Rob Ford (Toronto mayor) kicked from office.

Nov. 26, 2012, 6:30 p.m.

Rob Ford statue made of butter. He's reading Margaret Atwood and leaning on a steering wheel.

I was surprised by his loathing of Margaret Atwood, and how he wanted to close libraries. I don't get he steering wheel reference though.

Nov. 26, 2012, 6:39 p.m.

I don't get he steering wheel reference though.

hey was photographed driving in traffic while reading a stack of documents

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:13 p.m.

Yeah, and that's a bad thing. Subways aren't just more expensive to build - they're also more expensive to run, so not only hve we not recouped the investment from Sheppard, we're only getting deeper in the hole. As it is, the Sheppard line is still horribly expensive. Each ride costs taxpayers around $5, on top of the $3 fare. This compares to the average of $1 subsidy, $3 fare for the TTC as a whole - which by the way makes it the single most efficient (or least-subsidized) transit system anywhere in the world outside of Asia. Sheppard simply does not have the density for a subway extension, let alone the subway line it has now. It didn't have the density when it was announced, the "if you build it they will come" density hasn't materialized in the 30-odd years since then, and there's no signs of it coming any time soon.

That's probably the worst part of Ford's legacy, messing with the LRT plan - there _was _an engineer in charge, he was fired because he wasn't a yes man.

Sure subways are expensive. But the way it was done before politicians got control was pretty simple. They would build the tunnel extension to say Pharmacy then pause for 2 years. Then start up again for another couple of major streets. From what I understand by following this plan they kept costs lower and slowly expanded the network.

And Sheppard doesn't have the Density? I can tell you the demand is there for this because it's about more then the original area. The whole corridor of Sheppard has increased in residents. And anyone who has been on the LRT line already in Scarborough which is pretty much a copy of Skytrain know's it's shit in winter.

Simple reality is remove the politicians from the TTC and let it run. Put people like KenN or Rewoga in charge it will get better. Until then nothing will change and we will see another 20 years of fighting about buses vs LRT lines.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:14 p.m.

By someone operating a car while taking the pic.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:18 p.m.

By someone operating a car while taking the pic.

I dunno, I saw a pic and it looked like a passenger in the car beside had taken it….and frankly, I've taken pictures while driving before pretty safely, can't say I've ever attempted to read a ream of documents though

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:26 p.m.

I dunno, I saw a pic and it looked like a passenger in the car beside had taken it….and frankly, I've taken pictures while driving before pretty safely, can't say I've ever attempted to read a ream of documents though

you must work at rocky…

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:37 p.m.

- also the time he got caught talking on his celly and a woman told him that wasn't safe, and he fingered her and her 7yr old child..

- also busted for DUI in Florida, with weed in his pocket.

- also ….

the douchbaggery never ends with this one..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:42 p.m.

I just can't comprehend his thought process on this. It was $3100 and he hired one of the better known (re: most expensive) litigators in the city to defend him. He probably bills out at around $800/hr. Ford's probably spent $20k on legal fees to date and then whatever else he choses to rack up on appeal.

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:45 p.m.

I just can't comprehend his thought process on this. It was $3100 and he hired one of the better known (re: most expensive) litigators in the city to defend him. He probably bills out at around $800/hr. Ford's probably spent $20k on legal fees to date and then whatever else he choses to rack up on appeal.

Not about the money.

Ed. Probably try to expense the legal fees..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:56 p.m.

what price arrogance ?

Nov. 26, 2012, 7:59 p.m.

Wait. 'Mill, you like this fat tub of an embarrassment to Canada? Why?

I'm just going to leave these here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teME3jZUfwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwxiv2aznB0[HTML_REMOVED]NR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YZQ4oQjxgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOi2wIUCTnA

What a good politician. He shows real poise, dignity (or is it digg-nitty?), decorum, and a clear observance of parliamentary rules. This idiot is nothing but an embarrassment to your city and our country.

Nov. 26, 2012, 8:10 p.m.

This was long overdue. Hopefully, the intelligent voting public in Toronto rise up and vote in someone else.

This ^^^^

Nov. 26, 2012, 8:47 p.m.

I don't get he steering wheel reference though.

Old story.

Nov. 27, 2012, 1:10 p.m.

This was long overdue. Hopefully, the intelligent voting public in Toronto rise up and vote in someone else.

Reality is don't expect the voters to be intelligent. After all these same half wits tolerated McGuinty who screwed them way worse.

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorials/article/1262133--mcguinty-owes-ontarians-an-apology-for-power-plant-fiasco

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/bureaucratic-failings-blamed-for-ornge-fiasco/article4100990/?service=mobile

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Nov. 27, 2012, 1:32 p.m.

This AM on "the current" a of panel of exspurts picked this apart

while it was not a whole bunch of money or evebn anything criminal or shady buddy has shown he is just too fucking arrogant/stupid to play by some very simple rules