Rob Ford (Toronto mayor) kicked from office.

June 5, 2013, 8:42 a.m.

No … your conclusions are right on. I suppose I'm being a bit irreverent in my presentation, but anyone using simple logic has to conclude that there is (or at least was) a video.

There is a slim chance it was faked, but given the fallout (eg., key staff members leaving "on principle") and Ford's lack of a convincing response, I doubt it.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 5, 2013, 8:43 a.m.

^ makes sense to me…

June 5, 2013, 8:50 a.m.

There is a slim chance it was faked, but given the fallout (eg., key staff members leaving "on principle") and Ford's lack of a convincing response, I doubt it.

That "how-to-fake-a-video" raised some good points, but a looping, silent 2-second sampled then superposed animated image does not come close to faking a 90-second video that requires actions, dialog, mouth movements and nuances of body language/conversation be CGI-ed.

June 5, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

the part where the key staffers are leaving is the big give away..those are sweet jobs to walk away from..

him and his brother and pure hustlers ..thats all..im not saying i dont like them…

i wish i was mayor of TO. i'd make the news too.!

June 5, 2013, 11:28 a.m.

its pretty obvious the guy parties too hard to be in office. i believe there was a video and he "somehow" made it go away. either bribes or bullets..

Wow! Just wow! Without any evidence, just conjecture from a rag that has had a hard on for Ford since day one and people are ready to find him guilty. Really hope none of you get called in for jury duty. I guess none of you are capable of rational objective comprehension. Logic? Right…

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

June 5, 2013, 11:33 a.m.

Once you get past your hatred of the TO Star, have a read of the articles that National Post and Globe and Mail are printing. Start with the G[HTML_REMOVED]M article I linked above.

Since those have confirmed "right wing" bias in their reporting I assume they carry more weight?

Kn.

June 5, 2013, 11:36 a.m.

Glad to see the Circle Jerk with KenN is going a stroke.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 5, 2013, 11:56 a.m.

Once you get past your hatred of the TO Star, have a read of the articles that National Post and Globe and Mail are printing. Start with the G[HTML_REMOVED]M article I linked above.

Since those have confirmed "right wing" bias in their reporting I assume they carry more weight?

Kn.

I've never even read the star prior to the ford fiasco. I just couldn't wrap my head around how a rag can forgo basic journalistic integrity to publicly trash their mayor to such a degree.

Besides conjecture from the two reporters who have shown considerable bias against ford in the past no one has seen the video. Doesn't it strike you as odd that there's so much paper and time wasted on something that is likely a hoax? There's much bigger issues our msm should be focusing on.
Can you only looks at the facts of an issue without inserting your own impressions?

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

June 5, 2013, 12:15 p.m.

I've never even read the star prior to the ford fiasco. I just couldn't wrap my head around how a rag can forgo basic journalistic integrity to publicly trash their mayor to such a degree.

Besides conjecture from the two reporters who have shown considerable bias against ford in the past no one has seen the video. Doesn't it strike you as odd that there's so much paper and time wasted on something that is likely a hoax? There's much bigger issues our msm should be focusing on.
Can you only looks at the facts of an issue without inserting your own impressions?

The Star is a rag sure, but the presumption of guilt by the public comes from Ford. We have all seen how a Politician squirms when the news of a scandal breaks before the proof and Ford is a textbook case. The facts are that allegations have been made, and his reactions are that of a guilty man.

June 5, 2013, 12:33 p.m.

I just couldn't wrap my head around how a rag can forgo basic journalistic integrity to publicly trash their mayor to such a degree.

… or did they?

Besides conjecture from the two reporters who have shown considerable bias against ford in the past no one has seen the video.

They have seen a video … how is that "conjecture"? If they made these statements without having seen an actual video, their careers would be over once found out. They may have a bias, but it's a major stretch for them to outright lie and stake their livelihoods on said lie.

Doesn't it strike you as odd that there's so much paper and time wasted on something that is likely a hoax? There's much bigger issues our msm should be focusing on.

"Likely a hoax" is your call, not mine nor that of several others. On balance of probabilities, I say likely not a hoax.

Fact: the first to view and report on the video was Gawker - a New York based site with no skin in the game, and they probably couldn't have named Toronto's mayor two months ago.

Fact: Ford has a history of erratic behaviour, coupled with a history of alcohol addiction.

Fact: Ford has a history of telling outright lies, even when faced with incontrovertible evidence. ("I was never charged with DUI in Florida" … "Oh wait, I was but I forgot that time" - forgot a DUI charge? Really?)

Fact: The Star can't afford the $200k to buy a video, and they would be devastated if they were to face a multi-million dollar defamation lawsuit. Ford hates The Star, so why doesn't he go ahead and put the final nail in the coffin?

Kn.

June 5, 2013, 12:34 p.m.

Wow! Just wow! Without any evidence, just conjecture from a rag that has had a hard on for Ford since day one and people are ready to find him guilty. Really hope none of you get called in for jury duty. I guess none of you are capable of rational objective comprehension. Logic? Right…

So what you're sayin is if it looked like shit and smelled like shit you'd probably still taste it.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

June 5, 2013, 12:42 p.m.

Interesting how the man who tells everyone to back shit up with proof and facts. Yet all he has done is go with innuendo, rumour, and a couple bits of old behaviour. Yet if the roles where reversed he would be the first in line saying no video evidence no proof.

Sorry, KenN you have become part of the crowd of idiots with nothing better to do. Other then get off on the failings of others.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

June 5, 2013, 12:55 p.m.

"Likely a hoax" is your call, not mine nor that of several others. On balance of probabilities, I say likely not a hoax.

Remeber when we were all told Iraq had WMD's.

Fact: The Star can't afford the $200k to buy a video, and they would be devastated if they were to face a multi-million dollar defamation lawsuit. Ford hates The Star, so why doesn't he go ahead and put the final nail in the coffin?

This seems contradictory. Put up the 200k and you don't need to worry about multi $million defamation suit because you have the proof. Defamation doesn't exist if it's a fact.

In this day in age digital content like this proliferates quickly especially in the hands of drug dealers. If the video ever existed it will come out.

June 5, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

Interesting how the man who tells everyone to back shit up with proof and facts. Yet all he has done is go with innuendo, rumour, and a couple bits of old behaviour. Yet if the roles where reversed he would be the first in line saying no video evidence no proof.

Sorry, KenN you have become part of the crowd of idiots with nothing better to do. Other then get off on the failings of others.

lol swing and a miss.

You actually read Ken's posts?

June 5, 2013, 1:07 p.m.

So what you're sayin is if it looked like shit and smelled like shit you'd probably still taste it.

Ironic statement since I'm not the one eating this shit up.