Russia

April 27, 2022, 1:51 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: Mic

What's you guys' take on Russia's more and more open threat of nuclear warfare, and accusing the NATO of fueling a proxy war?

It's a bluff IMO, but you need a really high level of confidence to call him on it so it will have Putin's desired effect of keeping the west from doing more than we already are.  Putin knows the west could crush his army in an afternoon so being the crazy nuclear guy is all he has.

Let's hope that your sentiment is true. 

Meanwhile, some weird shit is going down in Transnistria, a pro-Russian part of Moldova. Strategically its location is interesting, rhetorically the Russian government is using more or less the same statements as before the invasion of Ukraine.

Here is a map for people like me that totally already knew where it was but needed a little refresher.

May 18, 2022, 9:31 a.m.

Speculative, but would explain a lot.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-oligarch-recorded-saying-putin-has-blood-cancer-report-says-2022-5

(I know it's based on hearsay, but it's no worse than any of the counterpunch articles)

May 18, 2022, 1:44 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-oligarch-recorded-saying-putin-has-blood-cancer-report-says-2022-5

(I know it's based on hearsay, but it's no worse than any of the counterpunch articles)

It would explain why he was so scared of getting COVID.  People have speculated that he looked ill at the Victory Day dog and pony show but maybe it's just wishful thinking.

May 18, 2022, 2:34 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Lots of speculation. I was a bit shocked last time I saw images of him, he certainly looks like he's sporting 'moon face', which is a common side effect of Prednisone.

May 21, 2022, 9:03 a.m.

https://youtu.be/ZEg6Ht2pNH0

May 21, 2022, 9:32 a.m.

May 24, 2022, 10:05 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

LMAO.  Classic Bush.  I think my favourite is still "put food on your family", but this one is much more Freudian.

June 2, 2022, 7:45 p.m.

Apparently Putin has advanced cancer & survived an assassination attempt last March.

June 3, 2022, 8:59 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Apparently Putin has advanced cancer & survived an assassination attempt last March.

I want to believe, but I just don't know what can be believed.  We are in an information war with Russia so casting doubt on his future as well as making it seem like people on the inside are trying to kill him could be a great rumour to spread.  His face does look he has been through something that caused a lot of inflammation though.  Norm MacDonald had a similar look before he died.

June 3, 2022, 10:39 a.m.

I want to believe, but I just don't know what can be believed. We are in an information war with Russia so casting doubt on his future as well as making it seem like people on the inside are trying to kill him could be a great rumour to spread. His face does look he has been through something that caused a lot of inflammation though. Norm MacDonald had a similar look before he died.

Moon-face (Cushing's syndrome) is a side-effect of some common steroids common in cancer treatments.

Last edited by: Schnickelfritz on June 3, 2022, 10:39 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 25, 2022, 9:45 p.m.

Mearsheimer himself says in that video that there are only a few people that agree with him.

Looks like there are at least five.

Last edited by: syncro on July 25, 2022, 9:52 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
July 26, 2022, 10:06 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Mearsheimer himself says in that video that there are only a few people that agree with him.

Hahaha.  I wonder how much he enjoys the company they have put him with.  

WTF happened to Greenwald?  He is a regular on Tucker's show now.

July 27, 2022, 10:16 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Hahaha.  I wonder how much he enjoys the company they have put him with.  

WTF happened to Greenwald?  He is a regular on Tucker's show now.

Dude definitely got flipped by Russian intelligence at some point, maybe by Snowden himself, or one of Snowden's handlers after he fled to Russia?

July 27, 2022, 5:42 p.m.

Move over St. Javelin and say hello to St. HIMAR

July 27, 2022, 8:31 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Move over St. Javelin and say hello to St. HIMAR

Yep. Though for those who are curious HIMAR is the wheeled version of the M270 MLRS of Desert Storm fame.  Fires the same artillery rockets as the MLRS just on a cheaper platform aka truck.