Rob Ford (Toronto mayor) kicked from office.

Jan. 22, 2014, 10:33 a.m.

I'm not offended by his badass Jamaican wannabe shit. I'm offended that a drunk, lying redneck with no decorum or grip on reality represents this country's largest city.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 22, 2014, 10:41 a.m.

I'm not offended by his badass Jamaican wannabe shit. I'm offended that a drunk, lying redneck with no decorum or grip on reality represents this country's largest city.

The voters of Toronto and Ontario have become numb to scandal and Politicians lying, cheating, scamming, raping, pillaging, and such. That at this point it would take a lot more to make something happen to cause the Toronto voters to ask to have a law to recall a politician….we don't.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 22, 2014, 7:20 p.m.

Talked with a couple of Jamicans I know…..not offended by his imitation of Jamaican Patois. Laughed at it.

This type of statement is called spokespersoning. You find someone (or a few) people of a certain group and say "Hey well this guy isn't offended by it so anyone who is is just crazy.." It's something people sometimes do to get away with stereotyping or defend an anti-PC opinion. It is a flawed argument because the person saying it will inevitably have far too small a sample size to make a fair representation.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 22, 2014, 7:58 p.m.

The voters of Toronto and Ontario have become numb to scandal and Politicians lying, cheating, scamming, raping, pillaging, and such. That at this point it would take a lot more to make something happen to cause the Toronto voters to ask to have a law to recall a politician….we don't.

And therefore it's OK to have a criminal running your city?

I guess he's white, so it's all good.

Jan. 23, 2014, 6:36 a.m.

White? What the hell.. The guys an embarrassment to the entire country…

Jan. 23, 2014, 7:33 a.m.

White? What the hell.. The guys an embarrassment to the entire country…

I'm trying to understand how "Ford Nation" continues to exist. The only thing I have left is its composed mainly of bumbling racist suburbanites who live a block away from where they were born, have yet to complete high school and love the smell of gasoline.

Jan. 23, 2014, 7:38 a.m.

its truly impossible to understand this shit…..its not funny at all.

I'm no fan of TO , but never the less……they don't deserve this .., nobody does..its like a bad HBO show…

Jan. 23, 2014, 8:18 a.m.

I'm trying to understand how "Ford Nation" continues to exist. The only thing I have left is its composed mainly of bumbling racist suburbanites who live a block away from where they were born, have yet to complete high school and love the smell of gasoline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfdoLedAWWg

"We would rather have a guy on crack, than a mayor who will raise our taxes.
They are saying, we don't care if he drives his Escalade drunk through the city.
We care that he wants to privatize garbage collection.
They are saying, we will vote for a gerbil, if we get a dollar back."

Jan. 23, 2014, 9 a.m.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jj-mccullough/rob-ford-video_b_4649472.html

If you're part of the Ford Nation rainbow coalition of indigent immigrants and lower-class suburban whites, chances are you see an awful lot of yourself in the man simply because his vices are the ones that increasingly define ?-?and in many cases, directly cause - the various social pathologies that shape the culture of the modern Canadian underclass: drug and alcohol abuse, dysfunctional families, organized crime, a general lack of respect for honesty, propriety, the rule of law, etc. And familiarity breeds loyalty, especially in a realm as dull and irrelevant as municipal politics, where it can be tough to view a mayor as anything but a cipher for the power of your segment of the social strata.

Uncomplicated class appeal is not the only reason for Ford's popularity, of course. But it's certainly reason enough to remain bullish on the man's chances for re-election. Particularly when the other side is such a mess.

Jan. 23, 2014, 11:51 a.m.

And therefore it's OK to have a criminal running your city?

I guess he's white, so it's all good.

Reality is if people cared as much as they like rant on the Internet more would be done. But won't happen.

If the politicians on Toronto council wanted to actually do something the best thing they could do is put out the call asking for Queen's Park to put in place a law that would allow voters to recall their elected officials. Something I believe can happen in BC. But that will never happen as Wynne like Toronto council know that goes against self preservation.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 23, 2014, 1:01 p.m.

Yes, because recall campaigns are so very effective, historically speaking.

Jan. 23, 2014, 1:28 p.m.

Yes, because recall campaigns are so very effective, historically speaking.

Well, there is another option that would deal with the issue. That being the idea of de amalgamation which would effectively also end the whole urban vs suburban meg city Toronto war. But seems all the anger about Rob Ford again has not been motivating enough.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Jan. 24, 2014, 3:31 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9hrhzbsbFA

Jan. 25, 2014, 5:19 a.m.

Never mind worrying about a out a recall…he is going to get re-elected

Jan. 26, 2014, 2:31 p.m.

Still waiting for that asteroid to come and clean up this mess we've made.

Wrong. Always.