

Totally forgot about that….

I don't think it really matters what tires you have, or how much weight is in the back… Driving one of these 2wd Rangers/Mazda's in the winter is scary. Went over the Coq and Connector a few times in the winter, fearing life.

April 14, 2015, 9:46 a.m.

I also have road tires on mine. Some chunkier nobbies might help a bit I guess.