rossland/trail/castlegar - the kootenays - for living

Oct. 22, 2021, 6:12 a.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

I'm getting over the endless traffic jams/commutes to and from almost everywhere.

Lol I loved crew changes in Port Hardy. 3 hour drive and I'd have to pass maybe 3 cars along the way. One time I had nobody in front of me as soon as I left CR till the 4 way stop in Hardy that was a good run.

Trail kinda reminded me of an old timey East German town in the ore mountain regions without the good food but all of the pollution. I kinda liked it in that masochistic I will probably get cancer from the smelter kinda vibe.

Oct. 22, 2021, 11:11 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Trail kinda reminded me of an old timey East German town in the ore mountain regions without the good food but all of the pollution. I kinda liked it in that masochistic I will probably get cancer from the smelter kinda vibe.

In the 60's 70's my dad used to boss steelworkers from Trail and he said they did crazy things implying the lead had affected their brains. I think the pollution is cleaned up a bit since then but I don't think I would want to live there long term

Oct. 23, 2021, 8:17 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: Adam-West

In the 60's 70's my dad used to boss steelworkers from Trail and he said they did crazy things implying the lead had affected their brains. I think the pollution is cleaned up a bit since then but I don't think I would want to live there long term

The last time that I was in Trail (years ago) you could still see the damage the smelter had done when looking at the surrounding hills. Sad

Oct. 23, 2021, 8:43 a.m.

and don't forget alot of it has grown back, Sudbury had the same thing going on

Oct. 25, 2021, 10:05 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

and don't forget alot of it has grown back, Sudbury had the same thing going on

Back in the 60s, NASA used the dead zone around the Sudbury refineries for training astronauts and testing buggies for the moon landing.

Oct. 25, 2021, 11:43 a.m.

yeah I heard that ^^ I drove thru Sudbury in the 80's and it wasnt so bad by then,

Last edited by: XXX_er on Oct. 25, 2021, 11:45 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 3, 2022, 9:19 p.m.

Is there freight forwarding businesses located on the US border near Rossland/Trail area?