Russia

March 4, 2022, 7:28 a.m.

Russian government announced earlier.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/russia-s-offer-to-foreign-firms-stay-leave-or-hand-over-the-keys/ar-AAUBglQ?ocid=msedgntp

March 4, 2022, 10:39 a.m.

It is incredibly sad, but attacking the people of a country is part of warfare's sick and twisted logic.

Incredibly true....

During these eight years, the Ukrainian Armed Forces and Azov have used artillery, snipers and assassination teams to systematically butcher more than 5,000 people (another 8,000 were wounded) — mostly civilians — in the Donetsk Peoples Republic, according to the leader of the DPR, who provided these figures in a press conference recently. In the Luhansk People’s Republic, an additional 2,000 civilians were killed and 3,365 injured. The total number of people killed and wounded in Donbass since 2014 is more than 18,000. - Steven Starr is the former director of the University of Missouri’s Clinical Laboratory Science Program, and former board member of Physicians for Social Responsibility.

Aaaaaand...you find that entire article a consortiumnews.

Last edited by: tungsten on March 4, 2022, 11:16 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 4, 2022, 11:28 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten

according to the leader of the DPR, who provided these figures....

Is there any 3rd party verification of that?

March 4, 2022, 11:44 a.m.

Ok, so we are the bad guys for giving the dude that lives besides an angry mama bear a spear?  Isn't the narrative the same as the reality and the bear is going to kill the dude with the spear?  And doesn't this make the point that Ukrainians should align with the humans and Russia is an unpredictable animal?  

I think this guy needs to go back to joke school.

March 4, 2022, 11:52 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Ok, so we are the bad guys for giving the dude that lives besides an angry mama bear a spear?  Isn't the narrative the same as the reality and the bear is going to kill the dude with the spear?  And doesn't this make the point that Ukrainians should align with the humans and Russia is an unpredictable animal?  

Probably didn't translate from Russian to English well.

March 4, 2022, 3:15 p.m.

You made me actually lol for my dog to hear.

March 4, 2022, 5:39 p.m.

No.  We are going after an angry mama bear with a spear when instead we should be using a .375 magnum rifle or 1.25 ounce magnum slug from a shotgun.  Putin will stop at nothing to get what he wants.  If you want an idea of what is coming, find a copy of the movie Threads from the UK made in 1983.  It is about nuclear war and is the most realistic depiction I can think of and I have seen them all.  Consider this film a documentary and put yourself in it for a real wake up call.

March 5, 2022, 8:56 a.m.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-friday-edition-1.6373404/putin-s-veiled-nuclear-threats-a-sign-of-weakness-says-former-russian-foreign-minister-1.6373704

Knowing Vladimir Putin, does it surprise you at all that he is showing little willingness to compromise right now?

It does not.

He miscalculated both the Ukrainian resistance and actually the fact that the Ukrainians, [while] being Russian brothers, are a separate and proud nation. And he miscalculated the Western resolve to stand against him.

But he wants to kind of save as much as he can from this adventure. And that's why he resorts to nuclear threats.

All this is acts of desperation, because you can't resort to nuclear threats unless you are in a very desperate position. So it's not a sign of strength; it's a sign of weakness.

March 5, 2022, 11:44 a.m.

Posted by: blackfly

No.  We are going after an angry mama bear with a spear when instead we should be using a .375 magnum rifle or 1.25 ounce magnum slug from a shotgun.  Putin will stop at nothing to get what he wants.  If you want an idea of what is coming, find a copy of the movie Threads from the UK made in 1983.  It is about nuclear war and is the most realistic depiction I can think of and I have seen them all.  Consider this film a documentary and put yourself in it for a real wake up call.

I remember seeing it at school in social sciences and is still seriously disturbing, as is a book by German-speaking author Hoimar von Ditfurth who has described the dangers of nuclear warfafe in a very detailed and realistic manner in his 1985, the title of which roughly translates to "So let us plant an aappletree". 

Ultimately, all of us do not know what is going to happen in the next few days, weeks, months or years. The probability is there, but in the end we do not know it. 

Apparently, Putin has said that sanctions are synonymous to a declaratiom of war, so I guess sooner or later we know what we all are in for.

March 5, 2022, 11:50 a.m.

https://twitter.com/LanceUSA70/status/1499842465007915021

March 5, 2022, 11:52 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Ultimately, all of us do not know what is going to happen in the next few days, weeks, months or years. The probability is there, but in the end we do not know it. 

Apparently, Putin has said that sanctions are synonymous to a declaratiom of war, so I guess sooner or later we know what we all are in for.

So if this is the beginning of the end of the human party here on planet earth, how are people going to spend their time over the next few years?

March 5, 2022, 12:21 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

https://twitter.com/LanceUSA70/status/1499842465007915021

Spot on.

March 5, 2022, 12:24 p.m.

So if this is the beginning of the end of the human party here on planet earth, how are people going to spend their time over the next few years?

https://youtu.be/9jq6e8s1sik

March 5, 2022, 3:29 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

Ima go campin at the beach and crush a few beers.

March 5, 2022, 7:18 p.m.

the world is against them, I think Russia has become so much a part of western civilization under embargo they will be unable to do all kinds of things they took for granted,

how does russia sell aeroflot tickets, how does aeroflot do regular maintenace on jets ?

there is a steel plant in manitoba owned by oligarchs just waiting to be embargo'ed

the ruble lost a bunch of rubalige

the oligarchs have moved mega yacht to the maldives cuz there is no extradion treaty

either too many domino's falling or maybe Putin didnt completely think this thru,

Russia fucked up in afghanistan, Ukraine might be his next Vietnam ?