rossland/trail/castlegar - the kootenays - for living

Dec. 23, 2016, 8:19 p.m.

one comment i overheard one day while in castlegar resonated. the jist was don't move to a place and start trying to change things so they match what they were back home. sit back and take it all in before spouting off about how locals should act, city council should act, etc…

And for the love of Fuck don't move next to a race track or gun range and then complain about the noise.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 23, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

I did 10 yrs in peeg which was a good thing for work and outdoor pursuits

and the last 10 in smithers

got family in both those areas , we have no real interest in either areas

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 23, 2016, 11:19 p.m.

got family in both those areas , we have no real interest in either areas

Don't blame you. There are nicer places.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 24, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

Well where do you see or have opportunity has always been the big question to answer in my moves

I should point out that damn near anywhere you move beyond hope is gona have cold weather/snow

Dec. 24, 2016, 10:08 a.m.

Well where do you see or have opportunity has always been the big question to answer in my moves

I should point out that damn near anywhere you move beyond hope is gona have cold weather/snow

Truthfully I know I can,t avoid the ice and snow , as for a local I want a spot already known for biking and has some race event that comes thrun . Right now the top of the list is Golden and Rossland area . Work wise I am a Machinist but have my own equipment as well so I can support myself .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 24, 2016, 10:37 a.m.

Kamloops. Its becoming the hub for mountain biking outside of the coastal areas. We have a very progressive advocacy group, untapped trail potential, awesome trails surrounding the city (and growing every year), an excellent racing scene, and soon to have manufacturing as well.
:shhh:

Dec. 24, 2016, 12:04 p.m.

Kamloops. Its becoming the hub for mountain biking outside of the coastal areas. We have a very progressive advocacy group, untapped trail potential, awesome trails surrounding the city (and growing every year), an excellent racing scene, and soon to have manufacturing as well.
:shhh:

whats a heavily forested area to live around there , I live in Whonnock between Maple Ridge and Mission and would like similar type surroundings just with more land at a better price . I don,t mind living 1/2 to 45min from the city core either rural is way better well, septic no problem on it already

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 24, 2016, 12:06 p.m.

Kamloops is deserty…not heavily forested from what I have seen.

Dec. 24, 2016, 12:12 p.m.

You've missed of some of Kamloops' best then. Lots of forested riding, some of the funnest I've ridden.

Dec. 24, 2016, 12:59 p.m.

Kamloops has two seasons. There's 50 weeks of brown, and two weeks of green.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 24, 2016, 1:55 p.m.

Truthfully I know I can,t avoid the ice and snow , as for a local I want a spot already known for biking and has some race event that comes thrun . Right now the top of the list is Golden and Rossland area . Work wise I am a Machinist but have my own equipment as well so I can support myself .

There are mtn biking trails EVERYWHERE in BC nowdays aslot of them paid for with your tax dollar, I was at a party and someone was talking about a guy building trails in 2mile just out of old Hazelton …wtf?!

If you really wana skip the cold weather I am assuming the island is somewhere you wana look cuz being close to the water is usually warmer which is why Vancover is warm which is why my people are bringing their laundered money to buy up all the RE

Vernon is pretty nice maybe out towards Cherryvale, you get a little below zero weather but not like up here which is a whole nuther degree of cold

Dec. 24, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

Kamloops has two seasons. There's 50 weeks of brown, and two weeks of green.

that,s my impression as well from what I have seen and heard if the area is similar to Ashcroft and Cache Creek , it,s too desertish for my us .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 24, 2016, 2:48 p.m.

There are mtn biking trails EVERYWHERE in BC nowdays aslot of them paid for with your tax dollar, I was at a party and someone was talking about a guy building trails in 2mile just out of old Hazelton …wtf?!

If you really wana skip the cold weather I am assuming the island is somewhere you wana look cuz being close to the water is usually warmer which is why Vancover is warm which is why my people are bringing their laundered money to buy up all the RE

Vernon is pretty nice maybe out towards Cherryvale, you get a little below zero weather but not like up here which is a whole nuther degree of cold

no ferries my parents are in Egmont and they curse the ferry service so the Island is out 100% SSC maybe if they do the road around that would open that up .

Vernon , will look into that area as well thanks for the suggestion .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 24, 2016, 4 p.m.

You've missed of some of Kamloops' best then. Lots of forested riding, some of the funnest I've ridden.

I haven't spent much time there. That may change in the future.

Dec. 24, 2016, 4:19 p.m.

Just bought a place in Vernon. Got it in September so still haven't ridden too much. First weekend got dropped off up top, rode some xc up on Silver Star then rode back to the cabin the entire way on trail and fire road. Took about an hour and a half.

Can't wait to explore more.