Running - how to train?

Oct. 27, 2008, 11:12 a.m.

Don't sign up for stupid company events that involve running?

this is the best advice

australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.

Oct. 28, 2008, 7:01 p.m.

buy a stick it will make you feel better
thestick.com

brokezors

Nov. 16, 2008, 6:03 p.m.

Got the shoes, did the first run. I got to say that the whole run-walk thing makes it for a really easy and enjoyable jog. Thanks.

all investing is is a type of arbitrage, and thats not gambling. theres an element of risk and potential of profit involved, but those are broad and dont qualify somthing as gambling.

most Christians I know, myself included, would say that science is the way through which we learn about everything that God has created, but we learn at the pace which he sets for us.

Nov. 16, 2008, 6:18 p.m.

Some tips from Coach Bowerman,,

1. Obey the hard- easy rule. You'll build fitness faster if you do 3 hard runs and 3 easy runs per week.

2. Practice rational goal setting

3. Treat yourself as an eperiment of one. Don't blindly copy the way others train. Try new workouts and methods often;keep those that work for you and discard the rest.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 16, 2008, 11:59 p.m.

Glad to hear it..as long as it's fun it's all good! Enjoy!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Nov. 17, 2008, 9:20 a.m.

I've been running on and off for the last month or so now and started using the walk/run method, didn't time the intervals or anything, just ran for a bit till my legs got sore then walked then ran, etc. I found it easier running off-road too as the ground has a bit of give and it should have less impact on your muscles. Protein Shake or chocolate milkshake after your run might help the recovery process too. Burnaby Lake Loop is around 10km if you want to see if and how fast you can do it.

Nov. 17, 2008, 9:22 a.m.

PS. it does become strangely enjoyable once you start to get better at it and you can keep running.

Nov. 17, 2008, 10:11 a.m.

Burnaby Lake Loop is around 10km if you want to see if and how fast you can do it.

I love that loop. I haven't run longer than 10-15 minutes in ages, but decided to drag my ass out on Sat and run that loop since it was the first sunny day in ages. Pretty decent time too. My shoes are completely shot though.

This space intentionally left blank.