Rooted android phones.

Dec. 10, 2011, 6 p.m.

Well im pretty chuffed with myself. Proud new owner of a S2. Picked it up this arvo from the bell store in the vill. $670 all in, now I just gotta learn how to use the thing haha!

Anyone have issues with connection between this Kies program and their phones? Fk knows why it won't connect for me..

Kies is kinda lame, to be honest the best part about the s2 is that you dont need to use Kies.

One thing you will want asap is either to get a tasker profile or a new rom to avoid ur phone from waking you up in the middle of the night to tell you its charged.

Edit visual aid added

Dec. 10, 2011, 6:16 p.m.

Don't have to use Kies hey? Just get myself a memory card and transfer things that way or what?

What do u mean by the second part? I think I have alot of reading up to do to learn bout this phone :D :D

Dec. 10, 2011, 7:10 p.m.

You need to install keis off the bat because it comes with all the drivers for recognizing your phone when u plug it into your comp. just like a primter mouse or anything else you plug into a comp. After tjat you can just use windows explorer to look into your phone like its a usb drive and copy and paste things in and out. when you unplug the phone ot will search for any new media added all on its ownown and add it to show up on ur music player/ photo gallery. Keis can be handy to do backups or auto synching. and can also synch stuff to your phone over wifi if you cant be bothered to plug it in. Personally I use titanium backup pro app instead.

Second part is the most annoying "feature" to ever grace a device. If you go to sleep without your phone on silent theres an alert that will go off once your battery is fully charged. Theres a couple options for workarounds and i can pm you the options later if you like.

Dec. 10, 2011, 9:33 p.m.

Oh sweet, yeah man sounds good! Whats the best places for getting decent apps from aswell?

Dec. 10, 2011, 9:36 p.m.

Just picked up my new Galaxy Nexus….Android 4.0 is soo smooth. So different too. going to be playing with all the new stuff all night to get everything set up just right. Then when Cyanogenmod 9 comes it will be a whole new ball game yet again.

Love it.

Dec. 11, 2011, 12:25 p.m.

Oh sweet, yeah man sounds good! Whats the best places for getting decent apps from aswell?

PM'd if you gots any other questions about the galaxy s2 just give me a shout. I spent a bit too much time playing with this thing already and would be happy to speed up your learning curve.

Dec. 12, 2011, 12:36 a.m.

Well im pretty chuffed with myself. Proud new owner of a S2. Picked it up this arvo from the bell store in the vill. $670 all in, now I just gotta learn how to use the thing haha!

Anyone have issues with connection between this Kies program and their phones? Fk knows why it won't connect for me..

Kies is horrible. Probably written by a janitor at Samsung. Some really dummb paradigms that are likely offshoots of the Unix programming mentatility.

It's hit and miss with getting it to connect to your phone. The latest version from Samsung seemed to work OK on Win7 x64.

But the drivers should allow you to connect your phone as a mass storage device that's visible via explorer, or in a worst case scenario still allow you access via programs like ADB.

If you can root your phone get Titanium backup. It will backup everything, like iTunes does with an iPhone.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 13, 2011, 1:06 p.m.

Just picked up my new Galaxy Nexus….Android 4.0 is soo smooth. So different too. going to be playing with all the new stuff all night to get everything set up just right. Then when Cyanogenmod 9 comes it will be a whole new ball game yet again.

Love it.

Super jealous! I've just reserved mine. Apparently Rogers isn't going to have them in stock until January…. :(

Dec. 13, 2011, 1:14 p.m.

Love it.

Can't wait to get mine! Too bad Verizon is really screwing the pooch on this release. Supposedly it might come out Thursday, but after all the other "mis-launches" who knows…

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Dec. 13, 2011, 2:28 p.m.

Super jealous! I've just reserved mine. Apparently Rogers isn't going to have them in stock until January…. :(

I dropped Rogers and went over to Virgin for it. So far so good.

Dec. 13, 2011, 2:44 p.m.

wished I had a Galaxy 2s…sexy phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVkH9Hgvda4