Rush inducted in to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Dec. 13, 2012, 10:16 a.m.

Recent 1 hour interview by Jian Ghomeshi of Lee and Lifeson. They are both so unassuming and humble. Seem almost embarrassed to be talking about themselves and their music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt1YBFmsXSs

Dec. 13, 2012, 11:17 a.m.

Oh, and episode of Trailer Park Boys where they kidnap Alex Lifeson is off the charts funny. Especially when you see Lifeson is trying so hard not to burst out lol'ing most of the time.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 13, 2012, 11:37 a.m.

Recent 1 hour interview by Jian Ghomeshi of Lee and Lifeson. They are both so unassuming and humble. Seem almost embarrassed to be talking about themselves and their music.

thanks for posting that…loving Q lately, Jian has a great way of interviewing people, really enjoy the show

Dec. 13, 2012, 12:38 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqYkBFSva4

Kn.

Dec. 13, 2012, 3:40 p.m.

to be fair, they are talking about rush, so they are likely bored.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Dec. 13, 2012, 5:43 p.m.

You guys do realize that one day, Nickleback will also be inducted to the hall of fame,right?

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 13, 2012, 7:03 p.m.

You guys do realize that one day, Nickleback will also be inducted to the hall of fame,right?

that doesn't mean they're good

Jan. 8, 2013, 6:53 p.m.

Just watching a video of Rush playing Xanadu live. OMG, Geddy is playing the bass, synth. (with his feet) [HTML_REMOVED] singing all at the same time. Such talented musicians.

Thread killer

Jan. 8, 2013, 7:49 p.m.

Subdivisions was great to see live.

I would have liked to seem them play 2112 from start to finish.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 8, 2013, 8:12 p.m.

Did you guys see that rock doc on rush on muchmoremusic over the holidays? It was pretty sweet. Neal peart is the man.

Jan. 8, 2013, 8:19 p.m.

Subdivisions was great to see live.

Hey, I was there….

Jan. 8, 2013, 8:23 p.m.

Did you guys see that rock doc on rush on muchmoremusic over the holidays? It was pretty sweet. Neal peart is the man.

Beyond the Lighted Stage? No … don't get that channel, but I'm gonna have to watch it sometime.

Jan. 8, 2013, 8:25 p.m.

Beyond the Lighted Stage? No … don't get that channel, but I'm gonna have to watch it sometime.

Ya that might have been it. Rush's career was divided into 8 or 9 parts, and it was awesome to see the progression. Pearl jam's doc wasn't nearly as interesting.

Jan. 8, 2013, 9:33 p.m.

Hey, I was there….

Can't remember the year, but it was early 80s at the Coliseum.

It's getting played a lot on cable TV. Pretty sure it was released on Blu-ray. IMDB rates it an 8.3.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 8, 2013, 9:49 p.m.

Huge Rush fan I was in my teens and twenties. Had every album (on vinyl, of course) up to Power Windows, including both live albums up to that time. Even had a first pressing of Hemispheres on red vinyl. All my albums were stolen about 4 years ago - yah I was pissed.

Went to see them live at Maple Leaf Gardens for the Grace Under Pressure tour, man was I stoked for that one! Small town hick in T dot for his first major rock concert! My uni roommate had a brother in RCC with connections, so we got fantastic seats in the gold section just off stage left. I think tickets were a monstrous $25 per at the time!

Lost interest in the group with release of Power Windows - just didn't get the same kick out of a single song on the album. "Big Money" was supposed to be the best song and I found it weak and uninspiring.

Some of their new stuff sounds pretty neat, but I've just moved on - music is all about finding new sounds to experience and enjoy. Can't begrudge Rush for doing the same and experimenting with different sounds, but their path wasn't the same as mine.

Kn.