Russia

March 1, 2022, 6:35 p.m.

While that all makes sense I still don't understand why you would send your worst units in if you're trying to achieve a swift victory. 

These Russian kids are literally abandoning trucks full of weapons and ammo....

March 1, 2022, 7:33 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

One never sees this level of critical analysis of the protagonist when amerika unilaterally, or NATO at amerika's behest, butt rapes a soveriegn country.

Russia has a free and independent press that is free to criticize the self-appointed ruler of said country.

Unlike here where anyone remotely critical of Biden or Trudeau go straight to the gulag.

March 1, 2022, 8:25 p.m.

^^ 😆 😆 😆

March 2, 2022, 4:15 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

While that all makes sense I still don't understand why you would send your worst units in if you're trying to achieve a swift victory. 

These Russian kids are literally abandoning trucks full of weapons and ammo....

If you look at the Annexing of the Donbass and Belarus falling inline Putin and Russian planners expected it to be easy. And it shows as clearly military planners did not give the Ukranian Army the respect they should have.

Now while I didn't waste my time reading most posts full of the usual conspiracy drivel. So may have missed if it was mentioned but it should be noted that Belarus and Ukraine are two of the three founding members of the USSR a hundred years ago this December. December 1922 was when the Ukraine SR and Belarus SR joined the Russian SR to create the USSR.

March 2, 2022, 5:31 p.m.

Horrible day today. 

Russia released casualty figures for the first time. 500 dead 1500 wounded. There's also the potential this could be much higher. 

Russia doesn't seem tobe pussy footing around anymore. Lot of apartment blocks in Kharkiv in flames. Ukraine is reporting hundreds of civilians dead. 

100k Russian soldiers are in the country now. 70% habe no food or fuel or both.

March 2, 2022, 7:25 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

December 1922 was when the Ukraine SR and Belarus SR joined the Russian SR to create the USSR.

I did not know that.

Within hours of it starting and recalling Putin a few times stating he misses the old days of the USSR and such.  Looked it up and found that info.  Which  makes one consider that he wants that back and while certainly has had many oppurtunity to do invade and reclaim Ukraine as part of whatever he wants to call it now. And doing it the year the USSR would have been a 100 years maybe he sees it as some goal to "Re-unite" it all.

March 2, 2022, 7:41 p.m.

Posted by: Endurimil

And doing it the year the USSR would have been a 100 years maybe he sees it as some goal to "Re-unite" it all.

No. Putin is a pragmatist. Not a madman. Unless you talk to Red.

Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain - Vladimir Putin

Putin: Crazy Like a Fox? @ consortiumnews DOT com

March 2, 2022, 7:48 p.m.

So the decision to invade a foreign democratic sovereign nation is Pragmatic.

Got it.

March 2, 2022, 7:54 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Add in Zelensky appears to have ..... opening the borders to unvetted foreign volunteers. 

So if you want to dig there's apparently a list of participating mercenary organizations here..... http://privatemilitary.org/home.html

March 2, 2022, 8:10 p.m.

So may have missed if it was mentioned but it should be noted that Belarus and Ukraine are two of the three founding members of the USSR a hundred years ago this December. December 1922 was when the Ukraine SR and Belarus SR joined the Russian SR to create the USSR.

I think Russia might have had a bit of a hand in the Ukraine joining.  Check the history.

March 2, 2022, 9:01 p.m.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RUOligarchJets

https://mobile.twitter.com/PutinJet

Oh, If I only had a twatter account…

Source:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-teenager-who-tracks-elon-musks-plane-has-a-new-obsession-monitoring-russian-oligarchs-vladimir-putin-11646170938

Last edited by: heckler on March 2, 2022, 9:03 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2022, 1:51 a.m.

So with the plans to seize Ukraine off to a poor start, Putin decides to go to a fortune teller for advice.

The fortune teller doesn't have much to say to Putin except to tell him that he'll die on a Ukrainian holiday.

Putin doesn't believe this and says to the fortune teller "How do you know?"

The fortune teller replies "Any day you die will be a Ukrainian holiday."

March 4, 2022, 1:54 a.m.

Cluster bombs in residential areas.  FAEs.  Bombing a  nuclear power plant.  Missiles and artillery shells into apartment complexes.

Putin has lost it.

March 4, 2022, 2:39 a.m.

Posted by: switch

Cluster bombs in residential areas. FAEs. Bombing a nuclear power plant. Missiles and artillery shells into apartment complexes.

Putin has lost it.

While I agree with your sentiment on Putin, I might have to say that this has been the very nature of war since the advance of technological progress. Some historians argue that the civilian population have started to become victims since the advent of mechanized warfare during the US American Civil War, others say that this has been fact and grim reality in antiquity and in the early stages of modernity. The middle ages at least in Europe might be considered a sort of outlier, but even then troops pillaged the countryside.

It is incredibly sad, but attacking the people of a country is part of warfare's sick and twisted logic.

Last edited by: Mic on March 4, 2022, 11:32 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2022, 7:15 a.m.

Posted by: switch

So may have missed if it was mentioned but it should be noted that Belarus and Ukraine are two of the three founding members of the USSR a hundred years ago this December. December 1922 was when the Ukraine SR and Belarus SR joined the Russian SR to create the USSR.

I think Russia might have had a bit of a hand in the Ukraine joining.  Check the history.

Most likely right. Didn't dig to deeply as was that night it started had a weird hunch about anniversaries and what countries founded the USSR. And didn't feel like wandering down the rabbit hole.....have had way to much conspiracy crap lately.